Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Blown engine 2009 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 09:08 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

This thread has become a....

Having said that, I hope we see Obama go away...but I hate all politicians. They're all unethical, they all have personal agendas, and none of them give two sh*ts about the average American. They get into politics for one reason...money, power, and fame.
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Random84
This is a major sidetrack - but the snowball that is the Great Recession started with not only the government's interest in mandating home loans to people who, by definition, cannot afford them (Community Reinvestment Act, under Carter and given fangs under Clinton), but also combined with the outright refusal to regulate the derivatives spawning off this mandate via PRE EXISTING regulatory agencies like the SEC and the CFTC (also under the Clinton Admin). The Bush Admin brought in a lot of Goldman Sachs people who helped keep the ball rolling (same with Obama) - but they also tried to bring the issue up to the Senate financing committee in 2001, 2006 and 2007. You might recall the video of the head of that Committee, Senator Barney Fwank (D), blabbering on about how there is no problem with housing, Fanny Mae or Freddie Mac, etcetera.

With that said - BOTH parties are complicit in this, because BOTH parties know they're now playing a game of musical chairs... and they're interested only in preserving power by trading favors with campaign donors... and hoping that the music stops while the OTHER guy is holding the reigns. Currently, Reagan and Bush Jr respectively hold the title for largest increases in Public Debt (by percentage) in 8 years - but Obama is going to put them all to shame in 4 years.

We're going parabolic, people. Doesn't matter who you blame because both sides have no choice but to keep fanning the flames at this point.

Note: the graph is old (2010): there's another 2.4 trillion to add on for 2011.

/rant
Very rational and intelligent response. I agree with this. Both parties are to blame. Like I said: Obama is a ****@y candidate, but is a little better than Romney/Gingrich. IMO
joe11204
Procharged F1X 7.18 @ 197
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by forg0tmypen
Countless dealership franchises evaporated.

This was inevitable. It's what you call "downsizing".

Gas from $1.68 gallon to $3.39 gallon.

Not Obamas fault.

Transparency *

Believe it or not, Obama has had multiple pieces of legislation shot down in the House that would have increased transparency. So I think you're wrong on this one.

TARP

This was a program started by Bush, a Republican.

Solyndra

The Solyndra loan guarantee process was a multi-year process begun during the George W. Bush Administration. You really don't know enough about this to hold it against the Obama administration.

Operation Fast & Furious

The administration was absolved in this case. Are you stupid or ignorant? Pick one.

$2,500 / year in health Insurance savings ?

Don't know where your going with this, but Obama has done more for health care than any president in the last 30 years. At least he has ideas. Republican ideas range from doing nothing, to giving health care coupons as the costs continue to skyrocket further screwing the middle class.

Unemployment peaked over 9%

Yea and then it went down under 9%. Again how is that his fault? He inherited that from the previous cluster **** of an administration.

Home values stagnant at best

How about you become president and fix housing prices. They were overinflated and banks were loaning out to anyone with a valid drivers license. This was decades in the making. How is that Obamas fault? Housing prices have gone up during his tenure.

Class warfare

Wow a poor person claiming class warfare. If your not part of the upper class, you my friend have been swindled and are buying into a lot of propaganda by saying that. Let me tell you this: at no point in US history has the wealth disparity been so significant between the upper class and middle class. The wealthy are basically profiting off of the backs of the middle class. The only class warfare happening here is in reverse.

Embracing OWS

You don't even know what OWS is or why it's bad. Again: youre not good at thinking for yourself.

Increasing food stamp use 46%

Really? Where have I heard this one before? Our country is in a recession or was in one. Do you not think the people taking advantage of social programs is directly proportional to our stagnant economy?*

On pace to borrow approximately $6 Trillion in one term

War isn't cheap. Republicans want to go to war with Iran. Better get ready.

National debt Jan 09 $10 Trillion, today $15 trillion.

See above.

I refuted ALL of your BS and lies. Obama is the best man running. He's a ****** candidate but Romney or Gingrich are worse.*
Your responses are so ridiculous that I am speechless.

You did help me realize something though, There is a statistic that 45 % of Americans are ignorant. I want to thank you for putting a face to that statistic.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:17 PM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Originally Posted by joe11204

You did help me realize something though, There is a statistic that 45 % of Americans are ignorant. I want to thank you for putting a face to that statistic.
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter."

-Winston Churchill
Old 01-31-2012, 09:28 PM
joe11204
Support Corvetteforum!

"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter."

-Winston Churchill
Its more like .26 seconds

- The Obama Supporter

Old 01-31-2012, 09:28 PM
3LZZ06
_"SCOTT"_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Ron Paul anyone?...

