Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] '06 Z06 Engine tapping out at 3K, oil pressure 80

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 12:45 PM
Z06_toy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Craig- I watch my Z very close....have no problem pulling it over and putting on a wrecker, if the engine blows it would be a really crappy day (understated).....This car has lost 3 differentials, the X has put it under a parked car once and bounced it off a few trees and into an imbankment the last time...The dealer kept the car 4 months and decided they would have fun in it....took two years to find/fix all the crap they did to it...so through mis-haps have been forced to learn more about the car in areas I would have rather not...

The thing I have noticed so much about car folks is a lot of them seem to be worse than the fishing community....It is always "the fish that got away". I really think there should be a rule...no bragging unless you put the car where you mouth is .... I can have thick skin and be relentless but prefer to just exchange ideas and learn.

BTW - Sig. other is Iraqi vet.....thanks for what you do
Old 10-23-2011, 01:16 PM
tjea
Instructor

On the oil pressure.
Did you just have an oil change before the oil pressure seemed to go high. There is a relief valve built into oil filters on the C6 Zs.
Could be a stuck or bad valve in the oil filter. A long shot but simple to just replace the oil filter see if that resolves. Even if not new could still go bad.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:17 PM
Z06_toy
Intermediate

tjea-

Ding...Ding, yes I had the oil changed when I had the clutch done the week before the dyno pulls. Everything I have read indicates the relief valve would cause low oil pressure...assume it could go either way though.

Definately worth changing....Thanks!!
Old 10-24-2011, 03:09 PM
tjea
Instructor

or maybe they put in the wrong/old style filter.
good luck

Quick Reply: [Z06] '06 Z06 Engine tapping out at 3K, oil pressure 80