Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] FOB opens doors but won't start car after iSimple ipod installation

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 10:09 PM
NachosZO6
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default FOB opens doors but won't start car after iSimple ipod installation

I am stumped. I tried installing the iSimple ipod adaptor from Double D mods but after I put everything back together and reconnected the battery, the car wouldn't start. I took the iSimple adaptor out and nothing changed. I had driven the car to my buddy's shop and I drive it a lot and had never had any problems.

The panic, lock, unlock, and hatch all work but when I try to start it, it says that there is no FOB detected.

I changed the battery in the FOB and placed a battery charger on my battery and nothing. I placed the FOB in the slot in the glove box and the car starts fine. I was able to drive it home, but I'm not sure why it won't pick it up from anywhere. I tried the dash, center console, my pocket (like usual) and nothing. Just got home and disconnected the negative on the battery and try it again tomorrow.

Any advise/ideas/experience?

Last edited by NachosZO6; 02-18-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:22 AM
ZR-1 1991
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NachosZO6
I am stumped. I tried installing the iSimple ipod adaptor from Double D mods but after I put everything back together and reconnected the battery, the car wouldn't start. I took the iSimple adaptor out and nothing changed. I had driven the car to my buddy's shop and I drive it a lot and had never had any problems.

The panic, lock, unlock, and hatch all work but when I try to start it, it says that there is no FOB detected.

I changed the battery in the FOB and placed a battery charger on my battery and nothing. I placed the FOB in the slot in the glove box and the car starts fine. I was able to drive it home, but I'm not sure why it won't pick it up from anywhere. I tried the dash, center console, my pocket (like usual) and nothing. Just got home and disconnected the negative on the battery and try it again tomorrow.

Any advise/ideas/experience?
Car battery could be low. Is you car a 2007 , if so there was a problem with them . ''12611833 new software to correct a possible no start condition on first attempt after a battery disconnect.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:18 AM
NachosZO6
Pro

It is a 2007. So I just have to take it to the dealer so they can upgrade my software or is this something I have to do?
Old 02-19-2012, 11:16 AM
ZR-1 1991
Racer

Originally Posted by NachosZO6
It is a 2007. So I just have to take it to the dealer so they can upgrade my software or is this something I have to do?
''YES' They have to update the ECU with Tech 2, Did you also have a problem with your battery running down if car wasn't used for a couple of weeks?

12614676 new software to correct battery run down condition .

They hook up Tech 2 , and can tell what software is on your computer , If you see this number 12608602 . this is the one from the factory . you may also have to reprogram the 'crankshaft sensor '.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:50 PM
NachosZO6
Pro

Thanks a ton! I will be taking it in tomorrow morning.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:50 PM
darrennye
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having very similar conditions as you.

Did you take it back to the dealer to get that stuff done?

What happened?

Did it work?
Old 04-09-2012, 04:17 PM
NachosZO6
Pro

The FOB system burnt out. Had to get everything replaced.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:24 PM
jsilvz
Racer

was this in some way related to the iPod installation?

Get notified of new replies

To FOB opens doors but won't start car after iSimple ipod installation

Quick Reply: [Z06] FOB opens doors but won't start car after iSimple ipod installation