Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Q: Has anyone Ever had a Warranty claim Denied due to an After-Market Intake?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 01:07 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Hall
We've never heard of a warranty being denied in over 10 years due to an intake system.

Our Killer Bee is not C.A.R.B. or smog legal yet, since it does not have the hydrocarbon traps. We are in the process of getting and EO #, but that last thing we want is C.A.R.B. Certification, and to have the paper traps come unglued and get sucked into the MAF sensor the way the stock units do.

We do, however, have the only ISO 5011 Certified filter on the market, with C.A.R.B. approval in the works, and sell hundreds of Killer Bee intakes to GM dealers all over the country and overseas.

You warranty rights are protected by Federal Law, "Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C))" The full Act:

http://www.corvettels7.com/MAGNUSON%...ANTY%20ACT.pdf

Jim Hall
Jim

My first mod on my C5 was your Haltech Trap (which was absolutely great). But I called my dealer before bringing it in regarding a possible pinging issue and he said no warrantee coverage!!!!! I took it to another dealer and they couldn't care less what intake was on it.....

DH

Quick Reply: [Z06] Q: Has anyone Ever had a Warranty claim Denied due to an After-Market Intake?