Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] c6 Z06 drop on stock bolt's pic. And drop on cut bolt's

Old 09-21-2009, 10:50 PM
0Corvettes of Dallas - Parts
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great, minimizing my gaps allows makes a HUGE difference.

Nice Z.

Corvettes of Dallas
Old 09-21-2009, 11:21 PM
Luweegy
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good! I did the same and then went to coilovers and went even lower.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:45 PM
catchmes2000
Racer

bump
Old 11-25-2009, 11:16 AM
obzidian
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I'm assuming my "limiting suspension" you are referring to shock travel, correct? Besides the geometry of the stock suspensions, plus having the need to readjust your alignment, would you think the stock leaf's would have an issue being lowered all the way like that?
Old 11-25-2009, 11:19 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

That Z looks awesome lowered...I wish I could get away with that around here, but I'd be buying a new splitter and front air dam every month.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:40 AM
JJ25
Racer

Looks great. Good thing the plastic air dams are cheap. lol I would go through a set a year when I had my lowered C5 Z06. Those wheels really add significantly to your cars appeal, nice.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:37 AM
EGOCHKR
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by catchmes2000
Yes i will get a aligment done but have to do a few KM before going to make sure everything is settle...

Hi Jeff,

Did you happen to buy this car from Maryland a gentleman named Paddy?

Cody
Old 08-24-2016, 11:41 AM
LEJ ZO6
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Lowered on stock bolts

First off my Z is a daily driver. It is a 2008 and I bought it new. It now has 88,000+ miles on it. If it was a track car I'd have it as low as possible.

I lowered my suspension on the stock bolts as low as I could and had it realigned. No adverse affect as far as handling.

I do have issues going in and out of driveways, going over speed bumps and even going over the road crown in a cross street or a rain gutter.

I've replaced the plastic front spoiler several times. They get chewed up pretty fast on the street. They aren't cheap but don't cost a fortune.

This last time I broke the spoiler things were a little more serious. I caught the spoiler on the pavement when exiting a gas station parking lot going into traffic. When I got home I noticed the drivers side of the spoiler was hanging pretty low. I jacked up the car to assess the situation and found that the screws holding the spoiler to the front fascia had pulled out and broken a chunk out of the fascia as they were leaving.

I tried drilling some new holes and using some rivnuts to hold the spoiler on but that didn't work out very well. The first time the spoiler dragged on something the rivnuts pulled out of the fascia. If there were better access to the back side some reinforcing washers could have helped.

I considered replacing the front fascia but that is a rather large and expensive piece. I finally jerry rigged it using some toggle bolt fasteners like you would use in drywall. These seem to have done the trick and the only time you see them is when you have the car up in the air. The rest of the time they are hidden behind the front spoiler lip and disappear.

I can't imagine lowering it any more and still being able to drive it on the street every day.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] c6 Z06 drop on stock bolt's pic. And drop on cut bolt's