Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Do you guys want to know the secret inside the last two 1/4 mile record holding ZR1s?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 03:49 PM
0Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Do you guys want to know the secret inside the last two 1/4 mile record holding ZR1s?

The secret has been the RPM 2.66 TR6060 Transmission!

This modification alone will knock up to 3 TENTHS off your 1/4 mile ET.

Yes by simply swapping to one of our Level 6 2.66 gear TR6060 transmissions you can knock full tenths off of your quarter mile ET. These transmissions are direct replacements for your 2.29 TR6060 transmissions and also have upgrade 5th and 6th gears to .80/.63 so you don't lose any top end performance.

We are offering our Level 6 TR6060 with upgrade 5th and 6th gears for $3,895.00 with your TR6060 exchange.

This setup is what finally pushed Lingenfelters ZR1 into the 9s and what has helped Late Model Racecraft rocket their Black "Reaper Package" ZR1 to a 9.682@147.26!!!

Now we know this isn't for every ZR1 owner. The ZR1 is designed to destroy the road courses, but some ZR1 owners choose to show the ZR1s dominance at the drag strip as well.

Last edited by Jeremy@RPMTransmissions; 01-12-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:00 PM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Jeremy@RPMTransmissions

Yes by simply swapping to one of our Level 6 2.66 gear TR6060 transmissions you can knock full tenths off of your quarter mile ET. These transmissions are direct replacements for your 2.29 TR6060 transmissions and also have upgrade 5th and 6th gears to .80/.63 so you don't lose any top end performance.

We are offering our Level 6 TR6060 with upgrade 5th and 6th gears for $3,895.00 with your TR6060 exchange.

This setup is what finally pushed Lingenfelters ZR1 into the 9s and what has helped Late Model Racecraft rocket their Black "Reaper Package" ZR1 to a 9.682@147.26!!!

Now we know this isn't for every ZR1 owner. The ZR1 is designed to destroy the road courses, but some ZR1 owners choose to show the ZR1s dominance at the drag strip as well.

nice pic! sounding like a broken record but leave it up to RPM to raise the bar for the competition. actually i think they have none...LOL
Old 01-12-2012, 04:08 PM
0Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by NICK YOSKIN
nice pic! sounding like a broken record but leave it up to RPM to raise the bar for the competition. actually i think they have none...LOL
LOL! That is one of my favorite C6 pictures ever. I just wish it was a little better quality. That is our shop ZR1 back when it set the ZR1 record at 9.81@145.74mph. Now Late Model Racecraft has raised the bar even higher with their 9.682@147.26. As you know, we aren't ones to rest on our laurels. We will be out in the spring chipping away at their record looking to reclaim it. That is what this is all about isn't it? Good fun and fast cars!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 04:14 PM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by jeremy@rpmtransmissions
lol! That is one of my favorite c6 pictures ever. I just wish it was a little better quality. That is our shop zr1 back when it set the zr1 record at 9.81@145.74mph. Now late model racecraft has raised the bar even higher with their 9.682@147.26. As you know, we aren't ones to rest on our laurels. We will be out in the spring chipping away at their record looking to reclaim it. That is what this is all about isn't it? Good fun and fast cars!!!
yeah baby!
Old 01-12-2012, 04:17 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Received 2,054 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Jeremy I know it'd be pretty pointless for the street, but have y'all considered the 2.97 conversion in a ZR1? I missed the 9.68 by LMR, when did that happen?
Old 01-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

Pre-Z06 please get with the times!

The gear ratio change has obviously shown its abilities to gain some nice ET/60ft. I look forward to seeing RPM raise the bar for the ZR1 1/4mile record. Doesnt look like it should be to hard IMO. Definitely will have a close eye out for a blue ZR1 out at the drag strip.

You can always bring it to one of our MIR rentals here in the next month or so???? Bring it back to the track that made it happen before!! You will be in good company!
Old 01-12-2012, 04:53 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Originally Posted by Fartpipe
Pre-Z06 please get with the times!

