Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Service Traction Control??

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 04:29 PM
zatsrats
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default master caustion lite, eng.lite, traction control

Originally Posted by zatsrats
New battery last year . using stock wheels tire pressure was 37 loward tire press. charged battery. test tomorrow. Thanks for your time and interest. I'll let you know if it works. Ritch Zat
I DID ALL OF ABOVE I THOUGHT I HAD IT SOLVED RESET FOBS . BACK OUT OF GARAGE LITES CAME ON I THOUGHT I'D CHECK THE PLUG WIRES THEY WERE GOOD ON PLUGS BUT WHEN I PULLED THAT NICE RED CORVETTE ZO6 PLASTIC VALVE COVER ,COVER THE #5 COIL WIRE WAS OFF GET THE F---OUT OF HERE. ATTACHED AND GOD WAS ON MY SIDE RAN PERFECT HARD TO BELIEVE PUT THAT ONE IT YOUR BOOK THANKS R. ZAT
Old 08-08-2016, 05:13 PM
outhouse
Safety Car

Received 150 Likes on 133 Posts

don't write in caps

leave your mythology out of mechanical conditions, you were lucky, nothing more
Old 08-11-2016, 11:21 PM
zatsrats
5th Gear

Originally Posted by outhouse
don't write in caps

who are you god ?
Old 08-14-2016, 05:25 PM
zatsrats
5th Gear

Originally Posted by outhouse
don't write in caps

hey outhouse **** you
Old 08-15-2016, 08:06 PM
548chevelle
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by clogan
I stopped to get gas a few months ago. After filling, when i got back into car, the horn sounded 3 times (as if I had left door open with fob in car). anyhow, the car wouldn't start - the DIC said "No fob detected".

I thought, WTF!!!

So, I took the fob out of my pocket, held it up by the start button, and the car started fine. Then, as l left gas station, the DIC showed this "Service Traction Control" message.

again, I thought, WTF!!!

Then, it dawned on me: I had the fob in the same pocket as my cell phone. So, I pull over, shut the car off, pull out my cell phone and put it in the cup holder, and ALL CONDITIONS RETURNED TO NORMAL.

i am convinced that my cell phone was sending evil signals (LOL!) to my Z06 thru the fob that was in the same pocket. When I separated them, the trouble stopped, and has not returned.

IMHO, the entire fob system is waaay more trouble than it's worth. I admit to being a dinosaur, but if there was a fobless option, I'd pay extra for it. I'm always leaving the fob in the wrong place, running down fob batteries, letting my cell phone and fob conspire against me, etc. My life (and I don't speak for anyone else) would be simpler with a key (not fob) system.

CW
I've posted the question before - is there any way to bypass the fob circuitry and put in a simple switch. Didn't get any answers other than no way. Hopefully someday somebody will figure it out.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:24 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

An aftermarket CAI or aftermarket air filter element can cause this and even air leakage around the radiator shroud can cause this. The MAF does not like turbulent air passing over it and can cause surging resulting in "Service traction Control" warnings and can throw a code resulting in a CEL.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Service Traction Control??