Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] ZR1 cam/heads/pulleys--NEW Power numbers--LG Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 05:55 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default ZR1 cam/heads/pulleys--NEW Power numbers--LG Motorsports

Hi guys,

We are still not finished yet. This is the car that we will be taking to the Spectre 341 Hill climb again for this year's run up the mountain. We won it last year but we know that the other competitors will be back loaded for bear.

SO we thought we would go there loaded for Elephant! 741.55 rwhp 777.87 rwtq

We still have some work to do but we thought we would share our results so far.

Mods are:

LG Super Pro 1 7/8" headers With Merge collectors.
LG - G6XT cam designed for Forced Induction

CnC'd LS9 Heads to our exclusive LG specs
Upper and Lower pulleys
Stock mufflers with "Man ****"
Overdrive crank pulley
Smaller upper pulley
Enlarged Blower snout
Cold air induction
LG LS9 Custom Flywheel
Tilton 7.25” carbon clutch
Larger heat exchanger

We will get back to you when we are finished.

We have another ZR1 that we have to finish an E85 Tune on first then we will post the final numbers on both cars.

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 03-30-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:28 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Received 2,054 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Good luck again! Will you be bringing the beast to run on the infield at the LoneStar Classic meet this year?
Old 03-29-2011, 07:45 PM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by PRE-Z06
Good luck again! Will you be bringing the beast to run on the infield at the LoneStar Classic meet this year?
That would attract some major attention from all the Corvette fans in attendance! Probably a great PR/advertising opportunity.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:19 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,444 Likes on 2,270 Posts

Outstanding power. How's that clutch behave?
Old 03-29-2011, 09:40 PM
TonyC817
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

obviously this is NOT on 93 octane, right?? Regardless....awesome power
Old 03-29-2011, 11:13 PM
355Spider
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

So how have you guys managed to get 100hp more than everyone else?
Old 03-29-2011, 11:50 PM
ss2z06
Melting Slicks

Received 439 Likes on 330 Posts

Any specs or sound clips of the cam? Specs? What size pulleys? How much boost? Is this the lingenfelter housing or is it your own? What about the heat exchanger?
Old 03-30-2011, 01:34 AM
zeshawn
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 355Spider
not true, that seems to be the norm for the stock blower.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:23 AM
LG Motorsports

Hi guys,

I will try to answer some of the questions.

The clutch is our version of the Tilton 3 Disc Carbon clutch with our own custom flywheel to adapt the 3 disc to the car. I have been using it since the run last june up the hill at the Spectre 341 hill climb. drives great.
The torque is over 750 from about 3000 RPM and it is truly a blast to drive.

Fuel is 100 octane unleaded, not full race gas.

I have not seen what others are getting for RWHP on their packages so I don't know if we are 100 hp more. I am sure that someone can find a dyne sheet somewhere. Being close to 750 rwhp is a real mile stone.

Heat exchanger is just an enlarged unit but we have a new set up going in for the next upgrade.

We have been doing this sort of thing for 40 years. Our numbers always come up a couple when we go to other dyno to validate ours.

I do plan on having it at the LoneStar Classic for sure.

This is our own cam and the specs will not be released. All of our cams have a good reputation for doing what they are supposed to do.

Sound clip and video coming soon.

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti

PS, we just finished an LS3 that will be on the dyne this week. It should have some really good numbers too.

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 03-30-2011 at 02:29 AM.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:21 AM
355Spider
Melting Slicks

How much difference does 100 octane make?
Old 03-30-2011, 07:38 AM
Kyle Lemish
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 355Spider
Not exactly! The blue LPE car made almost the same hp numbers with no internal mods.......
Old 03-30-2011, 07:43 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,803 Likes on 1,143 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
SO we thought we would go there loaded for Elephant! 741.55 rwhp 777.87 rwtq
Sounds more like loaded for Tyrannosaur... Anthony told me about this over the phone last week and we both had a little chuckle about it. Nice work.

I'm glad you were able to get the wheels you needed for the upcoming tuner shoot-out and race; the ones I sent you have been returned to me safe and sound. Good luck!

jas
Old 03-30-2011, 09:38 AM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by jvp
Sounds more like loaded for Tyrannosaur... Anthony told me about this over the phone last week and we both had a little chuckle about it. Nice work.

I'm glad you were able to get the wheels you needed for the upcoming tuner shoot-out and race; the ones I sent you have been returned to me safe and sound. Good luck!

jas
Jas, Thanks for the use of the wheels. Glad we got Forgeline to make us some "WIDE" wheels for the shootout. That was very generous of you.

As for the LPE car, I am quite sure that they had to build a double intercooler on top of the engine. Actually, their cam and head package advertises 750 Flywheel hp that put down 658 rwhp

Those are great numbers. I think 355spider was correct. I would like to see a dyno graph of some other results for ZR1's if they are out there in the 750 rwhp range for a ZR1.

But good for them. That is what makes the Corvette tuner market what it is. We are using the LPE snout on this package. We appreciate the effort that goes into having any part cast and built special.

