Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Burnout question

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 04:32 PM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 634 Likes on 443 Posts

Why not just go to a TnT night at your local drags and do burnouts to your heart's desire ? Plus, you can hold her in the box for some spectacular smoke !!!! On wet pavement, use 2nd gear to get the tires accelerating at a higher MPH which will generate a ton of smoke with less time on the throttle.

Here's mine (Z06) in original format and after a friend manipulated the background

Last edited by FNBADAZ06; 05-24-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:53 PM
ub2slow2

Love those shots as well Z06!! Looks sweet from the front
Old 05-24-2011, 05:28 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,622 Likes on 1,741 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by ub2slow2
Damn that looks good blown

Originally Posted by Texas08C6
Me too! I'd love to do it myself too. But if it is a PITA to clean later my timidness will win out.
I would not want the bill to replace the tires

Love those shots as well Z06!! Looks sweet from the front
Great shots!
Old 05-25-2011, 03:41 PM
Kelly100
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with you in part Kelly, not something I normally do with my sports cars. In fact I baby them way too much. Yeah I get on them 3/4 hard up to speed then typically back off and run the speed limit. I guess I just love the looks and sounds of sports cars and the fact knowing if I do want to use it I have it.

Reason why I'm wanting to do this picture is I want a picture of my car doing it with me driving it. I want it sunny out and from the right angle. Then I'm going to have my buddy that owns a sign company blow it up for me so I can frame it and hang it on the garage wall above the Z. I'm also going to do it with my Lexus IS-F as well.

Then I'm also going to have him make me a plaque type picture naming the year of Vette, HP, 0-60 time, and top speed under that picture for if I ever do a car show or two then I can display it with the car.

Not worried about the wheel well mess. I'm going to take painters tape and paper from a body shop and tape it in the wheel wells as good as I can to catch as much of the rubber as possible.

As soon as the weather gets back I'm going to do it. Probably this weekend and I'll post up the picture.
AAH, I get it. The pictures are GREAT
Old 05-25-2011, 07:57 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Kelly100
By the way, if I owned a ZR1 (and I do) I would not do this burn out. This is one of the many reasons why I would never buy a used vette, IMHO. Aren't their enough burn out pictures? Money is not the issue, I just have more respect for the car.

Doing a burnout or two on street tires isn't going to hurt anything as long as you know how to drive. Once you get the tires spinning, it really does not require much throttle to maintain or increase their speed.

And how is doing a burnout disrespecting the car? A Corvette (and ZR1 in particular) is designed to be driven hard and raced at various events. You will be doing a burnout at the drag strip if you want your car to hook up. Other than some tire wear and maybe a little rubber in the inner fender wells, I don't see the problem.

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Burnout question