Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Final C6 Z06 Corvette Lingenfelter 660 Package Results...601 RWHP!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 01:54 AM
Z06guy46
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bowtiguy

3) COST! you say you can't afford $1295 worth of machine work but can spring for a Kinsler intake....

If you want the top end power of teh GT-21, buy it! pay for the optional hand sanding ( well over 405 cfm on the intake side), put the ferras in and forget it!

Both of the aforementioned cars run the full tilt LPE top ends. The GT-21 cam car has a stock bottom end, ferra springs and hand rolled finishing ( $250 upgrade). It pulls to the STARS!!! and with the correct tuning, drives nice.

The second car has a completely forged light weight short block LS7 with LPE top end, ferra springs, GT 19 cam and Titanium intake/exhaust valves. drives nearly like stock. It revs quicker than the GT21 cam car ( lighter recip assembly) and is faster on both the drag strip and road course than the 454 cu in LS7 it replaced ( that car did not have these heads though).....you do the math.
Well to be honest I never thought of the Kinsler as a realistic cost effective option for me. I tryed to justify it but I don't think it's worth the hastle or the money. If the head work only cost $1520, then where is the cost difference between the 616 and 630 package? is this all installation and Warranty cost? The 616 comes with the Ferrea option already. Seeing as the heads are most likely comming off anyway, why is the price so different. Shouldn't the price be more like $8500 or is there more work done to get the higher compression ratio. Does anybody have the FAST LSX on the 616 package? I am at a loss as far as what other parts I should buy. I want a splitter and diffuser for track use but my car is a daily driver. I don't mind ground clearance issues but staying at factor compression may help me maintain reliability for long term use. Im thinking 616 + FAST and use the rest of the money for tires and maybe suspension. Any thoughts? I feel like the heads and FAST combo will get me closer to 660. I'm not expecting 600rwhp but I hope to get 550rwhp. don't know if I got one of those stock motors makin close to 450rwhp. based on cost alone. I don't know if I can swing both the FAST and the heads so I can put money into other areas. If you had to choose between the manifold or the heads, which is the better option?
Old 08-22-2009, 10:09 AM
bowtiguy
Melting Slicks

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06guy46
Well to be honest I never thought of the Kinsler as a realistic cost effective option for me. I tryed to justify it but I don't think it's worth the hastle or the money. If the head work only cost $1520, then where is the cost difference between the 616 and 630 package? is this all installation and Warranty cost? The 616 comes with the Ferrea option already. ?

If you are doing the work yourself or buying the parts outright for a local installer, a full blown 630 package with CAI, 100mm MAF, shroud, fully loaded heads, and a GT-19 cam runs $3670 and change.( no price difference for the GT-21)

you are paying for the labor and tuning. It took me about 12 hrs total to do my head swap, but I did not do a cam at that time, and I clean EVERYTHING before it goes back in.

You can always add a Fast 102 intake later down the line. much easier swap than heads for sure!

As far as your aero ?'s, I can't comment as I've only run stock body config. but I have run it up to 170+ at Road America and it regularly reaches 150mph here on my local road course. I have a steep ingress driveway so a splitter is NOT in my future.

hope that helps.

Last edited by bowtiguy; 08-22-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 601 Likes on 221 Posts

$3670? I would think that the heads and intake alone would cost that much. I would guess more like $5000.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:40 PM
bowtiguy
Melting Slicks

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Stingray23
$3670? I would think that the heads and intake alone would cost that much. I would guess more like $5000.
go to LPE's website and add all the items to the cart, you will come up with the same $$$ amount. Of course, the heads are NOT outright, so you will have to supply your own cores, most guys who already have a C6Z have these....

--OR--

you can have them do it at what ever GM's "new" complete LS7 head price is...
Old 08-25-2009, 11:27 PM
NITROUS JUNKIE
Burning Brakes

GT21 flat lays the smack down.

I'm waiting for the new GT31 LS7 cam to come out.

Z06 owner wanting to go bigger than the 21. :o
Old 08-26-2009, 12:01 AM
WeaponsGradeTorque
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by NITROUS JUNKIE
GT21 flat lays the smack down.

I'm waiting for the new GT31 LS7 cam to come out.

Z06 owner wanting to go bigger than the 21. :o

Old 08-26-2009, 12:05 AM
PureSwank
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah you know that is certainly is not going to be daily drivable lol
Old 08-26-2009, 01:56 AM
kumar75150
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by PureSwank
For real? please list them so that I can be aware of them just in case a friend wants advice including your shop and what modification procedures they took along with your power numbers.

700bhp 600rwhp+ for 11k. I would assume they do just as much as the list for this package right? Maybe more? Let us all in on these shops so I can do some research on them as well. cheers.
The reason I asked you to list them is because I have several friends who wanted something like the 660LPE package only cheaper. What shops we're you referring to if you don't mind me asking.
I don't doubt it bro, I just didn't see it up on there website. Maybe it's customized? That warranty is pretty legit as well. If you know of other shops who provide better quality and prices please do tell.

My buddy could use some helpful info.
Here you go: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...and-tuned.html
Old 08-26-2009, 10:38 PM
Captain Z
Racer

Originally Posted by novaz06
WGT, can you tell me your analysis on which gears are best between 373, 390, 410? Which is the best and why in your opinion? I feel like 373's aren't enough to justify the mod, and maybe 410s are too much on the hwy?
Well, I'm not WGT and I'm certainly no expert, but for what it's worth I have 4.10s on my car and I see no downside.