I go through manufacturing sourcing all the time and it is not easy, so the LPE Snout is a great part and a necessary part to the equation when you are looking for power on the ZR1.

From the sound of some of the comments though, you would think it was easy to hit 750 rwhp on a ZR1. So easy that no one has done it yet.

But I digress. We have what we have and from driving it I can tell you that we have a very special package.

I will keep you posted on my "Smiles Per Mile" and I won't worry about keeping up with "tom, dick and Harry" except on the track.

I always jump the gun and post up before we are finished. This car will be over 750 rwhp in a day or so. We have a very conservative tune.

Then when we go to the Shootout, we will use Race Gas and pound more timing in to it and get more aggressive and top 760.

The car is still a pleasure to drive and docile as long as you don't push the "Loud Pedal" to the floor.

Still a grocery getter.

LG

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 03-30-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:58 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,803 Likes on 1,143 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Lou -

Jas, Thanks for the use of the wheels. Glad we got Forgeline to make us some "WIDE" wheels for the shootout. That was very generous of you.
As I told Anthony: no thanks necessary. Just WIN!

jas
Old 03-30-2011, 10:28 AM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Very very impressive and exactly what I've aways expected to see out of the LS9. Fires me up now that I didn't make it over to the shop last week. I was in Grapevine for work all last week.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:34 AM
Stars_Fan
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

I'd post more but I don't want the boss to catch me surfing while at work
Old 03-30-2011, 11:00 AM
355Spider
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by blownlt1&c6z
Not exactly! The blue LPE car made almost the same hp numbers with no internal mods.......
Any links to that? Im trying to look around and talk to as many people as possible before I do anything. 1BadZr1 on the forum makes some nice parts and seems to know alot about modding the Zr1. His heat exchanger is being bought by some tuners and being rebranded as theirs. He had a 700+rwhp car before almost anyone else I think.

I just dont want to end up like that poor guy last weekend at the mile who had a fully modded ZR1 that only put like 650 to the wheels and then only ran 5mph more than my stock Zr1 and was actually slower than another stock ZR1. He was not happy.

Get notified of new replies

To ZR1 cam/heads/pulleys--NEW Power numbers--LG Motorsports

Old 03-30-2011, 11:17 AM
ss2z06
Melting Slicks

Received 439 Likes on 330 Posts

Any results with this cam without head work? I see that you are using the LPE snout. Am I safe in assuming that you are using their CAI as well?

Last edited by ss2z06; 03-30-2011 at 11:26 AM. Reason: d
Old 03-30-2011, 11:39 AM
Kyle Lemish
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

As for the LPE car, I am quite sure that they had to build a double intercooler on top of the engine. Actually, their cam and head package advertises 750 Flywheel hp that put down 658 rwhp

Those are great numbers. I think 355spider was correct. I would like to see a dyno graph of some other results for ZR1's if they are out there in the 750 rwhp range for a ZR1.

But good for them. That is what makes the Corvette tuner market what it is. We are using the LPE snout on this package. We appreciate the effort that goes into having any part cast and built special.

I go through manufacturing sourcing all the time and it is not easy, so the LPE Snout is a great part and a necessary part to the equation when you are looking for power on the ZR1.

From the sound of some of the comments though, you would think it was easy to hit 750 rwhp on a ZR1. So easy that no one has done it yet.

But I digress. We have what we have and from driving it I can tell you that we have a very special package.

I will keep you posted on my "Smiles Per Mile" and I won't worry about keeping up with "tom, dick and Harry" except on the track.

I always jump the gun and post up before we are finished. This car will be over 750 rwhp in a day or so. We have a very conservative tune.

Then when we go to the Shootout, we will use Race Gas and pound more timing in to it and get more aggressive and top 760.

The car is still a pleasure to drive and docile as long as you don't push the "Loud Pedal" to the floor.

Still a grocery getter.

LG
Wasnt trying to start a tuner vs tuner issue! sorry you are both great vendors. I just sold my LG H/C Z06 and I miss it! Was more trying to point out that the ZR1 is easily capable of the output numbers you quote with the mods. I was there the day the LPE car trapped almost 146 in the 1/4 so I dont doubt their numbers either!

Anyway Best of luck in the race and bring the trophy home for the CORVETTE!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:56 AM
LG Motorsports

No problem guys.

We don't have any Cam only numbers, we just developed this cam. Like everyone else here, I was reluctant to mod my ZR1 engine at first but hey, it is just another car and the time came to have fun with it.

Yes, we are using the snout from LPE and the filter but we are using our own Cold air intake set up. No magic here, just fresh air until we can get our own Carbon C6 and Z06 Super Ram to adapt to this set up.

All of our next gains with this set up will come from cooling the charge and the supercharger temps. When you compare these hurdles to the ones that we face in the Racing world, it won't be too hard to come up with the solution. I am scaling our full time racing back and just doing selected events and TV races, so that leaves us plenty of time to improve the breed.

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti

Quick Reply: [ZR1] ZR1 cam/heads/pulleys--NEW Power numbers--LG Motorsports