Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] LeMans Blue Z's with aftermarket wheels, lets see em...

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 06:54 PM
sheriffd2
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LeMans Blue Z's with aftermarket wheels, lets see em...

I love the look of the now famous JSB Z with 360forged's, but that is a very different color from Lemans Blue. And there are a lot of other cool wheels options out here. I've seen a couple of LB C6Zs with aftermarket wheels pics, but it'd be nice to get a bunch all in one place.

I'm ready for new wheels, and have a couple of good ideas, but lets see all of your Lemans Blue Z's and what their wearing for wheels, everything from factory color options to aftermarkets, c'mon post up!
Old 07-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Sharky99
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No offense to anyone of course, but i absolutely hate those wheels.
I'd go with HRE's or some other company personally.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:44 PM
DOMSCOM
Racer

Originally Posted by sheriffd2
I love the look of the now famous JSB Z with 360forged's, but that is a very different color from Lemans Blue. And there are a lot of other cool wheels options out here. I've seen a couple of LB C6Zs with aftermarket wheels pics, but it'd be nice to get a bunch all in one place.

I'm ready for new wheels, and have a couple of good ideas, but lets see all of your Lemans Blue Z's and what their wearing for wheels, everything from factory color options to aftermarkets, c'mon post up!
Dave, I have Forgeline ZX3R fully polished wheels on my Le Mans Z. They have been great, run true, well balanced, and are eye catching.. I hope this helps.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Motime
Advanced

Beautiful wheels, but why no centers?
Old 07-05-2008, 09:57 PM
DOMSCOM
Racer

Originally Posted by Motime
Beautiful wheels, but why no centers?
This is their race wheel. It is lighter than stock and is a 1/2" wider front and rear on 18 x19 rims..They did not make a center piece when I had originally purchased the wheels. They are avaiable now. I believe they can be retro fitted for about $400. Quite frankly, when you see the wheel in person, you get a much rawer, racing feel. I had the center spindles and rear axle nuts painted black. They have held up really well. we
Old 07-05-2008, 11:49 PM
sheriffd2
Racer

Those look HOT! I'm trying to picture what they'd look like with center caps, and how they'd even fit with that protruding bolt.

I'm gonna have to give these a look, thats a great looking wheel
Old 07-06-2008, 02:35 AM
CookieMonster6
Intermediate

I saw a lemans blue with black centers and a chrome lip and the car looked beautiful! I would go with modular concept wheels, model 01 or model 03... I had HRE's on my 04 zo6 and I was very upset because I felt that I didnt get good service for the money I paid. My wheels looked very tarnished after about 8 months and HRE didnt not want to fix them!. I am looking into modular concept wheels for my own zo6 and so far Alain has been great to deal with . I think im going to go with them because they are fresh wheels.. unlike other brands that are everywhere you look, you want something unique on your "Z"
Old 07-06-2008, 02:39 AM
CookieMonster6
Intermediate

I dont mean to offend anyone but I personally dont like wheels with to much chrome. Black center and chrome lip would look racy and classy, I highly recommend !
Old 07-06-2008, 02:40 AM
CookieMonster6
Intermediate

Or also a mate black center, gloss black lip with a thin red pinstripe
Old 07-06-2008, 07:07 AM
DOMSCOM
Racer

Those look HOT! I'm trying to picture what they'd look like with center caps, and how they'd even fit with that protruding bolt.

I'm gonna have to give these a look, thats a great looking wheel
Dave, go to the Forgeline website. They have pictures of the wheels with the center caps. Also they show each style with just about every conceivable combination of construction. These wheels are supurbly made. They can construct them any way you like. There are many different styles to choose from.
PS. That center axle nut is on every car...including yours. As I said before, you really don't see it after a while and I would not put the center caps on. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:02 PM
CookieMonster6
Intermediate

The wheels are a bit ordinary, you should get something unique to go with the "Z". Also rims look alot better when they have a flat lip. The double lip makes it look smaller. Dave have you seen any pics with diffrent combos? you can do a 2 inch lip in front and fit a 4 inch lip at the rear. Me personally, I would do something like that! IM recommending you to check out modular-concept.com check out there wheels options listed on the main z06 forum page
Old 07-07-2008, 07:03 PM
NVNO1
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

I've posted this pic before, but here it is again. I need to get some updated pics. These are HRE C93 competition wheels brushed centers with clear coat and polished lips. The quality is second to none. I had a set of fully polished 597s on my C5 for 4 years that looked brand new when I sold the car. Of course I did take good care of them IE: no sprinklers, rain, snow and I polished then twice a year with the rims off the car. Hope this helps. IMHO I would choose HRE's or Forglines. When you see them in person you will really appreciate the quality.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:23 PM
DarkPresence
Heel & Toe

Old 07-07-2008, 11:04 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by LingenfelterPresence
Darkest Lemans Blue I have seen yet, without question.....
Old 07-07-2008, 11:12 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

Lol
Old 07-07-2008, 11:15 PM
sheriffd2
Racer

Some good stuff here! I'm digging the brushed HRE's!

Keep em coming!
Old 07-07-2008, 11:31 PM
CookieMonster6
Intermediate

Hey whats up sheriff... check out the post titled the cookie monster is unleashed. That is my car and I am highly satisfied.. Let me know what you think

Get notified of new replies

To LeMans Blue Z's with aftermarket wheels, lets see em...

Old 01-20-2009, 10:18 PM
carlsbad
Pro

more
Old 01-20-2009, 11:18 PM
bud miller
Melting Slicks

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

i'm at the same pt with my LMB 06 z..i think i'm going with the new 09 chrome spyder wheels , they are on the will cooksey model Z..
Old 01-21-2009, 09:44 AM
sheriffd2
Racer

Well, I totalled my LBZ a few months back, so I guess my original question is no longer valid for me The wrecked beast has since been replaced with a VY Z, and a set of wicked custom wheels are in the making

Quick Reply: [Z06] LeMans Blue Z's with aftermarket wheels, lets see em...