Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GMs Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track Advertisement

******* Brake Burnishing*******

Old 11-21-2018, 02:04 PM
BSSlomovic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Good post JVP. I did a video on bed-in/burnishing a while back. My procedure was for iron discs and their associated pads. The concept remains the same though. Hopefully my video provides some further insight into the why's and how's of properly preparing brake pads and discs. Regardless of whether you have iron or carbon ceramic's, you'll still get similar benefits.

As GaryZR1 says, the speed will have a dramatic impact on how many stops it takes, as high speed/high energy stops introduce much more heat into the system. Most people (including me) always recommend 60mph because 1) it won't get you thrown in jail if you're doing it on the street, and 2) the amount of heat generated in any given stop is limited because of that speed. Once you've done this process a number of times, it becomes easy to feel when you've accomplished what you're trying to do.

Here is my video..enjoy.

One more note on the subject of burnishing...pro race teams view this procedure as being extremely important. Our company burnishes thousands of brake discs per year for pro racers. It is an important part of getting the most out of your brakes.
Hi, you say 8 - 10 times; not fifty!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ******* Brake Burnishing*******

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: