Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] PCV Delete on an LS7

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 10:11 AM
jedblanks
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteDiamond
I would like to know if you could "T" the valley cover port into the lines coming from the valve covers and just cap that port on the TB. The much longer line from the bridge to the oil sump should not flow much oil and one could even increase the length of that line to help more.
Yes, why couldn't you just tie all the blue lines together and feed them into the oil tank? Capping the throttle body port.

I guess you would lose your vacuum this way and it would just be a excess pressure relief system rather than a Vacuum assisted one.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:55 PM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by 6Speeder
WhiteDiamond: If I understand what you are proposing you are not venting into the air (no exposed filter), just moving the oil laden air into the front of the throttle body, which has lower vacuum than the stock source. I don't think that solves the problem.
Okay, didn't think about that. I wonder if just increasing the length of the line from the valley over to the TB would help if I could maintain a slight elevation gain to get the oil running back. A 'cooled' catch can may also be a good idea, but where to put a cooling system for it? Condense the oil out of the air.

Quick Reply: [Z06] PCV Delete on an LS7