Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Billy Boat Exhaust Systems

Old 07-01-2016, 04:52 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Originally Posted by XLR8-R
Can you explain the difference between the regular Fusion and the Fusion III for Z06? I thought regular Fusion is full 3" all the way through when open? Is difference just on quiet side? Thanks!
Fusion Gen III is the only true full 3" system for the Z06 whereas the standard Fusion (like all other Z06 systems) tapers down going into the muffler. The main reason to consider the Fusion Gen III would be for heavily modified cars making 700+ horsepower where the extra help w/ air flow would otherwise blow out the butterfly valves.

Anyone needing extra assistance with these systems should feel free to give us a call at 888-631-1433.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:23 PM
ZRCLONE
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
Fusion Gen III is the only true full 3" system for the Z06 whereas the standard Fusion (like all other Z06 systems) tapers down going into the muffler. The main reason to consider the Fusion Gen III would be for heavily modified cars making 700+ horsepower where the extra help w/ air flow would otherwise blow out the butterfly valves.

Anyone needing extra assistance with these systems should feel free to give us a call at 888-631-1433.
BB ad says the FCOR-0466 is "ALL" 3" mandrel bent tube, nothing about 2.5" anywhere in the system.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:08 PM
Nicodemo
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I recently got the B&B fusion on my Z from southern car parts and LOVE them! The sound is incredible, especially with the mild to wild switch!
The following users liked this post:
Apollo29 (02-01-2018)
Old 10-15-2016, 01:26 AM
ls2alex
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does the mild to wild switch still work with the fusion, so as to keep the flaps open full time when chosen?
Old 10-15-2016, 08:47 AM
ZRCLONE
Pro

Originally Posted by ls2alex
Does the mild to wild switch still work with the fusion, so as to keep the flaps open full time when chosen?
Yes it does.
Of coarse my question never got answered
Old 10-15-2016, 09:12 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by ZRCLONE
Yes it does.
Of coarse my question never got answered
I gave you the correct answer above. If you're telling me you don't believe me, feel free to ask B&B directly. They'll tell you the same thing.
Old 10-15-2016, 09:12 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by ls2alex
Sure does.
Old 10-16-2016, 09:04 AM
ZRCLONE
Pro

I gave you the correct answer above. If you're telling me you don't believe me, feel free to ask B&B directly. They'll tell you the same thing.
No you did not answer my question, there seems to be a discrepancy in B+B ads it says nothing about 2.5" in the entire system.
I plan on purchasing one of these systems soon, per your answer I guess we will not be doing business, after all I only brought up a simple question!

This is what I am referring to from a B+B ad;

Description
B&B Billy Boat Exhaust FCOR-0466 - B&B Corvette C6 Z06 ZR1 2006-13 Fusion System Quad 4 Double Wall Round Tips. Through extensive testing Boat Performance Exhaust developed the first aftermarket dual mode exhaust for the C6 Z06 Corvette- The “FUSION”!!! This unique design has two passages, or modes, that the exhaust can travel through in the mufflers. Each of the mufflers has two outlets, with one side having a butterfly type valve which allows the exhaust flow to be shut off, regulating which side of the muffler the flows exhaust. One side of the muffler is the “quiet” side, and one side is the “loud” side. The “quiet” side is a smaller, muffled and chambered tube, while the “loud” side is 3” tubing straight through. When the valve is closed all of the exhaust is forced through the quiet side for a nice mellow exhaust note with no interior resonance. When the valve is open the exhaust flow now runs through the straight side for a deep, robust exhaust note. Operation of the valve is done by the factory computer or B&B has a remote key fob that can be installed in a few minutes to open and close the valves at the push of a button. Hand fabricated using 100% T-304 stainless steel, the 3” CNC mandrel bent tubing is used throughout the entire system providing a smooth, balanced, unrestricted exhaust flow with increases of as much as 16 horsepower and 17 foot pounds of torque at the rear wheels. A direct bolt-on replacement utilizing the factory mounting locations the installation of this system requires no cutting, welding, or modifications and includes all mounting hardware. Quad 4” round double wall tips give the car a bold yet distinctive look. No emission components are altered with this system therefore it is 50 state emissions legal and is backed by a limited LIFETIME warranty. Billy Boat Performance Exhaust has had a deep commitment to build quality products. With over 3 generation of fabrication and racing experience going into the development of every part B&B makes along with use only the finest T304 stainless steel materials it is easy to see why B&B has been an industry leader for over 20 years. B&B designs every system for increased performance, a distinctive tone that they have spent years perfecting and an appearance that will set your vehicle apart. FCOR-0466 Features: 4" Quad ROUND Double-Wall Tips Mandrel bent from the highest-grade T-304 stainless steel. Designed, tested, and manufactured to the finest hand-made integrity found in any exhaust system.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:33 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by ZRCLONE
No you did not answer my question, there seems to be a discrepancy in B+B ads it says nothing about 2.5" in the entire system.
I plan on purchasing one of these systems soon, per your answer I guess we will not be doing business, after all I only brought up a simple question!

