Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] APR FRP/ Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser-FREE SHIPPING!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 10:25 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

Received 270 Likes on 204 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Default APR FRP/ Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser-FREE SHIPPING!

APR Carbon Fiber ZR1 Splitter, Side Skirts,
& Diffuser, Spoiler-Free Shipping

-Want to add some cool carbon parts to your car that's also functional? APR has the complete package for you. If your interested in any of the parts below please let me know and I'll work out a great deal on a package price for you .

0% Financing Available for All Parts Purchases Through TPS!
**Ask for more details.

Matches the GM ZR1 Carbon Fiber 100%! Why have mismatch pieces when you can have an EXACT match!

APR Carbon Fiber GTC-500 Adjustable Wing

APR Carbon Fiber Side Skirts

APR Carbon Fiber Splitters

VERSION 1!

NEW VERSION 2!

APR Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser

-Unlike other diffusers on the market they work with 99% of all exhaust on the market. No extra exhaust needed to purchase to use the diffuser. Also, available in non-carbon fiber.

APR Carbon Fiber Rear Deck Spoiler

APR Carbon Fiber Radiator Support

Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone #: 408/898-4632
Email #: MikeM@TPSMotorsports.com
Authorized dealer of Corbeau Seats, ECS Superchargers, Edelbrock SuperChargers, A&A Superchargers, Kooks, Whipple, Magnalow, Corsa, Borla. LG Motorsports, Procharger, Billy Boat Exhaust, AWE Exhaust, American Racing, TPS Brake Rotors/ Kits, Stainless Steel Brake Lines & much more...

Last edited by TPSMak; 09-30-2015 at 12:12 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:18 AM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Ohhh... and I forgot "1" more cool feature about this... it comes with LED reverse tail lights to help reduce weight

Old 12-15-2010, 10:08 AM
ajbarbato15
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice!!!! Love the new reverse lights! Do you have some better pics of the new lights? Up close? Night time?

Anthony
Old 12-15-2010, 02:02 PM
blkz
Pro

So these do fit the C6Z also , correct ?
Old 12-15-2010, 03:03 PM
FNQWK
Burning Brakes

$1700!!!!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:26 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by ajbarbato15
Nice!!!! Love the new reverse lights! Do you have some better pics of the new lights? Up close? Night time?

Anthony

Originally Posted by blkz
So these do fit the C6Z also , correct ?
Yes they do.. they also fit ZR1 also

Originally Posted by FNQWK
$1700!!!!
You pay for quality... this unit blows away the other diffuser that is on the market... no comparison what so ever.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:08 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Thanks for the orders... this is going to look SWEEET on someone's ZR1!
Old 12-16-2010, 01:35 PM
CWW17
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

It looks like a quality piece but you are pricing it out of what most people consider reasonable for a rear diffuser. If I had $1700 to blow on my Z06, there are several other major mods I would be inclined to do before what is largely a subtle appearance mod. Maybe a GP or sale might get some interest... just my .02. Does look great though!
Old 12-16-2010, 03:10 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by CWW17
It looks like a quality piece but you are pricing it out of what most people consider reasonable for a rear diffuser. If I had $1700 to blow on my Z06, there are several other major mods I would be inclined to do before what is largely a subtle appearance mod. Maybe a GP or sale might get some interest... just my .02. Does look great though!
Diffusers are definitely not mandatory but they look awesome and are functional if you do high speed driving. Also, not all diffusers are designed or made the same. We've had customers who had "other" diffusers which where poorly designed and reduced alot of ground clearance resulting in the diffuser being damaged OR the customer had to raise his car. APR does make a cheaper one for $1400.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:19 AM
Superbee
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there testing showing the downforce inprovements?
Old 12-17-2010, 11:37 AM
00transamnh
Instructor

Lets see some CFD analysis vs stock.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:15 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Superbee
Is there testing showing the downforce inprovements?
Originally Posted by 00transamnh
Lets see some CFD analysis vs stock.
All the testing was done by Team Free Testing and here is what they stated about the product.

"I can't thank you enough for all the great APR Performance products that you supplied me with during the 2010 race season. On November 6&7 we went to the final SoCal NASA event held at Buttonwillow Raceway. On Sunday we qualified fourth overall and finished second overall and first in class. During the race we did in fact break my previous track record by almost one second. Again I say that the addition of the diffuser was the reason we were able to accomplish this even on old tires. I feel that the addition of the diffuser was the big reason for the better lap times. It added a little more down force to keep the car stuck to the track and at the same time kept the air straight out the back reducing the drag from air getting trapped behind and around the trans and rear end. Our front straight speed was dramatically increased. Thanks to all at APR who work so hard to put together products that for sure meet and/or exceed the works of competitors. I look forward to the 2011 season with APR Performance as part of our team and high hopes again for a National Championship.

Terry Free
Team Free Racing
The #548 Vet and Crew"
Old 12-18-2010, 02:39 AM
4wheels
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's certainly a beautiful part, and that blurb from Free Racing is nice, but I'd like to hear from someone technical at APR regarding the "how & why" they picked those particular angles & radii on the lower & rear venturis, as from the pictures they don't appear to be optimal for downforce or drag based on the bits I've studied on aerodynamics. I'm not trying to slam the part, it's real pretty and I thought about buying one, but after looking at all the pics all I have are more questions.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:25 AM
FNQWK
Burning Brakes

does it come painted/carbon?
Old 12-18-2010, 04:11 AM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by 4wheels
It's certainly a beautiful part, and that blurb from Free Racing is nice, but I'd like to hear from someone technical at APR regarding the "how & why" they picked those particular angles & radii on the lower & rear venturis, as from the pictures they don't appear to be optimal for downforce or drag based on the bits I've studied on aerodynamics. I'm not trying to slam the part, it's real pretty and I thought about buying one, but after looking at all the pics all I have are more questions.
I'm not an aerodynamics expert but from comparing the APR unit vs. the competition it offers some very serious advantages including the ability to use just about ANY exhaust on the market with it. The other diffuser requires you to spend ANOTHER $900 or so to use their "Cheaper" diffuser.

PLUS, the other diffuser has ALOT of ground clearance issues. We've had 1 customer who on a STOCK suspension car had it ripped off because it reduced the ground clearance so much. He ended up spending quite a bit of money to modify the diffuser so it sat higher.

Also, the bottom of the APR unit is almost flush with the bottom of the car which allows the air to flow and exit the bottom of the car very well.

Originally Posted by FNQWK
does it come painted/carbon?
Yes it is clear coated
Old 12-18-2010, 06:27 AM
12oh
Burning Brakes

This is actually a very nice looking piece. I believe it comes painted and with free shipping. Price is a little steep at 1400. If it were under 1k, I would consider. For now I will stick with my Qauntum difuser
Old 12-18-2010, 12:22 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by 12oh
This is actually a very nice looking piece. I believe it comes painted and with free shipping. Price is a little steep at 1400. If it were under 1k, I would consider. For now I will stick with my Qauntum difuser
Yes it's expensive but it's a very high quality unit and IMO probably the best on the market. This unit is light weight (only 6.5lbs), does not reduce ground clearance drastically, and works

AND it does not require a new special exhaust

Get notified of new replies

To APR FRP/ Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser-FREE SHIPPING!

Old 12-18-2010, 01:38 PM
Drewstein
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

After Christmas I'll be looking at picking one up. Hard to by myself presents at this time though.

Nice piece!
Old 12-18-2010, 01:40 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Drewstein
After Christmas I'll be looking at picking one up. Hard to by myself presents at this time though.

Nice piece!
Have a Merry Christmas and look forward to seeing this piece on your bad boy!
Old 12-21-2010, 09:27 PM
fperra
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's a beautiful piece. I have one sitting in my garage waiting to be installed.

Quick Reply: [Z06] APR FRP/ Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser-FREE SHIPPING!