The gear ratio change has obviously shown its abilities to gain some nice ET/60ft. I look forward to seeing RPM raise the bar for the ZR1 1/4mile record. Doesnt look like it should be to hard IMO. Definitely will have a close eye out for a blue ZR1 out at the drag strip.

You can always bring it to one of our MIR rentals here in the next month or so???? Bring it back to the track that made it happen before!! You will be in good company!
I know I'm a little slow compared to your mighty ZR1, but it took a Canadian to prove my theory about the trans gearing when I mentioned it to you years ago
Old 01-12-2012, 05:03 PM
Kyle Lemish
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Im not trying to second guess your gearing and thories.....BUT.....What were the 60's on these passes? The cars are capable of 1.52 on stock gearing and clutch.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:17 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Originally Posted by Kyle Lemish
Im not trying to second guess your gearing and thories.....BUT.....What were the 60's on these passes? The cars are capable of 1.52 on stock gearing and clutch.
Both were 1.60s...your car is a freak Kyle and must have the MZ6 option
Old 01-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Kyle Lemish
Drifting

Originally Posted by PRE-Z06
Both were 1.60s...your car is a freak Kyle and must have the MZ6 option
I just want a shot at driving one of these 2 cars at one of my rentals!

I was there the day that the their car went 9.81, and whoever was driving was pretty good!
Not saying I could drive it any better.....but would love to try!
Old 01-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

I could drive it better i seen the videos I'll put money on it. Kyle, Pre-Z06 can I borrow $5.00?
Old 01-13-2012, 02:20 AM
GIO-305
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As soon as I make my next stage of mods I will be doing this upgrade with the rear end and DSS axles to start hitting the track. At the moment my ZR1 is seeing hwy rolls.

Did you guys ever try 2.97 first gear? I remember you had a tranny ready with that gearing for your ZR1.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:22 AM
GARY2004Z06
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 335 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy@RPMTransmissions

Jeremy- Great solution to the problem.
Kyle- You have put up stellar 60's on the stock clutch but this is most-likely its lower limit or very close to it. A much stronger clutch will be needed to hold a 1.3 launch consistently especially with adding power or change of gear ratios.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Kyle Lemish
Drifting

Originally Posted by GARY2004Z06
Jeremy- Great solution to the problem.

Kyle- You have put up stellar 60's on the stock clutch but this is most-likely its lower limit or very close to it. A much stronger clutch will be needed to hold a 1.3 launch consistently especially with adding power or change of gear ratios.
Their gear swap hasn't produced these times you speak of....they are posting these times with 1.60 60's

I agree with what you are saying Gary.....But their post was saying the secret to these two cars success was the gear ratio change!

Im saying at these power levels, that gear is probably very helpful to their passes, The way they presented this to the forum members was that a simple first gear swap would greatly help their 1/4 times.

Im saying to fellow members of the forum that they don't need to run out an spend the $ to swap the first gear to make their car faster, when in fact on the street/strip with out proper tires/driving it will likely produce way too much tire spin and in fact slow down the car. In fact neither of these cars with this gear change have beat the 60' that can be produced in a stock car. If they were posting the 60's that you post they would be running low 9's.

End of my rant.....Just saying they presented this as a quick way to knock tenths off the 1/4 time of a ZR1. Its not really the case now is it?
Old 01-13-2012, 11:49 AM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Their gear swap hasn't produced these times you speak of....they are posting these times with 1.60 60's

I agree with what you are saying Gary.....But their post was saying the secret to these two cars success was the gear ratio change!

Im saying at these power levels, that gear is probably very helpful to their passes, The way they presented this to the forum members was that a simple first gear swap would greatly help their 1/4 times.

Im saying to fellow members of the forum that they don't need to run out an spend the $ to swap the first gear to make their car faster, when in fact on the street/strip with out proper tires/driving it will likely produce way too much tire spin and in fact slow down the car. In fact neither of these cars with this gear change have beat the 60' that can be produced in a stock car. If they were posting the 60's that you post they would be running low 9's.

