Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Cure for the Common Curb...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 06:35 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Default Cure for the Common Curb...

Introducing the "Cure for the Common Curb". Front end damage when parking is a very real problem for many cars on the road today, especially for vehicles who have installed ground effects or aerodynamic profile improvements on their vehicles. Curbs are something that are one of those road hazards that do more damage to sports cars than any other hazard on the road.

In fact, just a simple trip to the corner store can become a costly errand if you over-estimate your front end clearance when parking: damage repairs could easily run $1000 or more; however,
Curb Alert provides you a warning system that gives you three-deep warning tones as you approach too close to a curb.

The
Curb Alert is very easy to install and does not put a drain on your battery when the car is not on. Using a patented infrared technology, the front mounted sensor is calibrated to a warning distance of anywhere from 8-28" (you decide with whatever you feel comfortable with). The warning alarm is hidden in the car and will give you three gentle tones when you are within a specified distance to the curb. The system gives you a short beep every time you start your car to let you know the system is active.

The Curb Alert is one of a kind and is a gadget that will save you money in the long run, preventing front end damage to any car that is low enough to be vulnerable to a Curb. Do not take a chance, get the Curb Alert to prevent curb damage.

This is not one of those gimmicky products, we have installed it on a Corvette C6 Z06, Nissan GTR, and a Dodge Challenger. In all instances it works exactly as described (we wanted to test it ourselves before we opened the flood gates
) It is the real deal and will save you money in the long run. Heck it might it even give you enough confidence to let your significant other take the car for spin (my biggest worry letting someone else drive my car is there lack of familiarity with judging the curb distance when parking)

Installation Instructions (we are the only ones offering Custom Install packages and videos to install on the C5, C6 and Camaro) and videos are at the link below

We have the
Curb Alert in stock for 149.99 with free shipping.... at the link below...Also have a great video that shows how the system works and another video on how to calibrate it once installed.

Mini Curb Alert

Thanks,

Jim

Last edited by southerncarparts; 01-11-2015 at 07:56 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:30 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

We have been sold out for a few weeks, but have some more back in stock....

Get them before they are gone

Jim
Old 12-08-2011, 07:45 AM
Jimmy Z
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

pm me for price....I will be at Millers Ale House this Sat. 12/10
for Toys for Tots 11am - 4pm
Old 12-23-2011, 04:20 PM
92Beast
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not overly excited about cutting the weather strip or removing it to get the wire in the passenger compartment. Do you have a video or written instructions on how to get the wire through the firewall including where on the firewall it would be penetrated?

Doug
Old 12-26-2011, 07:19 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Hi Doug,

You do not have to cut or remove the weather stripping at all....Watch the video, it tucks right in between the quarter panel and the door. Not cutting at all (trust me, I would not want to do that either, nor would I).

The only thing you need to do for a clean install and no wire showing is pop off the plastic trim piece (it is about 6" long and 2" wide) right along the inside of the vertical part of the door jam. It has two pop in clips on the back of it. Snaps in and out very easily.

Trust me, you do NOT want to try and bring the wire through the firewall. If you think popping that plastic piece of the interior is tricky, getting through the firewall will be like nails on a blackboard for you .

I would not even think about it, unless I was paying a stereo shop to do the install.

Take a look at the video again, the install is VERY EASY and you do not have to cut, drill, or modify ANYTHING in your car at all...

If you have questions at all, feel free to call me on my cell anytime.

Shoot me a PM and I will send it too you if needed.

Thanks,

Jim

Originally Posted by 92Beast
I am not overly excited about cutting the weather strip or removing it to get the wire in the passenger compartment. Do you have a video or written instructions on how to get the wire through the firewall including where on the firewall it would be penetrated?

Doug
Old 12-27-2011, 03:17 AM
92Beast
Pro

Jim: Thanks for the response. I am placing my order.

Doug
Old 01-30-2012, 01:42 AM
ROCKETPOWER
7th Gear

Thanks Jim for letting me know about placement next to my front license plate. I placed an order tonight with a couple of other products. -Kevin
Old 02-01-2012, 08:57 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Jimmy Z
pm me for price....I will be at Millers Ale House this Sat. 12/10
for Toys for Tots 11am - 4pm
Sorry...missed your post until today.

Would of loved to see you car....

Price is at the link below, also have an installation video for the ZR1...

One of the biggest fears with purchasing the Curb Alert is the installation, folks are unsure how "difficult" the installation is.

To make it easy for Corvette drivers, we just created a Corvette specific Curb Alert install package for the C6 that allows you to do the whole installation within 1 hour. Checkout the video on the page below and you can see the entire installation on a 2009 C6.

Corvette Curb Alert

This is a Southern Car Parts exclusive Corvette Curb Alert package for that has everything crimped and ready to go. Run the wires and plug it in to the fuse box under the passenger floor board and you are off and running.

Just select the Corvette Specific Package when checking out and we will "pre-stage" everything for you prior to shipping so you can install it exactly like in the video.

Video is down towards the bottom of the page....

Corvette Curb Alert Install Video

Thanks,

Jim
Old 02-01-2012, 10:13 PM
NJ 427ZO6
Intermediate

Will install well on 2012 ZR1?
Old 02-02-2012, 04:03 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by NJ 427ZO6
Sure will....The install video on our site was done on a ZR1

Jim
Old 02-21-2015, 06:49 PM
kuyarog
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Curb Alert

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
Introducing the "Cure for the Common Curb". Front end damage when parking is a very real problem for many cars on the road today, especially for vehicles who have installed ground effects or aerodynamic profile improvements on their vehicles. Curbs are something that are one of those road hazards that do more damage to sports cars than any other hazard on the road.

