Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] ZR1 splitter and side skirt package "best package?"

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 08:25 AM
rpm94
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Z-Rated
Splitter , rockers are knock-offs of GM parts ( same surface ) Race mesh could reduce cooling , effect car in a track mode. Nice looking car, may not be ideal for track use though.
Are you serious?

The Katech Aero piece are wind tunnel tested and have been developed for the track (increasing down force).

http://www.katechengines.com/street_...a%20report.pdf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-2qBGwLlHg

Oh and RaceMesh does not restrict air flow and reduce cooling but rather protects your car from track debris (thus the name RaceMesh).
Not slamming you, but I think your comments are incorrect.

Last edited by rpm94; 11-07-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

The Katech car spent hours in the wind tunnle and many parts and configurations were tested, moved around, adjusted, etc. Here are the results:

The spoiler improves rear down force. Take the air dam off and front end lift is reduced. The splitter improves front downforce. The undertray further improves front down force. Add the brake ducts and down front down force gets even better and brakes work better! With the ACP hood there is even more front down force and cooling is much improved. The side shirts improve rear down force and balance the car. I was surprised to see how the side skirts work. They capture air and push it up over the front of the rear finder and it lands just inside the taller parts of the spoiler about 1/3 of the way in. I sure don't know why but it does.

My car is lowered with LG coil overs and occasionally there is a slight scrape on the front splitter but I can't see a mark on the undertray. It is just the top of the mounting screws that hit. Now, it you run off of a track, Like Derek, you are most likely going to bust something.

I hope this helps.

Jim
Old 04-22-2012, 02:28 AM
KLRBEE2
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A two year old thread...really?
Old 04-22-2012, 06:41 AM
GrillnZ
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KLRBEE2
A two year old thread...really?

Why is the thread date a problem with you? Thanks to the poster who revived this thread. The Katech wind tunnel results were very informative!
Old 04-22-2012, 09:36 AM
ISLANDBOY2
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Zo6_jsb_wa_rpi_side_skirts

Installed side skirts from RPI. Tried to use 3M tape to secure but skirt too stiff to follow contour of the rocker panel. Ended up drilling using supplied screws. The LG instructions uses rivets for installation. I have the carbon fiber style. I have Katech front splitter and rear spoiler. Went with RPI for the side skirts because of price. The Katech splitter front edge is built up in order to use a flat panel to improve aero. The Katech spoiler is taller than the RPI or the GM brand. I am going for more of the look than the aero quality.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:32 PM
ferravette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

i have the apsis side skirts (not carbon fiber). They do not hold up very well at all. They crack easily and both of them broke at the back.

Looking to replace them with something better also.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:15 PM
KLRBEE2
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Rules

Originally Posted by GrillnZ
Why is the thread date a problem with you? Thanks to the poster who revived this thread. The Katech wind tunnel results were very informative!
I guess it was my fault for not looking at the date; however, it gets frustrating when you go through three of pages just to realize how old it is and products/info have changed since. Also, there are some rules here that one must be aware of: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...s-or-more.html In response to your question though, not to be a total prude, you should look into Americanhydrocarbon. They are a vendor here...true cf pieces, guaranteed product, and skirts/splitter for $1,1000 shipped.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:27 AM
Z5108
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Bump

Quick Reply: [Z06] ZR1 splitter and side skirt package "best package?"