Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] • CHE • Rocker Arm Pricing •

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 03:29 PM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default • CHE • Rocker Arm Pricing •

• Rocker Arm Pricing •

CHE rockers are an engineered solution that is race proven without the issues associated with stock or the HS repalcement needle bearings.

This rocker conversion definitely ends the needle bearing issues, once and for all.

$ 420 Exchange + shipping

$ 640 Outright - (new GM rockers) + shipping

Please call and speak with me or Keith

Last edited by C_Williams@RPM; 05-19-2009 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Price reduction - gotta love CHE!
Old 05-19-2009, 03:35 PM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 601 Likes on 221 Posts

is this gonna be $687 shipped?
Old 05-19-2009, 04:23 PM
fperra
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Since the rocker bearings are not pressure fed, is it wise to use a bushing type bearing with the modern oils we use? NASCAR racers that use these rockers use motor oils with a high zinc content. I'm not flaming, just curious.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:54 PM
scottman53
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How long is the turn around to re build these?
Thanks,
Scott
Old 05-19-2009, 05:03 PM
obzidian
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by fperra
Since the rocker bearings are not pressure fed, is it wise to use a bushing type bearing with the modern oils we use? NASCAR racers that use these rockers use motor oils with a high zinc content. I'm not flaming, just curious.
Uh, NASCAR!! WOOHOO!!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 05:34 PM
fperra
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by obzidian
Uh, NASCAR!! WOOHOO!!!!
Brilliant reply. I wish I was that witty.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:23 PM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by fperra
Yes, no issues and BTW, what makes anyone believe that modern oils do not have an equivalent or better additive than zinc?

Last, if synthetic oil was so bas for needles in the rockers, as told to me by HS, why does it work so well with roller lifters?

Bottom line - no worries with bushings and synthetic oils...
Old 05-19-2009, 06:25 PM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by scottman53
How long is the turn around to re build these?
Thanks,
Scott
Typically, 24-48 hours!
Old 05-19-2009, 06:52 PM
2CRUDE
Racer

this is IMHO and some info for the people interested.
i spoke with Ed from CHE yesterday and we had a good conversation about the good and bad options; valvetrain in general and the success they've had with application. i was sold, mine will be sent out next week.
he said they have many sets out there in high HP LS7's running up to 8200rpm with zero failures to date. he was very professional and seemed to have alot of experience in the field.
not that this adds much from the technical standpoint, but i've been researching an alternative for a while and i see no reason to look further.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:52 PM
0Ron@RPM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 2CRUDE
i spoke with Ed from CHE yesterday and we had a good conversation about the good and bad options; valvetrain in general and the success they've had with application. i was sold, mine will be sent out next week.
he said they have many sets out there in high HP LS7's running up to 8200rpm with zero failures to date. he was very professional and seemed to have alot of experience in the field.
not that this adds much from the technical standpoint, but i've been researching an alternative for a while and i see no reason to look further.

Ed knows what works !
Old 05-20-2009, 09:18 AM
MTIRC6Z
Melting Slicks

"Last, if synthetic oil was so bas for needles in the rockers, as told to me by HS, why does it work so well with roller lifters?"

Quite possibly because the roller lifters had the benefit of break-in with zinc??? Or maybe the rollers in the lifters were turning on a surface with greater than Rockwell56 hardness???

Regardless, am I the only one who thinks taking roller bearings out of a high reving engine and replacing them with bushings is a step backwards??? I know the crank/rods and cam are running on what are effectively bushings, but they have an oiling system specifically design to accommodate that, can the same be said about the rockers?

Then there's the Yella Terra option, full roller bolt-on, (assuming they get their rocker cover clearance issue settled) for $379.99 a set outright...vs $640, it looks too good to be true, I guess time will tell.

Cheers, Paul.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:38 AM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MTIRC6Z
"Last, if synthetic oil was so bas for needles in the rockers, as told to me by HS, why does it work so well with roller lifters?"

Quite possibly because the roller lifters had the benefit of break-in with zinc??? Or maybe the rollers in the lifters were turning on a surface with greater than Rockwell56 hardness???

