Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Z06 Comp Gray Spyder Wheels

Old 03-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Iflyguns
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z06 Comp Gray Spyder Wheels

Does anyone know where I can buy a complete set of factory OEM wheels for my 2009 Z06?

**** I am NOT interested in Bob's House of Wheels. He sells blemished wheels, they don't color match, all the wheels have the "typical" blem marks, that being, one long scratch on the inside of each wheel. I've been thru 2 1/2 complete sets with Bob trying to get the wheels to match and after MUCH frustration I'm going somewhere else. With the cost of the wheels and all the return shipping I'm out almost $2000.00. Sucks!

BTW, save your time and money with him. While Bob's service is good the wheels are 100% guaranteed to be blems. If I'm lying, I'm buying!

Any assistance?
Old 03-10-2012, 10:17 AM
3LZZ06
_"SCOTT"_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Iflyguns
Does anyone know where I can buy a complete set of factory OEM wheels for my 2009 Z06?

**** I am NOT interested in Bob's House of Wheels. He sells blemished wheels, they don't color match, all the wheels have the "typical" blem marks, that being, one long scratch on the inside of each wheel. I've been thru 2 1/2 complete sets with Bob trying to get the wheels to match and after MUCH frustration I'm going somewhere else. With the cost of the wheels and all the return shipping I'm out almost $2000.00. Sucks!

BTW, save your time and money with him. While Bob's service is good the wheels are 100% guaranteed to be blems. If I'm lying, I'm buying!

Any assistance?
Seems like you could have bought factory fresh OEMs for $2K.

Contact RichieRichZ06 from Abel Chevrolet for a price.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:02 AM
THE BLACK WIDOW
Pro

Bought mine from Bobs House of Wheels and found some minor blemishes on mine too. I didnt call him about it but i was a little disappointed that he didnt tell me about that up front.

J
Old 03-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by THE BLACK WIDOW
Bought mine from Bobs House of Wheels and found some minor blemishes on mine too. I didnt call him about it but i was a little disappointed that he didnt tell me about that up front.

J

With such a big item, it is probably tough to handle, and package them without knicking or scratching them up a little bit - especially the painted wheels.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:42 PM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo
With such a big item, it is probably tough to handle, and package them without knicking or scratching them up a little bit - especially the painted wheels.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Iflyguns
Instructor

Originally Posted by THE BLACK WIDOW

J
YES, Totally agree.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Iflyguns
Instructor

Well, my point, is color, flaws and the pure fact the wheels are blems. As for the packaging...well given this is a little off topic I can tell you the wheels are not packaged in GM boxes rather some off the shelf after market wheel boxes or plain old card board boxes. The wheels have thin sheets of plastic laid over them and then just thrown in some available box.

BUT, this topic/discussion isnt about packaging this is totally about a guy on this site, Bob's House of Wheels, selling wheels out of his storage facility in Florida stating and promising his wheels are Genuine OEM wheels and NOT blems. Simply stated not true!

They are 100% blemished wheels. I'm writing all of this to keep of my brothers and sisters here from making the same mistake myself and others have made.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Iflyguns
Instructor

Originally Posted by 3LZZ06
Seems like you could have bought factory fresh OEMs for $2K.

Contact RichieRichZ06 from Abel Chevrolet for a price.
Yeah, this sucks. I figured as much!

Maybe Bob will give me money back and pay for the return shipping but I doubt it. He and I have been back and forth with these crap wheels that I just want stop dealing with him.

I'm just going to suck up the loss and move on.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:03 PM
3LZZ06
_"SCOTT"_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Iflyguns
Yeah, this sucks. I figured as much!

Maybe Bob will give me money back and pay for the return shipping but I doubt it. He and I have been back and forth with these crap wheels that I just want stop dealing with him.

I'm just going to suck up the loss and move on.
I sent a friend of mine his way for a set of chrome 10 spoke Z06s about 2 years ago and the barrels didn't match. Two of the barrels were chromed and the other two were the stock light grey flat finish. He wasn't thrilled with them but he just went along with it. You get what you pay for most of the time.