I think most high hp cars (i.e. 550rwhp and up) are going to be shifting into 4th gear before the end of the 1/4, so that may be a moot point.

As far as highway driving, before this mod I never drove the car in 6th gear because it was such a dog. Now with the new gears it is actually a useable gear when before it wasn't. I can drive 85mph at 2300 rpms which I think is about right. Expect roughly 300 rpm increase from stock gears to 4.10s.

I think more people are slowly warming to the idea of new gears for the z--it's actually one of the most cos-effective mods out there.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:27 AM
MTIRC6Z
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First of all if you've got a Z06 diff isn't putting 4.10 gears in it making it weaker given you have to use the smaller C6 ring and pinion?

Secondly, if at 550rwhp it's a dog in 6th a better tune is required. I've got a H/C set-up with 592rwhp, freakin thing has to idle at 1025rpm, and yet I can put it in 6th gear, take my foot off the gas and have it idle along at 45 mph on a flat road with no load and there was no surging or bucking. Heck I've actually idled up a hill where the rpm got dragged down to 850 rpm and the thing still pulled along at about 37 mph. When I push the gas pedal at idle in 6th gear it pulls away just fine, if I want to accelerate faster I just grab a lower gear.

Cheers, Paul.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:28 PM
Corvette6.0
Advanced

Originally Posted by WeaponsGradeTorque
The increase from the FAST was about 13 rwhp. LPE optimized my car to 588 RWHP and then added the FAST. All this on 11.5 compression and 93 octane, and safe tune!
It made 588RWHP with just the 660hp package with the gt21 cam ?
My z06 is being picked up this week for the same package and I was asking one of the sales guys about putting the fast intake on. He did not recommend it because of the drivability issues it caused.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:05 PM
Wulverine
Le Mans Master

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Corvette6.0
It made 588RWHP with just the 660hp package with the gt21 cam ?
My z06 is being picked up this week for the same package and I was asking one of the sales guys about putting the fast intake on. He did not recommend it because of the drivability issues it caused.
What drive ability issues?
Old 01-20-2013, 03:34 PM
Corvette6.0
Advanced

Originally Posted by LOUFY
What drive ability issues?
I do not know. I was hoping you guys knew
Old 01-21-2013, 12:14 AM
briancb1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A 700 crank HP MAST built 427 crate motor (305cc heads, FAST intake, etc) put down 601rwhp at my local dynojet. That's the only motor I've seen dyno sheets in and out of a car for a c6z. If you go to the mast website you can see the specs. Curious how LPE only lost 60hp and the MAST one lost 100.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:15 PM
Automon
Navigator
Support Corvetteforum!

My 2009 Z06 ships to Lingenfelter end of the week for the 660hp package and the MSD Atomic intake manifold. I am being told 3-4 weeks for build plus 3-4 days to ship back to Colorado. That are telling me about 700hp at the crank the whole reason I added the Atomic intake to the package is because I can only buy 91 octane in Colorado they were a little concerned. I am also curious how it will perform 6000 feet above sea level. I can't wait for it to get back here and it has not even left yet going to be a long 4-5 weeks
Old 06-12-2018, 06:29 PM
furiousox
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Automon
My 2009 Z06 ships to Lingenfelter end of the week for the 660hp package and the MSD Atomic intake manifold. I am being told 3-4 weeks for build plus 3-4 days to ship back to Colorado. That are telling me about 700hp at the crank the whole reason I added the Atomic intake to the package is because I can only buy 91 octane in Colorado they were a little concerned. I am also curious how it will perform 6000 feet above sea level. I can't wait for it to get back here and it has not even left yet going to be a long 4-5 weeks
subscribed for updates
Old 07-25-2018, 07:43 AM
Automon
Navigator
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by WeaponsGradeTorque
I've been at LPE for the last week while they put some finishing touches on my car. What an amazing shop! First class engineering & Development!!!! They are very serious about being the best in the business and they showed me some cutting edge development in the works. Just really impressive on all aspects of development and execution. Very talented group of people indeed, and they treat you like family.

People are so hard working and dedicated at LPE. They have multiple engine dynos and some pretty sophisticated machining equipment to build top quality parts for their kits. After seeing what these guys are about, I will NEVER EVER take my car to another shop. There is no BS at LPE, just great results.

Here are some dyno charts after LPE tuning and then adding the Fast Intake Manifold. I bet you can image how pleased I am with these results!!!

My Z is at Lingenfelter now getting the 660 package along with a couple of other goodies. The car is schduled to be completed 8/1/18 I will let you know what I think once it ships home/
Old 08-07-2018, 01:04 PM
Automon
Navigator
Support Corvetteforum!

Lingenfelter has had my Z since 6/26/18 and it has been one delay after another. I sent the money two weeks before they received my car ( so they could order the parts and be ready when the car arrived) a bunch of crap. I Just received another email from them apologizing but it was going to be two more weeks because the forgot to order my headers. I know there customer service sucks but this is just stupid.... I hope the car runs well when it comes home.
Old 08-11-2018, 10:49 AM
Automon
Navigator
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Lingenfelter how long

3-4 weeks.
My car is there now! They have had my car for 6 weeks and the engine is still not in the car. There customer service SUCKS!! if you don't call them they won't call you at this point they are telling me two more weeks because they forgot to order my headers. I sent Lingenfelter $7,000 3 weeks before shipping my car to them so they could have all parts on hand for the build. They also are missing the valve spring retainers which caused another delay I warned them that my car better run when its returned to me.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Final C6 Z06 Corvette Lingenfelter 660 Package Results...601 RWHP!!