Regardless, am I the only one who thinks taking roller bearings out of a high reving engine and replacing them with bushings is a step backwards??? I know the crank/rods and cam are running on what are effectively bushings, but they have an oiling system specifically design to accommodate that, can the same be said about the rockers?

Then there's the Yella Terra option, full roller bolt-on, (assuming they get their rocker cover clearance issue settled) for $379.99 a set outright...vs $640, it looks too good to be true, I guess time will tell.

Cheers, Paul.
Nobody is saying that roller rockers with needles don't work - of course they do - and we use them in many LSx applications. Specifically we have used, Crower, Crane, T&D, and Jesel. The aforementioned are shaft rockers and of those, Crane utilizes bushings the others needle rollers.

What I am saying is this - the factory rocker uses a needle bearing supported trunnion and is notorious for spilling the needles out themselves and into the engine. I can only speculate as to why this occurs but it's pretty obvious that it's either cost or design related.

If you use the factory rockers the CHE bushing is by far the superior upgrade in this application.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:49 AM
Dicecal
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Charlie,

For installation, can you just torque these down to 22 Ft/lbs and be done with them? Or do you recommend following the procedure in the service manual (rotate the engine to TDC, install half of them, them rotate another 360 to install the rest)
Old 05-20-2009, 11:04 AM
MTIRC6Z
Melting Slicks

"If you use the factory rockers the CHE bushing is by far the superior upgrade in this application."

So then, it's fair to say CHE is by far the superior upgrade if you plan on using the factory rockers since it now seems as though it isn't just the 'factory' who hasn't figured out how to stop NSS (ie. needle spitting syndrome).

Cheers, Paul.

Last edited by MTIRC6Z; 05-20-2009 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Dicecal
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 2CRUDE

So what are the disadvantages of these?
Old 05-20-2009, 11:56 PM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Dicecal
Charlie,

For installation, can you just torque these down to 22 Ft/lbs and be done with them? Or do you recommend following the procedure in the service manual (rotate the engine to TDC, install half of them, them rotate another 360 to install the rest)
Follow the procedure as you outlined from the service manual - it's straight forward and works best.

Place engine on TDC - both valves closed # 1 Cylinder

Adjust:
#1 Intake
#1 Exhaust
#3 Intake
#5 Intake
#7 Exhaust
#2 Exhaust
#4 Intake
#8 Exhaust

Rotate 360° -both valves closed # 6 Cylinder

Adjust:
#3 Exhaust
#5 Exhaust
#7 Intake
#2 Intake
#4 Exhaust
#6 Intake
#6 Exhaust
#8 Intake
Old 05-21-2009, 12:00 AM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

"If you use the factory rockers the CHE bushing is by far the superior upgrade in this application."

So then, it's fair to say CHE is by far the superior upgrade if you plan on using the factory rockers since it now seems as though it isn't just the 'factory' who hasn't figured out how to stop NSS (ie. needle spitting syndrome).

Cheers, Paul.
In my opinion as well as that of CHE and Wegner Motorsports (supplier NASCAR LSx spec engine) , yes. :cheer

Cheers, Paul.
In my opinion as well as that of CHE and Wegner Motorsports (supplier NASCAR LSx spec engine) , yes. s:

Get notified of new replies

To • CHE • Rocker Arm Pricing •

Old 05-21-2009, 12:01 AM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

None that I can see....
Old 05-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 601 Likes on 221 Posts

what other options are there?
Old 05-22-2009, 10:03 AM
bowtiguy
Melting Slicks

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

$$$$$$ , but it beats pulling your heads to have them machined to accept Crowler or shaft mount system.

The price point is right in betwqeen the H/S option and most shaft mount systems, plus its an easy swap....unless you have those damn Katech Valve covers and have the vents plumed like mine.

thanks again Charlie! If someone could get you out from under a car or off the dyno and into the board/marketing room I think you would be quite busy over there.

Quick Reply: [Z06] • CHE • Rocker Arm Pricing •