Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Do you powershift in the Z?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 04:41 PM
Dee W
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed shifting

Originally Posted by Antonio1988
I'm seeing some ridiculous times out of you guys in the Z06 section, I was wondering if you all powershift when you take it down the 1/4. This is my first manual trans car and I have 522/488 to the rear wheels on the stock clutch, NT05 for tires. I leave my foot on throttle between shifts, but only about 10%. Appreciate the feedback

I don't have much to ad that hasn't been covered by other users already. I will say this, before you go ahead and sped shift your C7, decide how important it is to gain that extra 2 or 3 tenths of a second in your 1/4 mile or 0 to 60 time, as the damage you may do to your C7 (or your self/passenger) may not be worth the time savings. (unless your racing for a purse on closed course of course)

Bottom line is, if you have a C7, you have a very fast production vehicle, that frankly will hold its own against just about every other vehicle out there. Its certainly not the fastest vehicle out there but who the heck cares! There is always something faster on the road w/ work done, or being developed.

Fact is, your C7 is a symbol of your success. No need exists to show a 20 year old in a supped up Honda that you can beat him in a race, you risk loosing everything (all of your money via a lawsuit, your C7, and worse of all possibly your life), for a stupid 20 year old.

Fact is, your C7 is one of the most impressive production vehicles ever made, even though its certainly not he fastest thing on the road, drive smart and as responsibly as possible, so that you may drive tomorrow.

NOT WORTH IT, BOTTOM LINE.

(For what its worth, I am a very very competitive human like many others here. This being said, I also find myself wondering how close I can get to the 3.9 second 0 to 60 advertised time for the manual gearbox. I hit 4.0 - 4.2 consistently but cant seem to break the 4 second barrier. I notice that heating up the tires makes a difference, in the fall I cant seem to pass the 4.2 mark, in the hottest days of the summer I get the 4.0 about 1 out of each 3 or 4 attempts. If I can avoid the spin from 1st to 2nd, I know I can hit 3.9 sec mark.

Ill ad that none of this is via sped shifting, launch control helps w/ the spin off the line, and I do these tests on back roads where the speed limit is 55 mph, with no traffic, and I back off quickly once the 0 to 60 timer logs my time, probably taking me to 65 or 75 mph.

Ill also ad, I do take it above 110 from time to time also, but only on fairly low traffic expressways and for short 10 to 20 second bursts only, want to avoid loss of lic )

Safety first Gents.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:23 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by Dee W
I don't have much to ad that hasn't been covered by other users already. I will say this, before you go ahead and sped shift your C7, decide how important it is to gain that extra 2 or 3 tenths of a second in your 1/4 mile or 0 to 60 time, as the damage you may do to your C7 (or your self/passenger) may not be worth the time savings. (unless your racing for a purse on closed course of course)

Bottom line is, if you have a C7, you have a very fast production vehicle, that frankly will hold its own against just about every other vehicle out there. Its certainly not the fastest vehicle out there but who the heck cares! There is always something faster on the road w/ work done, or being developed.

Fact is, your C7 is a symbol of your success. No need exists to show a 20 year old in a supped up Honda that you can beat him in a race, you risk loosing everything (all of your money via a lawsuit, your C7, and worse of all possibly your life), for a stupid 20 year old.

Fact is, your C7 is one of the most impressive production vehicles ever made, even though its certainly not he fastest thing on the road, drive smart and as responsibly as possible, so that you may drive tomorrow.

NOT WORTH IT, BOTTOM LINE.

(For what its worth, I am a very very competitive human like many others here. This being said, I also find myself wondering how close I can get to the 3.9 second 0 to 60 advertised time for the manual gearbox. I hit 4.0 - 4.2 consistently but cant seem to break the 4 second barrier. I notice that heating up the tires makes a difference, in the fall I cant seem to pass the 4.2 mark, in the hottest days of the summer I get the 4.0 about 1 out of each 3 or 4 attempts. If I can avoid the spin from 1st to 2nd, I know I can hit 3.9 sec mark.

Ill ad that none of this is via sped shifting, launch control helps w/ the spin off the line, and I do these tests on back roads where the speed limit is 55 mph, with no traffic, and I back off quickly once the 0 to 60 timer logs my time, probably taking me to 65 or 75 mph.

Ill also ad, I do take it above 110 from time to time also, but only on fairly low traffic expressways and for short 10 to 20 second bursts only, want to avoid loss of lic )

Safety first Gents.
This is a 6 year old thread last post prior to yours was 2011. Had nothing to do with c7's

Quick Reply: [Z06] Do you powershift in the Z?