Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Whats this? rocks between body panels!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 08:52 PM
howardl
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Whats this? rocks between body panels!

Now that I have a lift and can do cleaning at eye level I found rocks/gravel in the gap between the rocker panel and the rear quarter panel just in front of the rear wheel! I had to remove the screw on the quarter panel inside the wheel well pull the panel out a little and use a small brush to get them all out. No paint danage yet but if it is left there I am sure it would. Looks like they get thrown up and in the gap between the wheel well liner and the quarter panel, I think the fix is going to be some black RTV to fill the gap? What do you think.. Any one else found this?
Old 08-13-2008, 09:06 PM
QIKSLVR
Instructor

Originally Posted by howardl
Now that I have a lift and can do cleaning at eye level I found rocks/gravel in the gap between the rocker panel and the rear quarter panel just in front of the rear wheel! I had to remove the screw on the quarter panel inside the wheel well pull the panel out a little and use a small brush to get them all out. No paint danage yet but if it is left there I am sure it would. Looks like they get thrown up and in the gap between the wheel well liner and the quarter panel, I think the fix is going to be some black RTV to fill the gap? What do you think.. Any one else found this?
Same thing on mine. I'm glad they can be removed as easily as that.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:08 PM
Hatdude
Burning Brakes

If you use the search feature you'll find many posts on this.. even a "how to" to solve the problem using foam rubber weather-stripping.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:09 PM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 536 Likes on 279 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10-'11-'12-'13 '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Pipedreams will probably post here but I will beat him to it. Try this link on his website and get rid of the rocks, http://www.nakidparts.com/id22.html

Old 08-13-2008, 09:26 PM
jnx911
Melting Slicks

I couldn't get the weatherstrip to work very well, so I used clear silicone and used an eraser from a pencil to smooth it out. Works well.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:23 PM
QIKSLVR
Instructor

Originally Posted by ByByBMW
Pipedreams will probably post here but I will beat him to it. Try this link on his website and get rid of the rocks, http://www.nakidparts.com/id22.html

Thanks for the link!
Old 08-13-2008, 10:40 PM
1-2-b-67L89
Melting Slicks

Received 67 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Hatdude
If you use the search feature you'll find many posts on this.. even a "how to" to solve the problem using foam rubber weather-stripping.
Went to HomeDepot for the door/window adhesive backed foam weather stripping and placed between as per pipedreams simple instuctions posted by "bybybmw". You have to remove a few screws but it is not difficult and solves the problem with very little expense. Simple but it works
Old 08-14-2008, 08:42 AM
skudlw
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jnx911
I couldn't get the weatherstrip to work very well, so I used clear silicone and used an eraser from a pencil to smooth it out. Works well.
Same here. The clear silicone keeps it all out.

Get notified of new replies

To Whats this? rocks between body panels!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Whats this? rocks between body panels!