Old 01-31-2012, 09:31 PM
Cheesecake 07
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

45%??? You can probably double that, sir.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:56 PM
Mdm23
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

I thought this thread was about a blown motor. Good points forg0tmypen. I try to stay away from these political arguments now. In 2008 svtperformance.com and my job wore me out, lol. Whether people wanna face it or not, Obama is the best candidate we have at this point. Job well done to this point, IMO. It's sad that Republicans have wasted so much time opposing Obama that they don't have any good plans or candidates to bring to the table 4 years later. What a country this could be if politicians spent as much time working together as they do opposing each other......sickening.

Last edited by Mdm23; 01-31-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:02 PM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

I had my motor repaired last year . All stock ,they jerked me around for 5 weeks with claims that the pistons were back order.I was not amused at all .2007 z06 with 35000 miles at the time.I went in for an oil change and the dealer kept my car saying they didnt like how it sounded .Ended up getting a full rebuild.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:31 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by camirocz
I had my motor repaired last year . All stock ,they jerked me around for 5 weeks with claims that the pistons were back order.I was not amused at all .2007 z06 with 35000 miles at the time.I went in for an oil change and the dealer kept my car saying they didnt like how it sounded .Ended up getting a full rebuild.
What did they sound like? Any audio/video?

DH
Old 02-01-2012, 01:56 AM
mirage2991
Safety Car

Received 251 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheesecake 07
45%??? You can probably double that, sir.
89.75% of stats are made up on the spot
Old 02-01-2012, 07:36 AM
dcsteg
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rjwz28
That's probably a bit dramatic. Other companies have come back from bankruptcy; it isn't an impossible feat.
I don't think so. Generous Motors was to far over the hill to come back.

Years of making of poor quality automobiles, remember the 76 Corvette with Vega steering wheel, not corrected till after 1977, Cadillac Cavalier, and cookie cutter cars of the 80's. I could go on and on.

Irregardless of all these bad build failures approved by incompetent management this company could not be allowed to fail. The trickle down effect of lost jobs from suppliers clear down to the janitor sweeping the floors would have been unrecoverable. 100's of thousands of jobs gone. In my opinion a good decision to bail out Gm and Chrysler by the Obama administration. I have listened to many people who were content to let them fail. They had no idea of what the ramifications of this great loss would have been. Bottom line: They were not informed and that kind of thinking is driving the country today. They have destroyed our infrastructure by letting our jobs go to other countries. Destroyed our unions which enabled the middle class with a decent wage and purchasing power that was recycled back into the economy. All that is gone except paper shuffling and hamburger flipping jobs. Not to many middle class people buying Z06's today. What a bunch of stupid bast++ds running our country today. I lived in the good times. Most of you here don't have a clue of what that was like. You will never know as long as China keeps paying our bills.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:01 AM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
This thread has become a....

Having said that, I hope we see Obama go away...but I hate all politicians. They're all unethical, they all have personal agendas, and none of them give two sh*ts about the average American. They get into politics for one reason...money, power, and fame.
I think by post 600, every thread devolves into "Government Motors" and Obama is the devil heres why: ... Wash rinse and repeat. Id also like to see Obama go away but who do we have to replace him with? The two front runners are much worse. You have Romney who says whatever he thinks will get him elected. And Gingrich who was brought down on eithics charges and forced out from the House by his own party.

- The Obama Supporter
I love this guy. I refute his ENTIRE LIST and he now has nothing but personal insults to throw around at me. You know how small that makes you look right? Why dont you provide some insightful counter points to my post. If you can.

Originally Posted by 3LZZ06
Ron Paul anyone?...

I like Ron Paul, I voted for him yesterday in Florida, but he came in last...
Old 02-01-2012, 09:40 AM
joe11204
Support Corvetteforum!

- The Obama Supporter

I love this guy. I refute his ENTIRE LIST and he now has nothing but personal insults to throw around at me. You know how small that makes you look right? Why dont you provide some insightful counter points to my post. If you can.
First off. I was in an ER last night and could not continue posting

Second. I posted FACTS and you replied with personal opinions. You did not refute anything. You basically replied its Bush's fault.

Third. The personal insults started with you.
Operation Fast & Furious

The administration was absolved in this case. Are you stupid or ignorant? Pick one.
Absolved? By people taking the 5th ? It is a long way from over. I'm surprised you are not blaming Bush. Brian Terry lost his life to this ridiculous program headed by Eric Holder. It will not be swept under the rug.

Forth: I will not be posting off topic in this thread any longer. It has side tracked and hijacked so I would be more than happy to start a new thread and debate you in the PR&C section of Corvette Forum. You will be liked in that section.

You can also PM me. I am also in Tampa often through out the year. My first trip is on March 15 - 18. We can have a one on one debate if you prefer. I will be awaiting your PM.

Last edited by joe11204; 02-01-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Greenstealth
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dcsteg
I don't think so. Generous Motors was to far over the hill to come back.

Years of making of poor quality automobiles, remember the 76 Corvette with Vega steering wheel, not corrected till after 1977, Cadillac Cavalier, and cookie cutter cars of the 80's. I could go on and on.

