Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Who can repair scratch on carbon fiber splitter

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 11:44 AM
ifly2lo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who can repair scratch on carbon fiber splitter

I have a couple of scratches on my carbon fiber splitter and took it to a local body shop and they said they could not do anything with it. I was wondering is anyone knows of a shop that could repair the scratches if I sent them the splitter?
Old 03-30-2011, 10:42 PM
RobMorgan
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

A good body shop should be able to fix them. I took my ZR1 to a track day and the splitter got pitted badly from loose stuff on the track. I took the ZR1 to a high quality body shop and they sanded down both the splitter and lights and clear coated them and you cannot tell anything happened. I had them put a clear bra on to keep this from happening again and you really have to look hard to find the bra - as has been said on some other threads, it is all about finding a quality shop.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:59 PM
redzone
Le Mans Master

Received 148 Likes on 87 Posts

Does the splitter have the same ultra-expensive clear that the top/halo receive?

If so,I'd rather live with the scratches than have the carbon turn from lack of what GM considered proper protection.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:10 PM
GSdave
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hope these show well enough. I have shiny side rockers but not shiny front splitter. Is this stage 1?

Old 08-09-2017, 07:28 PM
Mordeth
Melting Slicks

Received 1,678 Likes on 878 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17

Hi Dave,

A few things.

1) This is the C6Z/C6ZR1 forum. You have a C7 GS. You are in the wrong forum. Nice car though.

2) This thread is 6+ years old and is in regards to damage to a C6 ZR1 splitter. You have necro'd a thread and asked an irrelevant question even to the original ancient thread.

3) Did you resurrect this dead thread to ask what kind splitter you have?

4) You have the stage 1 "poverty" splitter and 3/4" rocker extensions/side-skirts.

The poverty splitter is the cheaper version, but easy and cheap to replace if you bust it up. Here is mine, stage 2 with stage 2 end caps and full length side skirts. They are painted "Carbon Flash". Pics don't show it very well, but there is a sparkle/flake effect to them. You can replace your front splitter with a stage 2 "full" splitter if you wanted. Many after market vendors like APR, Caravaggio etc sell them. Same with the side skirts.

Old 08-09-2017, 07:41 PM
GSdave
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My apologies. I posted in this thread accidentally and tried to delete but obviously it didn't work. It was meant for the collectors edition thread. My bad.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:46 PM
03sixspeed
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default front splitter repair

Originally Posted by ifly2lo
I have a couple of scratches on my carbon fiber splitter and took it to a local body shop and they said they could not do anything with it. I was wondering is anyone knows of a shop that could repair the scratches if I sent them the splitter?
You can try a place near Philadelphia called Exotic car gear. They offer carbon fiber repair for corvettes 877-888-1600 check out their web site.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:27 AM
choppychop
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 265 Posts

Hey guys, quit slummin over here in the C sex
Section...

Get notified of new replies

To Who can repair scratch on carbon fiber splitter

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Who can repair scratch on carbon fiber splitter