Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Snapped axle on Runflats?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 02:19 PM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Thanks Ranger....I really appreciate the info and wanted to say: your my hero on this sorta thing (my Z06)....Thanks
Old 10-30-2010, 02:45 PM
hedgehead
Race Director

Location: I'm not doing as well as I expected, but I never expected I would
Received 109 Likes on 96 Posts

Any update?
Old 10-31-2010, 09:35 AM
D-Rod
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hedgehead
Any update?

My car will be back on the road Tuesday. I am told that I got the upgraded part # but I am going to check it to make sure. Everything was covered under warranty.

The only issue was the dealership could not order the wheel/caliper without having an outside GM rep inpect it since those were not normal things covered under my warranty. So, it took a week and a half until my parts were even ordered. No big deal though.

One other thing. I was assured that my car would be kept inside by the owner of the dealership and the service manager. Well some of my friends drove by at night and the car was left outside. So those were the first nights she ever wasnt in a garage. Again, not a big deal but why tell me the car will be kept inside?

Cant wait to get her back and test out that new axle
Old 11-11-2010, 01:36 PM
D-Rod
Burning Brakes

Ok the car is back but I havnt gotten to drive it since Ive been out of town. I have been searching to make sure I dont have another faulty part# but a search for 15133017 returns no results. However, I went through the treads and no one that has broken had that part #.

Does 15133017 sound right? The service sheet is hard to figure out.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:45 PM
juicedz06
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by D-Rod
My car will be back on the road Tuesday. I am told that I got the upgraded part # but I am going to check it to make sure. Everything was covered under warranty.

The only issue was the dealership could not order the wheel/caliper without having an outside GM rep inpect it since those were not normal things covered under my warranty. So, it took a week and a half until my parts were even ordered. No big deal though.

One other thing. I was assured that my car would be kept inside by the owner of the dealership and the service manager. Well some of my friends drove by at night and the car was left outside. So those were the first nights she ever wasnt in a garage. Again, not a big deal but why tell me the car will be kept inside?

Cant wait to get her back and test out that new axle
I saw your car outside in their parking lot, it was night time and they were closed! Fikes service dept is a bunch of dip$hitZ
Old 11-11-2010, 05:45 PM
D-Rod
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by juicedz06
I saw your car outside in their parking lot, it was night time and they were closed! Fikes service dept is a bunch of dip$hitZ
Yea the only reason I took it there was because I know Elliot pretty well and thought he would take care of me. When I dropped it off they told me they would keep it inside everynight. Well it sat outside for a month while it was there. That car has never spent one night outside in its life. Time for a professional detail I guess.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:45 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Maybe it wasn't too bad. If they kept inside, someone would have backed into it or run into it with a tool chest.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:24 PM
D-Rod
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 383vett
Maybe it wasn't too bad. If they kept inside, someone would have backed into it or run into it with a tool chest.
I hope you are not talking from experience but yes that would be worse.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:53 PM
Z06slow
Heel & Toe

Default Wow

Originally Posted by Ranger
C6Z06 has always had a differential cooler, including model year 2006.

Here is a long thread the chronicles the history of axle shaft issues in the C6Z...plenty of pictures along the way.

And here is a synopsis of the issue:

Ranger

This same thing happened to me but from 2nd to 3rd gear on my 06 z06

Quick Reply: [Z06] Snapped axle on Runflats?