Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Question on CR-Spotless system

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 06:18 PM
ub2slow2

Default Question on CR-Spotless system

Gorgeous day here in Nebraska, so I pulled out my brand new CR Spotless system and washed my Escalade, then my Lexus IS-F but both water spotted and I'm pissed but glad I did it on those two first before I used it on the Vette. If anyone has this system can you enlighten me on what could be wrong.

I set it up right as far as I know. Water going in the inlet and out the outlet. Took it apart after first car and both resin tanks had water in them and were draining out when I picked them out. The digital reader reads 000 and it's supposed to be above 20 and the fact it's brand new should read much higher. Anyone have a clue? I bought the system online through Costco. Is it possible it sat around in their warehouse for a long time and the resin in the tanks went bad? Or could I have a bad readout thingee?

Thanks
UB
Old 03-20-2011, 06:33 PM
Translator
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Return it to Cost, and get another one to be safe. They are supposed to remove all impurities from the hard water and turn it into soft water. The only other potential issue may be that water was flowing to fast, as it states that it needs a certain flow gallons/per minute to work properly.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:38 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,766 Likes on 969 Posts

Been using and selling them for about 5 or 6 years now, if you are not getting spot free water then there is a problem, call them, they maybe able to help you without taking the unit back. 1-866-350-9993
Old 03-21-2011, 01:01 PM
ries
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how does this system work?
i have a black zr1 and am interested

Get notified of new replies

To Question on CR-Spotless system

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Question on CR-Spotless system