Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] New ZR1 Record Pass 10.74

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 04:22 PM
jamie furman
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Chevy
Which means +135 mph

Do you think it will be easy
I think when you use drag radials you will be able
I can't wait to see 10.4
I don't think it would be easy, but I guess almost anything can be possible within reason if everything is perfect. I don't think 10.40's is possible anymore. I went to a rental yesterday with a borrowed set of CCW Wheels with MT ET STREETS, the exact combination that the Lingenfelter car used and the traction was excellent but the problem I had was the those particular tires were too much tire for a stock car as they were too tall, about 2 inchs taller than my stock tires and about 3 inchs taller than my DR's I use on my Z06 and they killed my mph and the only way I could keep the car from bogging was leave at about 4800 rpms and that caused my clutch to get hot and it stuck to the floor on some of the few runs I made and I couldn't make the shift and it killed the run. They were too big and tall for stock hp levels without gears, and the best of my 3 clean runs were 10.69 with a 1.67 short time. I just bought a set of CCW wheels of my own and I am going to buy the much smaller BF Goodrich or Hoosier tire and give it a try again in the spring but I still feel whether its me or Kyle or someone else, 10.50's are going to be the absolute best IMO.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Kyle Lemish
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Default RE: Jamie

I think with the shorter DR's we will atleast see some low 10.5x because on all my 10.7x passes (except for the record run) I was having pretty severe wheel spin on the 1-2 shift. I dont think the DR's will net much better than your 1.67 60.....but the shorter ones will really let us get the power down on that 1-2........When I stoped trying to hit that shift hard is when I started getting more runs in the 10.7x range.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:48 PM
Dr.Ron
Le Mans Master

Location: 2007 Nat'l Corvette Challenge 11.50 index Champ. New Jersey
Received 210 Likes on 161 Posts

.2 in wheelspin is quite a lot!! i don't know if it's THAT much.

Ron
Old 12-19-2009, 08:15 PM
jamie furman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dr.Ron
.2 in wheelspin is quite a lot!! i don't know if it's THAT much.

Ron
Ron I agree with you! I think the chirping you hear when changing gears is hardly worth anything, definately not even 5 hundreths IMO. Personally I think most of, if not all the improvement to run .50's is going to have to be made up in the first 60'. I think a good example is to look at Rangers record Z06 10.74 DR run that beat mine, 100% of it made up in the first 60', .59 to .70 and it was a .74 to a .83 at less mph. Et is all in the first 60' for the most part, I think its going to take a 1.60 or better 60' to have a chance to run 10.50's, but it will have to perfect leave and clean run. DR's on my ZR1 were much harder for me to get a feel for than the steet tires and I don't feel I ever really did (I need some practice). Ranger took Racerns ZR1 to 2 rentals with DR's and I think he said with gearing in the ZR1 it made it extremely tricky to launch and I think that was an understatement! It looks like there are quite a few good ZR1 pilots from what I have seen and when the spring gets here I guess all the speculation will end.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:56 PM
Kyle Lemish
Drifting

Originally Posted by jamie furman
Ron I agree with you! I think the chirping you hear when changing gears is hardly worth anything, definately not even 5 hundreths IMO. Personally I think most of, if not all the improvement to run .50's is going to have to be made up in the first 60'. I think a good example is to look at Rangers record Z06 10.74 DR run that beat mine, 100% of it made up in the first 60', .59 to .70 and it was a .74 to a .83 at less mph. Et is all in the first 60' for the most part, I think its going to take a 1.60 or better 60' to have a chance to run 10.50's, but it will have to perfect leave and clean run. DR's on my ZR1 were much harder for me to get a feel for than the steet tires and I don't feel I ever really did (I need some practice). Ranger took Racerns ZR1 to 2 rentals with DR's and I think he said with gearing in the ZR1 it made it extremely tricky to launch and I think that was an understatement! It looks like there are quite a few good ZR1 pilots from what I have seen and when the spring gets here I guess all the speculation will end.
I agree with you on the savings from DR's......but dont forget we dont think that my 10.74 is the end of it on street tires as well.....I think mid 10.6x's is out there on the stock tires.....Im hoping we get a good weather spell in Jan or Feb. This is one car that is going to be alot of fun to try to see how fast it is....I was getting faster all day till the track went away on us that day. Also I dont think the ZR1 needs the crazy DA like the Z06 does I think 55 to 60 deg day with sun will make the track better which is what we need not air! Like we said I think the Z06 passes have found the records!
Old 12-19-2009, 11:20 PM
Dr.Ron
Le Mans Master

They say forced induction is not affected by the weather/DA AS MUCH as naturally aspirated.

