Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Why not to buy bassani products

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 04:37 PM
clogan
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I quit buying Bassani after the welds failed on both heat shields of a catted X-pipe I bought for my first Cobra, back in the 90's. No more Bassani for me, EVER!!!!

I have bought Magnaflow and Borla systems since, and am very happy with Borla products. No more Bassani!!!

YMMV
Old 01-29-2012, 04:42 PM
vvlf
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IMXCITD
Also..as many have said...a call from you to upper management would be a quicker way to a fast professional resolution.
But what others are failing to realize, a phone call yields little to no proof as to what transpired. Then it becomes a variable, he said she said. From a business aspect, the OP went about this the right way.

Get it in writing, that way no one can make false allegations. Not to mention, had it not been in writing we wouldn't have been able to see with our own eyes what sort of moronic practices are taking place at Basani.

Once again OP, you went about things perfectly. And for that, the rest of us have gotten a huge heads up as to what we might have to deal with if we ever decided to do business with Basani <- which considering how many other manufactures of exhaust systems there are out there, thanks but no thanks. I'll take my hard earned $$ else where
Old 01-29-2012, 05:02 PM
jft69z
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 328 Likes on 267 Posts

If the company was reputable & stood by their products, either a phone call or email would have been sufficient to get the problem corrected. It appears that this is not the case here, at least when dealing with the 'customer service' rep of that company.

Just for giggles, if it was me at this point, I would try to call someone higher up the food chain to see if that is really their way of doing business, or just a grinch at the customer service desk. If the phone call to the boss yielded nothing, I would send them a link to this thread & let them know they've already lost a few potential customers in the matter of a few days due to how they handled the situation. How they handle it from this point on can determine if the bleeding will stop.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:30 PM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

The only good exhausts they made were for my old dirt bikes and ATVs way back in the early 80s
Old 01-30-2012, 09:01 PM
SmokeyD
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"my 80k" "my 124K" vehicle "you should be thankful"

You ever drive a Porsche?

LOL
Old 01-30-2012, 09:14 PM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Location: Daytona Beach/ Atlanta---- Good Ol' Florida Boy/ Georgia
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts