Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Race Ramp 67" extenders are required...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 07:27 PM
phxcobra
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

bought my RLL-87-2 from Fred. Great guy to deal with and the ramps are stellar.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:22 PM
SoCA04V
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Confirmed....these definitely don't work for my application. I got the car up by making extenders, but the rear is so low there's no chance of getting a jack under it. I think I'm going to go the Kwiklift route.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:01 PM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts

A set of the RLL-87-2 ramps and a pair of 4" high Roll-ups would probably work for you. If you position the 67" ramps 20" in front of your tires and then set a 54" long stick between the tire footprint and the ramp you would get a good idea of whether or not the RLL-87-2 ramp will work with your car.

Originally Posted by SoCA04V
Confirmed....these definitely don't work for my application. I got the car up by making extenders, but the rear is so low there's no chance of getting a jack under it. I think I'm going to go the Kwiklift route.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:08 AM
Lucifer13
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SoCA04V
I have the same problem when my car is on the ramps. I'd like to jack it up from the back but it's too low. I think the only solution is some roll-ups.

Uncle Meat - how do you jack the rear once it's on the ramps?
Old 12-18-2011, 08:36 AM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Another possibility would be to use a set of Trak-Jax low profile ramps instead of the Roll-ups. The ones without stops would be better that way you would not have to worry about hitting the stops with the rear tires before the front tires were completely on the platform of the service ramps.

Originally Posted by Lucifer13
I have the same problem when my car is on the ramps. I'd like to jack it up from the back but it's too low. I think the only solution is some roll-ups.

Uncle Meat - how do you jack the rear once it's on the ramps?
Old 12-18-2011, 08:40 AM
swosanity
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like he has a slight incline in the driveway and he placed boards under rear tire as he drove up the ramps which allowed him enough clearance for the jack in the rear. That would be my guess since if you look at OP picture you can see the boards are still in place on rear tires.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:27 AM
crownu2
Racer

I think this is the only solution guys, what do you guys think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwRBz...layer_embedded
Old 01-14-2012, 08:53 PM
SoCA04V
Instructor

Well, I came across a real low profile jack today at Harbor Freight that met my needs. I built a small initial access ramp which lifted the front enough to lift the car with the new jack as well as get under the rear of the car.

I do want to thank Fred for his valuable insights and help. I would highly reccommend Fred and any of his products.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:34 AM
Uncle Meat
Le Mans Master

Received 97 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by swosanity
Looks like he has a slight incline in the driveway and he placed boards under rear tire as he drove up the ramps which allowed him enough clearance for the jack in the rear. That would be my guess since if you look at OP picture you can see the boards are still in place on rear tires.
Almost correct.

I set up the ramps as shown in the first picture. My driveway does have a slight grade to it, it drops about 1.25 inches every 3ft.

I drive up the ramps until the front wheels hit the stops, no boards used in the process though. Then I grab my low profile floor jack and raise the rear end. Then I slide those boards and the 10" Race Ramp Wheel Cribs under the rear tires so the car sits perfectly level.

When I bought my Race Ramps I bought a pair of wheel cribs too. However I did not account for the driveway slope (DOH!) and without those 1 inch boards under there the car would not be level on just the cribs alone.

U.M.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:09 AM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Default 10" or 8" wheel cribs?

Are you certain that you have the 10" wheel cribs? Comparing the height to the length of the wheel cribs, or comparing the height to the diameter of your wheels it looks like they are the 8" high model.

A possible alternative to using the boards to compensate for the driveway slope could be to reverse the direction of the car in the drive.

Originally Posted by Uncle Meat
Then I slide those boards and the 10" Race Ramp Wheel Cribs under the rear tires so the car sits perfectly level.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:13 AM
Uncle Meat
Le Mans Master

I went and looked and they are in fact the 8 inch cribs. My bad.

The reason I don't reverse the direction is because that increases the angle enough that my air deflector makes solid contact with the extenders and sometimes pushes the ramps across the concrete instead of rolling up them.

U.M.

Last edited by Uncle Meat; 01-15-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:33 AM
vvlf
Pro

How are you jacking up the rear end ? I've found once I have it up on the race ramps, I can't even get my long incredibly low profile jack under the exhaust, let alone with a cross bar to lift the back end up properly
Old 01-16-2012, 03:23 PM
Uncle Meat
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by vvlf
How are you jacking up the rear end ? I've found once I have it up on the race ramps, I can't even get my long incredibly low profile jack under the exhaust, let alone with a cross bar to lift the back end up properly
My Sears low profile floor jack clears the exhaust with room to spare.

U.M.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:56 PM
Ajaste
-----
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Fred@ReverseLogic
Our RLL-87-2 and RLL-89-2 ramps are definitely more convenient than the optional XTenders for the 67" ramps. They are easier to use and to store. And since the incline sections have a low approach angle, you can get the optional trailer ramp adapters and convert the incline sections into trailer ramps. Doing this represents a big savings compared to purchasing dedicated service and trailer ramps.
_ _
I just ordered ramps, chocks and cribs from Fred today. His bundled price was absolutely the best I could find anywhere!

Thx Fred

Bo

Last edited by Ajaste; 01-26-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:56 PM
clogan
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use the regular old Rhino ramps...$29.95 at most stores. I do need a piece of 2"x12" (about 2 feet long) on each side to get me up on the Rhino ramps. Cheap, easy, works fine. I also have a Kwiklift for those times when I need more under-car access. But for cheap, easy economical under-car access, Rhino ramps are the best!

CL

Quick Reply: [Z06] Race Ramp 67" extenders are required...