Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Do you have exhaust cut-outs? If so, please step inside

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 11:32 AM
LanceFitzgiben
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

are they really illegal in some places? I would assume just from a noise standpoint. I've personally had no problems - some police actually heard me rev matching toward a red light on the way to a meet and then later stopped by the meet to see the car and let me how how "badass" it sounded.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:03 PM
LDYSTIG
Pro

Received 145 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by BLW BY
They let anybody buy a Corvette.
Yup, even old geezer tree hugging hippies apparently...

eCutouts are great and you shouldn't rag on people because of their personal choices with their vehicle. Some people like to a stealthy sleeper, and some people like a loud exhaust, it's all a matter of personally preference really!

Originally Posted by jamsvet
Legal, Schmegal I really couldn't care. What are they going to do, crawl underneath the car? I can't hear my car when I sit next to a Harley at a stoplight.
This has always been my excuse! You don't pull Harley's over for being too loud, so you're not pulling me over!

Originally Posted by LanceFitzgiben
are they really illegal in some places? I would assume just from a noise standpoint. I've personally had no problems - some police actually heard me rev matching toward a red light on the way to a meet and then later stopped by the meet to see the car and let me how how "badass" it sounded.
I have found this to be generally true amongst most cops. Unless you're driving like a complete A hole, most cops will be cool and show interest in your car.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:15 PM
ANGRY Z
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This is one of the craziest threads. A dude going on psychotic "anti-cutout" rage. A leafspring cracked in half. A kid cutting exhaust with a cutoff wheel on carpet in his house! Not to mention the giant Tigger in the background. WTH? I was just looking for pics of cutout installs, but got some good laughs too! Thank you all.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Do you have exhaust cut-outs? If so, please step inside