Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] OMFG....seriously....

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 05:51 PM
Stelios-z06
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OMFG....seriously....

2008 Z06,stock, ATHENS GREECE 58.000km

hey guys, i was just wondering if anyones car has caught fire? i was about to park, suddenly my clutch pedal sticks to the floor, i hear this noise like all the fluids from the slave cylinder have sprayed out the bottom of the car, i stop the car, switch the engine off, 10 secs later smoke from under the hood, black smoke 15 secs later, i lift the hood, ****ing fire comin up from the engine bay... apparently what i think happened was the hydrolic clucth system blew, leaking all the clutch fluid onto the manifold, it caught fire, i nearly fukin burned tryin to put the fire out, engine bay destroyed... basicly, corvette thank you sooo ****ing much for yet another epic fail...

what can i say.......
Old 02-21-2012, 05:55 PM
SVTLOL
Racer

Wow that sucks man
Old 02-21-2012, 05:56 PM
mirage2991
Safety Car

Received 250 Likes on 163 Posts

sounds like your next move would be/was call your insurance and have a claim...then call chevy for a little "discussion" about the issue(s) you have had...
Stelios-z06
Intermediate

has that like ever, EVER happend b4?
BearZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 1,335 Likes on 775 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'22-'23

Wow, that's terrible. Sorry for your loss. How hard will it be to replace it?
Old 02-21-2012, 05:59 PM
Mookster
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 15 Posts

Vettes are HOT cars man.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:00 PM
Stelios-z06
Intermediate

this happend like 4 hours ago, 1st step was called insurance, they came, thank god the car is fully insured for fire and etc... had the car towed to the corvette dealer....
i wanna see their faces in the morning...
Old 02-21-2012, 06:00 PM
Mookster
Drifting

4 Hours ago? You sure about that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIfYgesz7zE
Old 02-21-2012, 06:03 PM
Stelios-z06
Intermediate

hahaha man thats not mine, mine is in greece, thats got like polish plates or somthin, nyway mine was stock, btw....
but look at the ***** burn , hahaha, similar to mine
Old 02-21-2012, 06:06 PM
MtnBiker09Z
Instructor

He's in Greece. There's no way the firemen would have gotten there so quickly...they're all on strike or some sh88.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:09 PM
Stelios-z06
Intermediate

quite right like i said, i put out the bastard by myself...
is any1 gonna tell me though whos *** im goin to have for this travesty?
how can i hurt GM? how?
Old 02-21-2012, 06:13 PM
Mookster
Drifting

Why would you hurt Government Motors?
Old 02-21-2012, 06:17 PM
Lucifer13
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stelios-z06
has that like ever, EVER happend b4?
First I've ever heard of a stock C6 going up in flames like that
Old 02-21-2012, 06:19 PM
MtnBiker09Z
Instructor

quite right like i said, i put out the bastard by myself...
is any1 gonna tell me though whos *** im goin to have for this travesty?
how can i hurt GM? how?
Have you seen how many Ferraris have caught fire recently? Sh88 happens I guess. Sorry that happened to you! Hopefully you will get it all back in order very soon.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:26 PM
Stelios-z06
Intermediate

dude, the whole design is flawed, ****in clutch dust in the fluid destroys the seals eventually, thats what happened here, then the fluid leaked out caught fire, destroyed my car, and so on... general motors knows this, there should have been a massive recall on all these bastards, but they dont have the ***** and certainly the cash to do so...
lets be realistic about something, i didnt buy a Z to take it to the supermarket for shopping... if you race it, it breaks down like a motherfuker... i also own a 2008 997 turbo, and an m5, they dont break down, no, they just dont break down, and theyve never caught fire, i mean comon, its like 2012, and its not italian, cars dont catch fire coz of clutch fluid leaks... i almost ****in burned....
Old 02-21-2012, 06:28 PM
Stelios-z06
Intermediate

dude, the whole design is flawed, ****in clutch dust in the fluid destroys the seals eventually, thats what happened here, then the fluid leaked out caught fire, destroyed my car, and so on... general motors knows this, there should have been a massive recall on all these bastards, but they dont have the ***** and certainly the cash to do so...
lets be realistic about something, i didnt buy a Z to take it to the supermarket for shopping... if you race it, it breaks down like a motherfuker... i also own a 2008 997 turbo, and an m5, they dont break down, no, they just dont break down, and theyve never caught fire, i mean comon, its like 2012, and its not italian, cars dont catch fire coz of clutch fluid leaks... i almost ****in burned....
and its stock!!!!!!! ffs, its STOCK!..... imagine i was planning to install the procharger kit... imagine then,
Old 02-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Stelios-z06
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BearZ06
Wow, that's terrible. Sorry for your loss. How hard will it be to replace it?

replace it? hahaha, thanx, but no thanx, im just gonna take all the cash i can get from the insurance company, i had chevy fever, but its passed, like gas....

