Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Spring Mountain Private Instruction: great option for ZR1 school!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 11:32 PM
vette ruminator
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Spring Mountain Private Instruction: great option!

I have enjoyed SM level 1 and 2 and I have some other track experience, so I wanted to see what other options were available. I was able to do the third day from the ZR1 school (Wed open lapping), followed by a day of private instruction (Thurs) in a Z06 (private instruction is not available in ZR1s at this time).

What a blast! My instructor for the day was Brad Zueroff (sp?) He is a great coach and mentor, and is so positive and enthusiastic that the day was even better than expected. He was with me the whole day, through at least 6 track sessions (some up to 35 min!), either in the right seat, in front of me or behind me in his car, giving useful advice and constructive criticism. I am always amazed how those guys can actually drive in front of you and comment on your line, steering inputs, etc while looking through their rearview mirror at speed.

The result is that I gained more confidence in my driving, along with accomplishing my goals of being able to actually use throttle steering under control, and gain speed through smooth driving. They are truly right when they say that your fastest laps are the ones with the least drama.

Thanks to Rick Malone, Brad, and the whole SM staff; from another happy SM graduate!

Noel

Last edited by vette ruminator; 05-04-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:45 AM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,974 Likes on 1,215 Posts

Somehow your great experience did not surprise me. SM is a fantastic experience and you'll learn a lot.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:56 AM
fts
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by range96
Somehow your great experience did not surprise me. SM is a fantastic experience and you'll learn a lot.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:16 AM
ub2slow2

Sounds awesome. I can't wait to go back there.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:24 PM
AR.parrothead
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SM school

I want to also add my Thanks to Rick and all the instructors, it was a great time and a dream come true. I never thought i would be able to drive a vette on a race track. Thanks GM. I am planing to go back for the 3 day school.
Old 04-26-2018, 11:25 AM
okaythen
Melting Slicks

Received 166 Likes on 148 Posts

Do they sit in the car with you or do you follow them.

We use our own car right? They don't provide them.

What do they charge for private instructions? For C7.

Get notified of new replies

To Spring Mountain Private Instruction: great option for ZR1 school!

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Spring Mountain Private Instruction: great option for ZR1 school!