Irregardless of all these bad build failures approved by incompetent management this company could not be allowed to fail. The trickle down effect of lost jobs from suppliers clear down to the janitor sweeping the floors would have been unrecoverable. 100's of thousands of jobs gone. In my opinion a good decision to bail out Gm and Chrysler by the Obama administration. I have listened to many people who were content to let them fail. They had no idea of what the ramifications of this great loss would have been. Bottom line: They were not informed and that kind of thinking is driving the country today. They have destroyed our infrastructure by letting our jobs go to other countries. Destroyed our unions which enabled the middle class with a decent wage and purchasing power that was recycled back into the economy. All that is gone except paper shuffling and hamburger flipping jobs. Not to many middle class people buying Z06's today. What a bunch of stupid bast++ds running our country today. I lived in the good times. Most of you here don't have a clue of what that was like. You will never know as long as China keeps paying our bills.
What exactly does the word "irregardless" mean? It's hard to take people's worldly views and opinions for anything less than a grain of salt when they use words that don't exist.

Last edited by Greenstealth; 02-01-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:03 AM
dcsteg
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Greenstealth
What exactly does the word "irregardless" mean? It's hard to take people's worldly views and opinions for anything less than a grain of salt when they use words that don't exist.
Mr Greenstealth,

Just to help you down the road of life. Used by people who mean to say regardless. It's a junk word that should not confuse to many people.

Now maybe you can comment on something worthwhile since that was the only thing that tripped your trigger.

Hope I didn't use to many words in this reply to confuse you more.

Last edited by dcsteg; 02-01-2012 at 10:04 AM. Reason: misselled word
Old 02-01-2012, 10:25 AM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

First off. I was in an ER last night and could not continue posting

Second. I posted FACTS and you replied with personal opinions. You did not refute anything. You basically replied its Bush's fault.

Third. The personal insults started with you.
Absolved? By people taking the 5th ? It is a long way from over. I'm surprised you are not blaming Bush. Brian Terry lost his life to this ridiculous program headed by Eric Holder. It will not be swept under the rug.

Forth: I will not be posting off topic in this thread any longer. It has side tracked and hijacked so I would be more than happy to start a new thread and debate you in the PR&C section of Corvette Forum. You will be liked in that section.

You can also PM me. I am also in Tampa often through out the year. My first trip is on March 15 - 18. We can have a one on one debate if you prefer. I will be awaiting your PM.
Operation Fast and Furious is a stain on two administrations, but absolved is absolved. It IS OVER for the Obama administration. Im sorry for what happened to Brian Terry. Look, gunwalking is very very dangerous and IMO almost guaranteed to fail. If you or I were president, I dont think either of us would have signed off on this project. But that brings me back to my original overall point: who is better than Obama that has a chance for the presidency? Its a three man race: Romney, Gingrich, Obama. Obama is the best choice.

Get notified of new replies

To Blown engine 2009 Z06

Old 02-01-2012, 11:33 AM
MTIRC6Z
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One major consideration should be war.

For example, JUST in terms of dollars and cents, Iraq cost 3 TRILLION, of which 1.2T went to US contractors...if this is good for you personally or you believe it is good for the country as a whole, vote accordingly.

BTW, to put some perspective on the magnitude of the number trillion...if you went back in time one trillion SECONDS, you'd find yourself in the year 30,000BC.

Cheers, Paul.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:42 PM
clogan
Burning Brakes

Anybody know whatever happened to Bikerpuke's engine? I am curious, but not curious enough to sift through all 32 pages of the political rhetoric in this thread.

What happened to OP's engine? Did GM ever help him?

Old 02-01-2012, 02:04 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,477 Likes on 2,278 Posts

GREAT TRUTHS
> 1. In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man
> is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. --
> John Adams
>
> 2. If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read
> the newspaper you are misinformed. -- Mark Twain
>
> 3. Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of
> Congress. But then I repeat myself. -- Mark Twain
>
> 4. I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is
> like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the
> handle. -- Winston Churchill
>
> 5. A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the
> support of Paul. -- George Bernard Shaw
>
> 6. Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting
> on what to have for dinner. -- James Bovard , Civil Libertarian
> (1994)
>
> 7. Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer of money from poor
> people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries. --
> Douglas Casey , Classmate of Bill Clinton at Georgetown University
>
> 8. Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car
> keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke , Civil Libertarian
>
> 9. Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors
> to live at the expense of everybody else. -- Frederic Bastiat ,
> French economist(1801-1850)
>
> 10. Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short
> phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if
> it stops moving, subsidize it. -- Ronald Reagan (1986)
>
> 11. I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the
> facts. -- Will Rogers
>
> 12. If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what
> it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke
>
> 13. No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature
> is in session. -- Mark Twain (1866)
>
> 14. Talk is cheap...except when Congress does it. -- Anonymous
>