Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Newb Z06 owner question concerning tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 11:23 PM
GTJim
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Newb Z06 owner question concerning tires

Just picked up a 09 Z06 and I have a question regarding tire sizes. What size front tire would I need to run with a 345/30/19 rear tire???

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 09:24 AM
klasik-69
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GTJim
Just picked up a 09 Z06 and I have a question regarding tire sizes. What size front tire would I need to run with a 345/30/19 rear tire???

Thanks in advance!!!
Boy, this topic has been beat to death. You can do a search on Z06 tires and get several hundred previous threads.

Short answer to a long question: To keep AH happy, you need to stick close to stock size in the front. Wider tire in back, 345 vs 325 stock, doesn't change anything on wheel rotation and has no effect on AH. Wider tire in the front but with the same aspect ratio also won't change anything, other than tire clearance issues. However, if you change the aspect ratio (35 vs 30 vs 25), then height of tire, and outside diameter of the tire mounted wheel will be different. Not sure how much variance the AH will allow before it assumes you have a problem. If you change wheels & tires, but the outside diameter remains nearly the same, i.e. rear wheel 345-35-18 vs 325-30-19, AH won't notice a change. When shopping tires, compare the outside diameter of the assembly if you're trying to match things up. You can always turn off AH and TC but then electronic wizzardry won't save your A$$ when you get too frisky with the throttle. Good luck.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Newb Z06 owner question concerning tires