BTW, if he wont take them back you might want to find a powder coat company that can do all four wheels at a reasonable price. At least they'll match.

Sorry for your chitty experience...
Old 03-11-2012, 01:44 AM
Mike-Z06
Cruising

Try this..
http://www.partstaxi.com/partlocator...catalogid=7474

He's a forum vendor.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:48 PM
THE BLACK WIDOW
Pro

Gizmo it wasnt an issue with tiny nicks or scratches it was tiny spots that were off color and under the clear coat. They look almost like a water spot that wont come off. Its not a huge deal but like I'd rather be told the truth up front and yes no GM boxes just four random 22" chrome dub wheel boxes lol

J
Old 03-12-2012, 10:58 PM
0PartsTaxi.com
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike-Z06
Thanks for the referral!

Be sure to check the above link, $1797 for all 4 wheels. We are a GM dealer, these are OEM GM wheels, no blems. Shipping isn't an issue either.

Thanks
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com
Old 03-13-2012, 12:25 AM
Vette5.5
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is such a thing, as painting your current wheels yourself, or having them done. I've done this several times, without even removing the tires. No big deal, with a little Scotch Briting, to knock the gloss off. The cost of removing/reinstalling tires and shipping other wheels, will surely be much higher than this.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:27 AM
JG853
Melting Slicks

Received 774 Likes on 453 Posts

What is the best price you can do for Centennial Cup wheels (Satin finish without the red stripe?)

Originally Posted by PartsTaxi.com
Thanks for the referral!

Be sure to check the above link, $1797 for all 4 wheels. We are a GM dealer, these are OEM GM wheels, no blems. Shipping isn't an issue either.

Thanks
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com
Old 03-13-2012, 09:11 AM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Originally Posted by PartsTaxi.com
Thanks for the referral!

Thanks
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com
Do you offer those in Chrome, or polished finish, or just comp grey? I tried searching your site and could not find, so I assume no..
Old 03-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Flareside
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a set from my local dealer back in 2009 for around $2k. I first tried mail ordering from one of the big GM parts dealers here on the forum, but that didn't go so good (just like you).
Old 03-13-2012, 04:44 PM
Frankie2blue
Melting Slicks

Received 271 Likes on 143 Posts

These dealers should be honest and upfront that they are selling blems or aftermarket wheels. Its way too easy to call it OEM just because the wheel is stamped Speedline etc. It does NOT mean they were finished by them or it does not mean they were not rejects. Any private sellers should also be up front also, especially selling on this forum. I was one that recently got taken by a forum member here that sold me 08 split spoke wheels that he swore he bought from a GM dealer, but they were in fact just mismatched blems like all the others. He will have to pay up at some point with Karma coming his way. In the meantime I bought good wheels and re sold those blems at a loss locally. Live and learn. I would only buy through a dealer from here on in though.

Last edited by Frankie2blue; 03-13-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 Comp Gray Spyder Wheels

Old 03-15-2012, 06:11 PM
z10
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

My experience with House of Wheels was very good. I bought a set of Comp Grey Spyders almost 2 years ago. The color was perfect they supplied a set of OEM center caps which matched, and the wheels are marked Speedline. I mounted Nitto Invos and my installer said he put very little weight on them. The tires/wheels now have 13k miles on them and have never required another balance. So I'm happy.

This was almost 2 year ago, so maybe something has changed. But I wouldn't hesitate ordering again from them.

Last edited by z10; 03-16-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:48 PM
Too-Fast
Safety Car

Received 789 Likes on 533 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I needed a C5 Speedline chromed original aluminum 18" and Bob gave me the best price, delivered...no problems, about 6 mos. ago.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:07 PM
edmundu
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

OP,

I was actually in the market for OEM wheels, and was seriously going to buy from Bob, had I not come across a better deal from a fellow member.

In looking at his threads, no where does it EVER mention blemished or somehow not perfect production wheels. I am deeply saddened that he be allowed to be a forum vendor, as it is one thing to not pass up $$$, but another to allow a shifty one to prey on fellow members...

THANK YOU for being candid about your misfortune, as it most certainly helps others out, me included!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Z06 Comp Gray Spyder Wheels