Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] "The most hated car on all the forums"

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 06:21 AM
Wanderer Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "The most hated car on all the forums"

This was posted on the USGTROC The GT-R owners club site.

BTW As a few of you know I'm getting one and I have been a member over there for a while just to set the records straight.

My Reply to this post is in " BLue" below...I know it is a little long winded but It kind of got under my skin in the wrong way and I had to say what was on my mind.

Originial Post:

I post in a lot of car forums, and I never seen a car that was more hated by people than the GTR. Just take a look at some M3, Porsche, Ferrari, Corvette, Viper, and other car forums. You would think that GTR killed their mom or sister or killed their first born son. Say anything about GTR in these forums and you are automatic "fanboy."

And this is only time when people doesn't believe the magazines. So far every review about the GTR was called biased, staged, or the driver didn't know how to drive, temp was too cold, the tires should have been different, etc. I never seen that with other cars before.

I guess GTR did something right because it brought out emotions from people.

REPLY:

Yeh, they're just jealous and pissed because their 100k cars are getting owned by a japcrap Datsun.

Another REPLY:

I just laugh HARD at these people. I don't think it's hate, it's pure clean jealousy. The jealousy is so bitter that they're bitching and crying a river of it. I've also never in my life seen such an automotive jealousy. Nissan has done it where other can't. Other manufactors have tried so hard to make their production cars go fast around track either with light weightness or other technology and Nissan just beat them in all with a weight of a SUV, other words Nissan has done where other world class automotive engineers thought was NOT possible.

MY REPLY:

I think I know why the GT-R is hated on some other sites but remember it also happens to other brands also but maybe not at this level.

I think this is the recipe for some of the reactions you may be getting on other sites.

Coming from someone that has a 09 GT-R coming and is a multi brand car owner (07 Z06, 800hp Evo, Looking to add a UGR TT 1200+hp 06 Viper GTS to the stable this winter and on the list for the new ZR-1. I’m always in the market looking/shopping for other brands and I’m on more than a few different sites that are relative to those brands that I own/have owned or have an interest in. I have to say that there is not one site that doesn’t get its fair share of Trolls on it. This site included!

You’ll always get the “there is no other car in the world super brand loyalist that can’t see beyond his own make of car type of person” that also frequents all the forums and puts down every other car except what he owns. Example go try and talk about a Z06 or Porsche or GT-R on Viper Alley and give them an attitude and all I can say is you better have your shark suits on! Although on the other Viper Club site I have to say there are a lot of good guys on there that you can have an intelligent conversation with about another brand of car without the name calling and insults…well except a few.
Stereotyping a group of people by the car they drive is just plain dumb IMO to say the least.

Just think for one moment of what it would be like to go on your favorite car site LIKE THIS SITE FOR EXAMPLE WHICH IS FOR GR-R ENTHUSIASTS to discuss/share/find out/view new info relating to the car you own and enjoy and ” EVERY TIME” I mean every time you came on here there were lots of threads started about “ MUSTANGS FOR EXAMPLE” by people that were not members on this site but just visitors or even trolls that join the site to harass and annoy others. They don’t even own a 09 GT-R and probably never will, but they keep posting over and over about MUTANGS! They posted in every GT-R thread wanting to talk about A MUSTANG and how great it is, how it beats every car out there, how technically advanced it was and blah, blah, blah. I think you would get a little sick of it. Especially if you had no interest in a freaking Mustang! I know I would!
I come on this site to talk GT-R’s 90% of the time and yes do I like comparisons between other cars vs the GT-R once in a while for sure but I find very few sites will give props to another brand to the point of worshiping it as the next coming…. so why try to sell them on that brand when they obviously like the brand they own. Let the car earn its respect on a track as other cars have before you start talking how it is going to whip *** on every car out there! I go on the Corvette forum to talk about my Z06 like I do on here… ditto with the Evo and Viper.

Hey I can speak for a lot of guys on the Corvette, Porsche, Evo and Viper forums that give the GT-R all its props and a few like myself that are getting one and looking forward to the day it arrives. Yes there are those that hate the looks, the origin of the country it was built in, don’t believe the performance numbers etc.etc but even I get embarrassed by some of the fanboi/ trolls that come over to other sites I’m on ( you know who you are) and talk smack, put down other peoples cars and post on every thread that’s started annoying everyone quoting BS or should I say your interpretation of what some car magazine article stated that you read on the toilet even though in many cases you have never driven nor in so many cases even been in or near the car you seem to know so much about or are comparing it to. These types seem to be experts on whatever site they are on and act as though they know all! For example, how cheap the interior looks/feels or how the seats don’t give any support, I love this one “they are RWD and spin all over the road” or they are fat pigs, they look like a shoe, people that drive them are snobs! Blah! Blah! Blah! They act as though they were some kind of engineering/design experts or pro race driver that’s employed by that particular brand of car. All the put downs, insults and smack talk gets old after a while and of course some people get defensive and go into attack mode.
The Z06, ZR-1, 08 Viper & ACR, along with the GT-R & V Spec are all great performance bargains in their own categories IMO and are/will give a few VERY HIGH $$ brands nightmares on a road course, drag strip or on the street and send some of them I’m sure back to the drawing board.

The US SPEC GT-R will be here soon enough so just wait and see what the car does on US tracks and let’s hope some of you can validate all the performance numbers and hype the GT-R has received in the auto news and industry magazines and help to legitimize the brand and improve its reputation here in the US or you will be eating Crow for dinner a lot!

JMHO

Last edited by Wanderer Z06; 04-13-2008 at 06:35 AM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] "The most hated car on all the forums"