Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] update to my exhaust/noise/rattle today.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 05:23 PM
1320IN9
Le Mans Master

Received 104 Likes on 56 Posts

Default update to my exhaust/noise/rattle today.

ok so i turned the over the axle pipes more towards the frame rails aprox 1/4 inch. took the car out for a ride and could not hear it touching anymore so i belive that part is fixed now and when i would try to make the noise like i could before it wont do it so i think i got it, "i hope" now the other noise, i think i might have a broken baffle inside the muffler, it does it more when it's hot and does it every so often, if i had to describe the noise it is not metal on metal sounding but more of a sound like a block of wood inside the muffler. my car has 2100 miles so you would think the mufflers would be ok, also has a black mamba cam and ARH headers with cats, i have also read on the forum a cam will cause higher pressures and could cause a baffle to come loose, anyway to confirm its a baffle without taking the muffler off the car?
Old 10-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Chonger
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I have the same problem. Part of my exhaust and/or mufflers are hitting something and making a clunking noise. It usually happens when I accelerate slowly, go over a bump, or take a slow turn.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:34 PM
1320IN9
Le Mans Master

Received 104 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Chonger
I have the same problem. Part of my exhaust and/or mufflers are hitting something and making a clunking noise. It usually happens when I accelerate slowly, go over a bump, or take a slow turn.
i belive i fixed that part i had the same problem, now every so often it sounds like someone put a small block of wood in my muffler.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:12 AM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Default noise

Chonger,
I'm sorry to hear you're still having problems with your exhaust noise. This could actually be caused by a variety of issues. I'd recommend going to the dealership and seeing if they can replicate the problem while you're in the car with them so they can pinpoint exactly what the problem was. Let us know what you find out.

Chevrolet Customer Service,
Justin

Originally Posted by Chonger

Get notified of new replies

To update to my exhaust/noise/rattle today.

Quick Reply: [Z06] update to my exhaust/noise/rattle today.