This is what I am referring to from a B+B ad;

Description
B&B Billy Boat Exhaust FCOR-0466 - B&B Corvette C6 Z06 ZR1 2006-13 Fusion System Quad 4 Double Wall Round Tips. Through extensive testing Boat Performance Exhaust developed the first aftermarket dual mode exhaust for the C6 Z06 Corvette- The “FUSION”!!! This unique design has two passages, or modes, that the exhaust can travel through in the mufflers. Each of the mufflers has two outlets, with one side having a butterfly type valve which allows the exhaust flow to be shut off, regulating which side of the muffler the flows exhaust. One side of the muffler is the “quiet” side, and one side is the “loud” side. The “quiet” side is a smaller, muffled and chambered tube, while the “loud” side is 3” tubing straight through. When the valve is closed all of the exhaust is forced through the quiet side for a nice mellow exhaust note with no interior resonance. When the valve is open the exhaust flow now runs through the straight side for a deep, robust exhaust note. Operation of the valve is done by the factory computer or B&B has a remote key fob that can be installed in a few minutes to open and close the valves at the push of a button. Hand fabricated using 100% T-304 stainless steel, the 3” CNC mandrel bent tubing is used throughout the entire system providing a smooth, balanced, unrestricted exhaust flow with increases of as much as 16 horsepower and 17 foot pounds of torque at the rear wheels. A direct bolt-on replacement utilizing the factory mounting locations the installation of this system requires no cutting, welding, or modifications and includes all mounting hardware. Quad 4” round double wall tips give the car a bold yet distinctive look. No emission components are altered with this system therefore it is 50 state emissions legal and is backed by a limited LIFETIME warranty. Billy Boat Performance Exhaust has had a deep commitment to build quality products. With over 3 generation of fabrication and racing experience going into the development of every part B&B makes along with use only the finest T304 stainless steel materials it is easy to see why B&B has been an industry leader for over 20 years. B&B designs every system for increased performance, a distinctive tone that they have spent years perfecting and an appearance that will set your vehicle apart. FCOR-0466 Features: 4" Quad ROUND Double-Wall Tips Mandrel bent from the highest-grade T-304 stainless steel. Designed, tested, and manufactured to the finest hand-made integrity found in any exhaust system.
I hear what you're saying but it really doesn't change my answer. This is the honest truth...there is no true full 3" system for the C6 Z06 except the Gen 3 Fusion. All other systems taper down going into the mufflers. Now, this isn't a big deal for the vast majority of people since you'd need to be making 700+ hp in order to notice any downside to the way most systems are designed. But for the people that do, it's worth reiterating that only the Gen 3 Fusion system flows correctly without the risk of blowing out the butterfly valves.

I'm sorry if you don't like the answer I'm giving you, and I encourage you to ask the manufacturer directly if you still feel there's some confusion.
Old 12-22-2016, 03:06 PM
ACI NY
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a short word to advise my pleasure in dealing with Southern Car Parts. I had ordered the wrong BB Fusion exhaust for my 2013 Z06 and they went out of their way to get the correct tips shipped out to me. I havent put them on the car yet, but can tell you the BB Fusion Round Tips look great! Thanks again for your great service guys...
Old 01-27-2017, 04:37 PM
SPDKLZ1
Burning Brakes

Received 269 Likes on 186 Posts

Why do the Billy Boat LT headers for the C6 ZO6 have so many extra welds while the ones for the base C6 and C7 have just one or two near the collector? The AR, Kooks, and LG LTs don't have these extra welds, as far as I know.

Jesse
Old 01-27-2017, 04:54 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by SPDKLZ1
Why do the Billy Boat LT headers for the C6 ZO6 have so many extra welds while the ones for the base C6 and C7 have just one or two near the collector?

Looking at them on the B&B website...they all look very similar in construction type.

The AR, Kooks, and LG LTs don't have these extra welds, as far as I know.

Jesse
As for the comparison to other makes...it may be like that because the B&B LT's are the only LT on the market that can bolt right up to your factory mid-pipe. Drop your OE exhaust manifolds/cats, and swap them right in. Other LT's require the use of their proprietary (or custom) mid-pipe.
Old 01-27-2017, 06:02 PM
SPDKLZ1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
Looking at them on the B&B website...they all look very similar in construction type.

As for the comparison to other makes...it may be like that because the B&B LT's are the only LT on the market that can bolt right up to your factory mid-pipe. Drop your OE exhaust manifolds/cats, and swap them right in. Other LT's require the use of their proprietary (or custom) mid-pipe.
I knew an aftetmarket x pipe wasn't needed. That makes sense. I only looked at Google images of BB LTs for the C6 ZO6. I think I may go with these. No need for an aftermarket x pipe when the later Zs came equipped with the ZR1 x pipe and mufflers designed to breathe 638 crank hp. Thanks again.