In fact, just a simple trip to the corner store can become a costly errand if you over-estimate your front end clearance when parking: damage repairs could easily run $1000 or more; however,
Curb Alert provides you a warning system that gives you three-deep warning tones as you approach too close to a curb.

The
Curb Alert is very easy to install and does not put a drain on your battery when the car is not on. Using a patented infrared technology, the front mounted sensor is calibrated to a warning distance of anywhere from 8-28" (you decide with whatever you feel comfortable with). The warning alarm is hidden in the car and will give you three gentle tones when you are within a specified distance to the curb. The system gives you a short beep every time you start your car to let you know the system is active.

The Curb Alert is one of a kind and is a gadget that will save you money in the long run, preventing front end damage to any car that is low enough to be vulnerable to a Curb. Do not take a chance, get the Curb Alert to prevent curb damage.

This is not one of those gimmicky products, we have installed it on a Corvette C6 Z06, Nissan GTR, and a Dodge Challenger. In all instances it works exactly as described (we wanted to test it ourselves before we opened the flood gates
) It is the real deal and will save you money in the long run. Heck it might it even give you enough confidence to let your significant other take the car for spin (my biggest worry letting someone else drive my car is there lack of familiarity with judging the curb distance when parking)

Installation Instructions (we are the only ones offering Custom Install packages and videos to install on the C5, C6 and Camaro) and videos are at the link below

We have the
Curb Alert in stock for 149.99 with free shipping.... at the link below...Also have a great video that shows how the system works and another video on how to calibrate it once installed.

Mini Curb Alert

Thanks,

David
I installed a curb alert on my '12 ZR1 several months ago. Works as advertised, but I had to buy heavy duty double stick tape from Home Depot to keep the warning alarm in place. It kept dropping down with the supplied tape.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:21 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by kuyarog
I installed a curb alert on my '12 ZR1 several months ago. Works as advertised, but I had to buy heavy duty double stick tape from Home Depot to keep the warning alarm in place. It kept dropping down with the supplied tape.
We are glad it is working for you. This is a great product that we use in our Vettes too.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:03 PM
NashvilleGrandSport
Melting Slicks

Received 714 Likes on 482 Posts

Received mine today. Great seller with great service and fast shipping. Second purchase from them.

I installed it per the instructions but having a little trouble calibrating. Works but needs to be tweaked a bit. I'm sure it will be fine when I can spend a little more time with it. Straightforward installation otherwise and video on website helped.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:47 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by NashvilleGrandSport
Received mine today. Great seller with great service and fast shipping. Second purchase from them.

I installed it per the instructions but having a little trouble calibrating. Works but needs to be tweaked a bit. I'm sure it will be fine when I can spend a little more time with it. Straightforward installation otherwise and video on website helped.
Old 03-29-2016, 01:59 PM
Mikeyfitz
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Hmmm may have to get one so I can trust the old lady with the car lol
Old 05-10-2017, 02:48 PM
kuyarog
Instructor

Originally Posted by NJ 427ZO6
I have one installed on my 2012 ZR1 and it beeps three times as I approach the preset curb distance. Best investment I made for my ZR1 and recommend it for all ZR1 owners.

Last edited by kuyarog; 05-10-2017 at 02:53 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:50 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

I have one installed on my 2012 ZR1 and it beeps three times as I approach the preset curb distance. Best investment I made for my ZR1 and recommend it for all ZR1 owners.

Get notified of new replies

To Cure for the Common Curb...

Old 12-03-2017, 02:40 PM
kuyarog
Instructor

Default Curb Alert

I have been using the Curb Alert for four years and it has never failed me. When routing the wire from the engine compartment to the passenger compartment I have an exposed wire of about 2-3 inches where the door closes. No interference and absolutely no problem. I did have to use heavy duty double stick tape when mounting the warning alarm. Got it at Home Depot.

Last edited by kuyarog; 12-03-2017 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:27 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

I have been using the Curb Alert for four years and it has never failed me. When routing the wire from the engine compartment to the passenger compartment I have an exposed wire of about 2-3 inches where the door closes. No interference and absolutely no problem. I did have to use heavy duty double stick tape when mounting the warning alarm. Got it at Home Depot.
Old 08-13-2019, 09:02 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

In fact, just a simple trip to the corner store can become a costly errand if you over-estimate your front end clearance when parking: damage repairs could easily run $1000 or more; however, Curb Alert provides you a warning system that gives you three-deep warning tones as you approach too close to a curb.

The Curb Alert is very easy to install and does not put a drain on your battery when the car is not on. Using a patented infrared technology, the front mounted sensor is calibrated to a warning distance of anywhere from 8-28" (you decide with whatever you feel comfortable with). The warning alarm is hidden in the car and will give you three gentle tones when you are within a specified distance to the curb. The system gives you a short beep every time you start your car to let you know the system is active.

This is not one of those gimmicky products, we have installed it on a Corvette C6 Z06, Nissan GTR, and a Dodge Challenger. In all instances it works exactly as described (we wanted to test it ourselves before we opened the flood gates ) It is the real deal and will save you money in the long run. Heck it might it even give you enough confidence to let your significant other take the car for spin (my biggest worry letting someone else drive my car is there lack of familiarity with judging the curb distance when parking)

We have the Curb Alert in stock for 149.99 with free shipping.... at the link below...Also have a great video that shows how the system works and another video on how to calibrate it once installed.

Mini Curb Alert

Thanks,

David

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Cure for the Common Curb...