Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Nitto NT05R, no traction after 200 miles, bad batch of tires or what?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 12:39 PM
Johnjan
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who said anything about warrantying the tires? I would be asking Nitto about tire pressures and optimum temperatures. Then I'd invest in a tire pyrometer, I use one from Longacre, to figure out exactly what my tires are doing. After collecting some data you'll know exactly how to treat them to get consistent results.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:03 PM
Jeffthunbird
Melting Slicks

Received 892 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnjan
If you're looking for constructive technical advice instead of hyperbole and opinion, talk to the manufacturer, not an anonymous message board. Nitto no doubt wants you to be happy with their product so that you'll buy more. I'll bet there's someone at Nitto trained to answer all of your questions.
you're going to get some opinions from people who have no idea- like if I made a post here. You have to wade through the crap. Thats all part of the fun. BTW, looks like they are defective.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:23 AM
meshoooo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine is good Im having them since Feb last year and used around 1000 miles no issue at all still lovely tires.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:05 AM
FastestBusaAround
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Turkey
Why do we drive around with 700+ hp? It's useless in most if not all conditions as well. Plus this is a DOT tire and if I said, "HEY GUYS I DRIVE SLICKS AROUND EVERYDAY WHY DO THEY SUCK" then maybe I would understand your comment. But I didn't. I asked why a DOT approved street tire that is made for competition is breaking apart on me. So if you have nothing constructive to add then please keep your comments to yourself.
Maybe if you kept your antics to the track, you'd have some tire left. You do burnouts in the street, you burnout your tires. How do you like that comment? Your screen name says it all.

Last edited by FastestBusaAround; 04-01-2011 at 06:09 AM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Nitto NT05R, no traction after 200 miles, bad batch of tires or what?