Jesse
Old 01-28-2017, 06:55 PM
SPDKLZ1
Burning Brakes

I'm planning on calling Billy Boat on Monday, but does anybody know if their LT headers will bolt directly to 2012+ ZO6's as advertised on their and multiple vendors' websites? Another forum member on here told me and showed me pictures of the length differences of the cats/manifolds between 06-11 and 12, 13.

Thanks, Jesse
Old 01-31-2017, 01:54 PM
BBExhaust
Supporting Manufacturer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm planning on calling Billy Boat on Monday, but does anybody know if their LT headers will bolt directly to 2012+ ZO6's as advertised on their and multiple vendors' websites? Another forum member on here told me and showed me pictures of the length differences of the cats/manifolds between 06-11 and 12, 13.

Thanks, Jesse
Hey there Jesse! I sent this over to Mike and he gave me a little input on the subject:

In 2012 and 2013, the length changed because they added a second set of catalytic converters. I think it does make the header longer (when bolting in stock location) and the x-pipe shorter.

When doing headers on the 12,13 it is best to buy an aftermarket header and x-pipe. Some people have used the FCOR-0445 and then extended the factory x-pipe at a custom shop with little trouble also.

As a side note; they added cats in 12,13 to the base C6 also, but in the base C6 they put the cats in the x-pipe not the header and all fitment remained the same. Also, these secondary cats are not monitored and unnecessary and can be removed with NO check engine lights.

Feel free to call Mike directly at 1-623-581-7600 x18 should you have any questions.

Part Number: FCOR-0446<br/>Application: Chevy C6 Corvette Long Tube Headers 1 3/4″ (Incudes GrandSport)<br/>Year: 2008-2013
For mor information visit www.bbexhaust.com

Part Number: FCOR-0448<br/>Application: Chevy C6 Corvette Long Tube Headers 1 7/8″ (Incudes GrandSport)<br/>Year: 2005-2013

Part Number: FCOR-0445<br/>Application: Chevy C6 Corvette Z06/ZR-1 Long Tube Header 1 7/8″<br/>Year: 2006-2013
Old 01-31-2017, 06:32 PM
SPDKLZ1
Burning Brakes

AR it is. I was hoping to save a grand...
Old 02-25-2017, 10:04 AM
*El Ocho*
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Ok, woke up this morning to see that I got a hefty bonus from my company for the last project I was on.......so what's the 1st thing I did with the unexpected cash?

Ordered a B&B Fusion from you guys

Last edited by *El Ocho*; 02-25-2017 at 10:05 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Billy Boat Exhaust Systems

Old 03-15-2017, 09:26 AM
.gearhead.
Racer

Received 124 Likes on 88 Posts

I have the Gen III Fusions on my supercharged C6Z with Kooks 2" headers and Kooks 3" catted X-pipe. When I hammer it, it sounds like a giant angry gorilla screaming in my ear. A little less angry with the valves closed. It's glorious...
The following users liked this post:
BBExhaust (03-16-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 09:31 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by .gearhead.
I have the Gen III Fusions on my supercharged C6Z with Kooks 2" headers and Kooks 3" catted X-pipe. When I hammer it, it sounds like a giant angry gorilla screaming in my ear. A little less angry with the valves closed. It's glorious...
Old 11-05-2018, 09:52 PM
MickVette
Burning Brakes

Received 188 Likes on 138 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Guys, B&B's dual mode system for the C6 Z06 is called the The Billy Boat Gen 3 Fusion Extreme Exhaust. This Fusion Extreme as some forum members have taken to calling it, or Gen III Fusion as Billy Boat has officially titled it, is a great exhaust option for Z06 and ZR1 Corvettes that want to maintain a bi-modal exhaust.

Brand new from B&B, the Gen 3 Fusion exhaust is designed for Corvette owners who want an exhaust that is quiet with the flaps closed and screaming load with them open, regardless of how much power the car is putting out. The new Extreme Fusion /Gen 3 Fusion is designed with a full 3" system all the way through the NPP valve for max flow and HP. The Quiet side of the exhaust (with the flaps closed) is perfect for cars without cats or with a cam package because it has more noise cancelling properties that the regular B&B Fusion system reducing drone and noise. When the valves open, the cars is super loud and wild.

Did you know you stock Z06 exhaust is a 3" system that funnels down to 2.5" as it goes into the mufflers? This reduction in pipe size reduces flow and performance, limiting your Corvette Z06 from realizing its full potential. The B&B Fusion Gen III system is a full 3" system built with T-304 stainless steel. B&B uses only top quality materials with mandrel bends for maximum flow and performance. The system uses the PRT center muffler section for high exhaust flow and enhanced sound control, while the rear section is a 3" version of the B&B Bullet system, using an additional small resonated muffler at the back of the system.

Now available from Southern Car Parts: The Billy Boat Gen 3 Fusion Extreme Exhaust

Thanks,
David

All links go to the "Extreme". Do you have a link to the quieter when closed Gen 3 Fusions?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Billy Boat Exhaust Systems