Z06 What is the Avg cost of upgrading a cam in your Z06 - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06
General info about GMs Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

What is the Avg cost of upgrading a cam in your Z06

Old 08-11-2011, 07:56 PM   #21
HoustonSVT
CF Senior Member

How much power ya making on these parts??

X2
HoustonSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:19 PM   #22
HeadTurner
CF Senior Member

There is a shop in San Antonio... LethalperformanceTx that does a great job with the ZO6! Hopefully I will be getting my cam done there in a few months and I was quoted right at $2,000 for all the goodies out the door! They have worked on my C5 before my Z and did a great job You are only 2 hours a way you should give them a call !!
HeadTurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:29 PM   #23
XxWarEaglexX
CF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout_tx View Post
do any of you guys have vids or sound bites of your car with the cam??????
Try going to youtube. They have all kinds of vids of c6 z06s with different cam setups. A lot of times you can ask the person who uploaded the vid what kind of setup they have.
XxWarEaglexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:50 PM   #24
lane_change
CF Senior Member

If you want to hear my widow in person, you are more than welcome to. I also have the same headers, fast, nw102, intake, etc...and I have the heads and am hoping to get the car tuned shortly. What part of H-town are you in?
lane_change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #25
knockout_tx
CF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lane_change View Post
If you want to hear my widow in person, you are more than welcome to. I also have the same headers, fast, nw102, intake, etc...and I have the heads and am hoping to get the car tuned shortly. What part of H-town are you in?
I am in League City, but will try to meet with you to hear your car. I work on the Northside, so it should make it easier.
knockout_tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:35 PM   #26
lane_change
CF Senior Member

I may be out near Pearland this weekend for a meet if you want to bring your car out. Also, get a hold of Bill, (TX250) on here. He lives out by you and has a Black Panther cam in his C6Z.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:02 PM   #27
saleentim
CF Senior Member

you talking about tonys meet? Seen his video of him "beating" a built ysi z? I'm gonna have a talk with him this weekend regarding that vid!
saleentim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #28
erikszr1
CF Senior Member

Default um......

lets maybe add some things....., i would hate to see something bad happen right guys.......does that cam kit for $750.00 include upgrade/modify the rockers, 2nd upgrade valves and springs?........which as we know are weak links right? i know this topic has been talked about a zillion times.....only my $.02 worth. im not knocking any body elses opinion at all. im looking to do this mod also just looking to make it as bullet proof as possible

Last edited by erikszr1; 08-12-2011 at 08:55 PM.
erikszr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:01 PM   #29
EViL427
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikszr1 View Post
lets maybe add some things....., i would hate to see something bad happen right guys.......does that cam kit for $750.00 include upgrade/modify the rockers, 2nd upgrade valves and springs?........which as we know are weak links right? i know this topic has been talked about a zillion times.....only my $.02 worth. im not knocking any body elses opinion at all. im looking to do this mod also just looking to make it as bullet proof as possible
Springs, yes. Rockers, not typically. Valves, no. Those are done by request and only when the heads are ported/polished.

As they say, you often get what you pay for.

Mine has all of the above along with a Katech oil pump for added insurance. Still won't keep it from popping if that is its destiny, though. And it wasn't cheap. I've easily put $10K in upgrades (more if you count having to do a couple of things more than once). And I'm not done. Oiling and cooling systems still need some work.

Last edited by EViL427; 08-12-2011 at 09:04 PM.
EViL427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:53 PM   #30
achilds
CF Senior Member

When I was looking into this in the LA area, most shops were doing cam, with tune for 2000 to 2200.
achilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:11 AM   #31
KLRBEE2
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikszr1 View Post
Here you go
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...shop-this.html
KLRBEE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:43 AM   #32
Mopar Jimmy
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '06

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNQWK View Post
x2. i think carlos has the best deal and is one of the highest regarded people in the corvette community. $2k for cam,springs,installed and tuned-cant beat that

Mopar Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:20 PM   #33
PRE-Z06
CF Senior Member

We are having a cam install special this month! See link below for details...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...l-special.html
PRE-Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:21 PM   #34
knockout_tx
CF Member

The guys from around the Houston area.....have you heard of England Green?????How about Corvettes of Houston.....G Force........?????????
Old 08-15-2011, 03:37 PM   #35
lane_change
CF Senior Member

Yes, heard of them all...you will get mixed opinions no matter who you talk to. Since you are shopping for Houston shops, you may want to look at LMR, Vettetech, or Auto Adrenaline. Again, I checked out all the shops, talked with a lot of the customers, etc...and I ended up in Dallas. You won't read many negative things about these shops on this site however, it was pretty much all rainbows and gumdrops when I looked around on here. But there is plenty of information out there for you to find. It comes down to what you want, what you are willing to spend, and where you are willing to go. My opinion is that the best deals are not in Houston.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:48 PM   #36
knockout_tx
CF Member

Thank you for your honesty.......I am not going to pull the trigger untill I check everything, or one out. I have a Lightning and had a 03 Cobra both highly Modded......Been there, done that, on the trail and error thing, so this time I want to get it right the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lane_change View Post
Yes, heard of them all...you will get mixed opinions no matter who you talk to. Since you are shopping for Houston shops, you may want to look at LMR, Vettetech, or Auto Adrenaline. Again, I checked out all the shops, talked with a lot of the customers, etc...and I ended up in Dallas. You won't read many negative things about these shops on this site however, it was pretty much all rainbows and gumdrops when I looked around on here. But there is plenty of information out there for you to find. It comes down to what you want, what you are willing to spend, and where you are willing to go. My opinion is that the best deals are not in Houston.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:22 PM   #37
HoustonSVT
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout_tx View Post
Thank you for your honesty.......I am not going to pull the trigger untill I check everything, or one out. I have a Lightning and had a 03 Cobra both highly Modded......Been there, done that, on the trail and error thing, so this time I want to get it right the first time.

Are you retired military? Grey 09?
HoustonSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:13 PM   #38
Cvette713
CF Senior Member

Couldn't agree more with lane_change, Im on the same boat as you. I have priced pretty much every shop here in Houston and the best deal I got was from QM in Dallas. So next week my car will be heading to Dallas...
Cvette713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:44 AM   #39
EViL427
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvette713 View Post
Couldn't agree more with lane_change, Im on the same boat as you. I have priced pretty much every shop here in Houston and the best deal I got was from QM in Dallas. So next week my car will be heading to Dallas...
See sig. I ended up in Louisiana.

Although Terry at Vetttech does good work, too. That's where my car is right now getting the clutch hydraulics fixed. Was working great until something popped and all the fluid leaked out. Hopefully something simple. Just don't be in a hurry with Terry. He takes his time to get it done right, and that often takes more time than you might expect. He has two full time techs now, though, so turnaround should be improving.
EViL427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:43 PM   #40
knockout_tx
CF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSVT View Post
Are you retired military? Grey 09?

I have a Silver Z06, and yes I am X Military.
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • [Z06] What is the Avg cost of upgrading a cam in your Z06
  •