Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] owned on changing valve springs

Old 09-27-2008, 12:35 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

Default owned on changing valve springs

so went to Rock rapids which is close to my parents (10 miles) to do a call today so i brought all my tools etc to use the air compressor at parents to change out to the dual valve springs needed for the cam swap.

anyways i have used the same tool now for 5 or 6 cam swaps.
all either ls1 or ls6 motors. well i have the drivers side all tore down to the bare essentials i put the 2 ended stud into the rocker arm hole and put the tool on, the ls7 motor is different on the rocker arm mounts! so that sucks since the threads on this double ended stud dont go all the way

so good thing i didnt take all passenger rockers off also. so now i need to get a full length stud and this tool i have should work. I then had to reassemble everything since i had both coil packs off an all plug wires taken off

also the damn hand assembled rocker arm bolts were tight as hell it cracked 3 sockets getting some of them off. time to buy a impact 8mm socket for next time.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:29 AM
Dreamin
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

You went to your parents place... not to visit with them, but to work on you car
That would get me written out of their will
Old 09-27-2008, 09:56 AM
bowtiguy
Melting Slicks

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I think lingenfelter makes a tool for the LS7 heads/valve springs now that could speed things up ( after you wait for it in them mail) but then again...you may never change springs again.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:36 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

yeah i went to go visit them too

helped my dad on the farm again it was a nice trip away from living in town.

yeah i found a solution to my problem i just need to get a fully threaded stud.

the tool i have looks like this pretty much but the stud i have do not have full thread, it just has a bit of thread on each end which is fine for ls1,ls6 but not the ls7

Get notified of new replies

To owned on changing valve springs

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] owned on changing valve springs