Ron
Old 12-19-2009, 11:23 PM
jamie furman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by blownlt1&c6z
I agree with you on the savings from DR's......but dont forget we dont think that my 10.74 is the end of it on street tires as well.....I think mid 10.6x's is out there on the stock tires.....Im hoping we get a good weather spell in Jan or Feb. This is one car that is going to be alot of fun to try to see how fast it is....I was getting faster all day till the track went away on us that day. Also I dont think the ZR1 needs the crazy DA like the Z06 does I think 55 to 60 deg day with sun will make the track better which is what we need not air! Like we said I think the Z06 passes have found the records!
I think theres some et on the table, there always is! But I can tell you your street tire run was strong and will be hard to beat by anyone. I don't think Z06's or ZR1's need crazy DA just good air, good driver and good 60's. These cars are amazing and on any given day they can put a big number, so when the weather breaks we'll have to get after it!
Old 12-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Dr.Ron
Le Mans Master

Great meeting you Jamie! I feel wheelspin on gear changing does effect ET, but I don't think it's worth 2 tenths. Obviously time a tire spends spinning is less time it spends hooking & propelling the car forward....

You guys are great drivers & I will be watching your progress!!

Ron
Old 12-19-2009, 11:35 PM
jamie furman
Burning Brakes

Great meeting you Jamie! I feel wheelspin on gear changing does effect ET, but I don't think it's worth 2 tenths. Obviously time a tire spends spinning is less time it spends hooking & propelling the car forward....

You guys are great drivers & I will be watching your progress!!

Ron
Thanks Ron! Great meeting you also and I thoroughly enjoyed racing with you and the Jersey boys, and look forward to getting together for a few more with you guys next year. I was glad you set your personal best and will be pulling for you to lower your times even more as I am sure the way you 60' and drive its just a matter of time until you move to second or better on the fast list.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:44 PM
thedriver
4th Gear

Jamie is right et is in the 60 ft. With the mph the zr1 get's your going to see the zr1 run low 10's. Once you get the hang of launching on dr's
low 1.5 60ft will come. there's a fine line launching a blower car no spin or no bog the car will do it. Nobody thought 1.5's could happen with the z06 but in time they see it can.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:58 PM
jamie furman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by thedriver
Jamie is right et is in the 60 ft. With the mph the zr1 get's your going to see the zr1 run low 10's. Once you get the hang of launching on dr's
low 1.5 60ft will come. there's a fine line launching a blower car no spin or no bog the car will do it. Nobody thought 1.5's could happen with the z06 but in time they see it can.
Your not going to see low 10's with a stock ZR1, with the hp to wght of the ZR1 I think 10.5's is the best without mods. It will be much harder for the ZR1 to utilize all its power IMO than it is for a Z06 because of the weight penalty and gearing in the ZR1.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Viper TT
Burning Brakes

Your not going to see low 10's with a stock ZR1, with the hp to wght of the ZR1 I think 10.5's is the best without mods. It will be much harder for the ZR1 to utilize all its power IMO than it is for a Z06 because of the weight penalty and gearing in the ZR1.
I think the only way a stock ZR1 will run low 10's is with some type of clutch or clutch master cylinder upgrade, which in some folks eyes is no longer considered stock. If we can get a strong launch and get the clutch to behave, a low 10 is possible.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:21 PM
jamie furman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Viper TT
I think the only way a stock ZR1 will run low 10's is with some type of clutch or clutch master cylinder upgrade, which in some folks eyes is no longer considered stock. If we can get a strong launch and get the clutch to behave, a low 10 is possible.
Sal definately not totally stock, and I agree it would need a clutch but I think it would need more than that also, like gears to go with that clutch if you are looking to go below 10.4. Driver my best MPH has been 133.7 mph on street tires.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Scuba_Steve
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They say forced induction is not affected by the weather/DA AS MUCH as naturally aspirated.

Ron
It still hurts.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:07 PM
Kyle Lemish
Drifting

Originally Posted by thedriver
once you find the sweet spot i think you can. jamie what is your best mph with zr1?
I had one of my 10.7x runs at 133.9
Old 12-20-2009, 08:14 PM
Kyle Lemish
Drifting

Originally Posted by Scuba_Steve
It still hurts.

Im going to have to say that pass was much more driver than it was DA! I may not be able to run my 10.74 that day but Im sure as hell not going to run a 13.xx!
Old 12-20-2009, 11:25 PM
jmoody66
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow I admit the ZR1s are sweet...but for a 4 tenths win over a Z06 the math screams nasty investment numbers at me for the win.

Get notified of new replies

To New ZR1 Record Pass 10.74

Old 12-21-2009, 01:12 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by jmoody66
Wow I admit the ZR1s are sweet...but for a 4 tenths win over a Z06 the math screams nasty investment numbers at me for the win.
Do you know how much 4 tenths is?? It's a spanking. Plus for that extra you are paying you get much, much more than a 4 tenths drubbing of a Z06. IE: road course spanking of a Z06 by many seconds, exclusivity, etc etc
Old 12-21-2009, 01:14 AM
Silver05GTO
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer44
Do you know how much 4 tenths is?? It's a spanking. Plus for that extra you are paying you get much, much more than a 4 tenths drubbing of a Z06. IE: road course spanking of a Z06 by many seconds, exclusivity, etc etc

For the ultimate vette, you have to pay to play. Sounds alot like the base guys claiming the 20K price over a base C6 makes the Z06 not worth the extra money.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:08 AM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey Jamie, it was nice meeting you & watching those assume passes.

With the correct tire I can see you running a 10.4x

Quick Reply: [ZR1] New ZR1 Record Pass 10.74