Get notified of new replies

To OMFG....seriously....

Old 02-21-2012, 06:50 PM
clogan
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My buddy's nearly new Mustang caught fire. Less than 10,000 miles on the clock. Could have burned his house down, had he parked in his basement garage as he normally does. Ford denied all responsibility, but was nice enough to pay his deductible so he could buy yet another Mustang. My F-150 caught fire, due to coil-pack short on cylinder 8. I was lucky enough not only to catch it, but also to have an extinguisher to put out the fire before significant damage was done. Cost me only $400 to fix, incl tow bill.

My point: cars catch fire. Carry an extinguisher, and good insurance. And forget about "getting even" with the manufacturer. That's a fool's errand.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:19 PM
Stelios-z06
Intermediate

Originally Posted by clogan
My buddy's nearly new Mustang caught fire. Less than 10,000 miles on the clock. Could have burned his house down, had he parked in his basement garage as he normally does. Ford denied all responsibility, but was nice enough to pay his deductible so he could buy yet another Mustang. My F-150 caught fire, due to coil-pack short on cylinder 8. I was lucky enough not only to catch it, but also to have an extinguisher to put out the fire before significant damage was done. Cost me only $400 to fix, incl tow bill.

My point: cars catch fire. Carry an extinguisher, and good insurance. And forget about "getting even" with the manufacturer. That's a fool's errand.
i know theres really nothin u can do to the manufacturer, im jus really angry with them, thats all,
i mean when i first had the car delievered to me, bran spankin new, it came with the clutch installed wrong side facing flywheel, i mean, seriously, hahaha give me a fukcin break... anyway, i saw past that, and even after that, it kept having all kind of problems, that were never really my fault , but then again i could have done absolutely nothing to prevent them from happening, like for example, wrong design,

1) car has no fuel filter,
probelm was the fuel pump fuse kept burning everytime i reached high rpms, as a result cutting the gas off to the engine, gas is unclean sometimes with small pieces of trash in it so it cloggs up fuel pump eventually, therefor burning the fuse,
solution, new pump....

2)spring under clutch pedal fails, gets cut in half, reasons unknown,
that resulted to a lot more problems like, the destruction of the master cylinder when it actually happend....

theres sooo many things gone wrong with this car, theyr too many to list...
small things always, but small things that ended causing huge problems....

i guess i just got tired...
Old 02-21-2012, 07:22 PM
Stelios-z06
Intermediate

i know theres really nothin u can do to the manufacturer, im jus really angry with them, thats all,
i mean when i first had the car delievered to me, bran spankin new, it came with the clutch installed wrong side facing flywheel, i mean, seriously, hahaha give me a fukcin break... anyway, i saw past that, and even after that, it kept having all kind of problems, that were never really my fault , but then again i could have done absolutely nothing to prevent them from happening, like for example, wrong design,

1) car has no fuel filter,
probelm was the fuel pump fuse kept burning everytime i reached high rpms, as a result cutting the gas off to the engine, gas is unclean sometimes with small pieces of trash in it so it cloggs up fuel pump eventually, therefor burning the fuse,
solution, new pump....

2)spring under clutch pedal fails, gets cut in half, reasons unknown,
that resulted to a lot more problems like, the destruction of the master cylinder when it actually happend....

theres sooo many things gone wrong with this car, theyr too many to list...
small things always, but small things that ended causing huge problems....

i guess i just got tired...
and lets not forget the latest,
DOT4 liquid from the hydrolic clutch system, setting fire to my car.... "my favourite"

hold on, the problems are coming back one by one,
something with this silly gearbox, trying to click gear into reverse always proved be a very hard task, sometimes it would click in, sometimes i was never sure if its really in reverse or half way there, until i heard the grinding noise comin from the gearbox, always cautious.....

Last edited by Stelios-z06; 02-21-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] OMFG....seriously....