Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Centennial Edition Interior Kit Available

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 06:54 PM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 183 Posts

I love this kit but I've had it installed in my car for roughly one year and I'm seeing excessive Alcantara breakdown on the steering wheel and shift ****. I make sure my hands are very clean before driving the Vette but I'm really disappointed. The breakdown of the material looks like it went from a very fine microfiber to a leather. Now you can see where I grab the wheel because it's shinny and hard, then the other areas are dull fabric.
The following users liked this post:
BigC6Mike (11-01-2015)
Old 06-26-2013, 11:01 PM
erikszr1
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

that sucks, sorry to hear that man. I kinda thought that would happen that's why I didn't do it. I bet eating cheese doodles and then touching those parts would really eff em up....lol
Old 06-26-2013, 11:27 PM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 183 Posts

I wonder if GM would warranty swap it out because it's "defective"? I was never advised when purchasing the OEM parts that they would wear so fast with normal use i.e. 7,000 miles!
Old 06-26-2013, 11:43 PM
TT32VGT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please pm me a price for these parts for my '07 z06.. individual and combo price would be awesome.. also, is black stitching available? Whats availability like? My car is in the shop now, how quickly could you get this out?
Shifter Boot
E-Brake Handle
E-Brake Boot
Arm Rest
Steering wheel w/o Airbag Cover

And then another price for the steering wheel no airbag and armrest only.

Thanks

Last edited by TT32VGT; 06-27-2013 at 02:03 AM.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:09 PM
68RPOL71
Pro

Received 100 Likes on 31 Posts

Do you still carry these parts, I would like a price on the Steering Wheel, Console Cover and Arm Rests. (Grey Suede / Red Stitching)

thanks,

Old 01-13-2015, 09:28 PM
Fabio-Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by KOTYKB
I love this kit but I've had it installed in my car for roughly one year and I'm seeing excessive Alcantara breakdown on the steering wheel and shift ****. I make sure my hands are very clean before driving the Vette but I'm really disappointed. The breakdown of the material looks like it went from a very fine microfiber to a leather. Now you can see where I grab the wheel because it's shinny and hard, then the other areas are dull fabric.
I like the look of alcantara but I would never do it just for this reason^^^. It's nice to look at but not use. Alcantara is not very resilient.

It's not defective. It's just the way alcantara wears over the years (or months). when I had a BMW M3 i was considering "upgrading" the interior to alcantara but decided not to after seeing a few used samples in person. It's just looks old and nasty very quickly.

Leather is the way to go.
The following users liked this post:
BigC6Mike (11-01-2015)
Old 11-01-2015, 01:42 PM
BigC6Mike
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fabio-Z06
I like the look of alcantara but I would never do it just for this reason^^^. It's nice to look at but not use. Alcantara is not very resilient.

It's not defective. It's just the way alcantara wears over the years (or months). when I had a BMW M3 i was considering "upgrading" the interior to alcantara but decided not to after seeing a few used samples in person. It's just looks old and nasty very quickly.

Leather is the way to go.
After days upon days debating on whether I wanted to do this upgrade or not, this post has changed my mind on getting it. I drive my car on a regular basis and I would be very upset if I seen my interior disintegrate that quickly. Thank you for saving me from the heartache and walletache

Quick Reply: [Z06] Centennial Edition Interior Kit Available