End of my rant.....Just saying they presented this as a quick way to knock tenths off the 1/4 time of a ZR1. Its not really the case now is it?
Playing the devils advocate, more power doesn't automatically produce a faster time you have to be able to harness it of course. The fact that the zr1 has such a tall first gear makes it harder to launch as it makes the clutch slip that much more crucial to get a good 60' as I know you can attest to. The steeper gear shortens that window of trying to match wheel speed to rpm and will also help lengthen clutch life imho.

Last edited by PRE-Z06; 01-13-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:58 AM
prostreet_632
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kyle, you are correct in the fact that the 60's haven't picked up on either of our passes from both trannies, but the overall 1/4 picked up with no other changes to the car or tune at all. Went from a 9.93 to a 9.68 just changing the trans. The fact is with the amount of power being produced it will be hard to dip in the 1.4/5's without the wheel spin. Next time out we think it will go a 1.5 in the 60', it just takes time to find the right spot for the clutch to keep it from spinning. Also the Spec clutch in the car is an instant grab and is harder to control the wheel spin. 1.6 = 9.68, 1.5 would = ? and that is the mark I would like the car to shoot for.

Andrew
Old 01-13-2012, 12:28 PM
0Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
Former Vendor

Thanks for posting up Andrew. I was about to contact you for some specifics so I could post a fully educated reply.

The ET gains by swapping to the 2.66 unit aren't found in the 60ft. The gains are down track in 2nd and 3rd gear. It takes a skilled driver to launch any ZR1 and that is no different when swapping to the 2.66 unit. If you are skilled enough to pull 1.5 60fts you can launch a 2.66 geared car equally as well while achieving a quicker quarter mile ET.

I know for a fact that the 2.66 gearing makes these cars quicker. Both the LPE ZR1 and the LMR ZR1 were stuck at a specific ET. As soon as they installed our 2.66 geared unit with no other modifications and both cars picked up almost 3 tenths.

Get notified of new replies

To Do you guys want to know the secret inside the last two 1/4 mile record holding ZR1s?

Old 01-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Kyle Lemish
Drifting

Originally Posted by prostreet_632
Kyle, you are correct in the fact that the 60's haven't picked up on either of our passes from both trannies, but the overall 1/4 picked up with no other changes to the car or tune at all. Went from a 9.93 to a 9.68 just changing the trans. The fact is with the amount of power being produced it will be hard to dip in the 1.4/5's without the wheel spin. Next time out we think it will go a 1.5 in the 60', it just takes time to find the right spot for the clutch to keep it from spinning. Also the Spec clutch in the car is an instant grab and is harder to control the wheel spin. 1.6 = 9.68, 1.5 would = ? and that is the mark I would like the car to shoot for.

Andrew
Maybe you could post the entire timeslips for both those passes to see where the gains actually occur?
I am not arguing with you, Your car is AWESOME! I love showing the Videos to all my Mustang buddies

What Im saying is this thread was trying to tell the averege ZR1 owner/driver that they would pick up signifigant gains at the track with just their gear swap there is no data to show this fact!
Old 01-13-2012, 12:37 PM
GARY2004Z06
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 335 Likes on 247 Posts

Just wanted to agree that with a trans ratio change there should be a gain. If it works on paper for us, we tend to believe it. It would be nice to prove the theory as we have proven them in the past. Perhaps we could take a ZR1, tune it, change the trans and clutch, put on my drag pack and see what happens. I can foresee 60's in the 1.3s on a good track with the right driver.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:46 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Originally Posted by GARY2004Z06
Just wanted to agree that with a trans ratio change there should be a gain. If it works on paper for us, we tend to believe it. It would be nice to prove the theory as we have proven them in the past. Perhaps we could take a ZR1, tune it, change the trans and clutch, put on my drag pack and see what happens. I can foresee 60's in the 1.3s on a good track with the right driver.
That was my recipe in Fartpipes thread, would love to see someone make it happen!

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Do you guys want to know the secret inside the last two 1/4 mile record holding ZR1s?