Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Female zo6 owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 08:53 PM
Xx_Black-out
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'11-'12

Old 03-27-2012, 10:29 PM
160KTS
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
I own my 2009 Z06 which I've just finished modding for the track. It will be my primary track car and also daily driver as long as weather permits. It's NOT a garage queen - but I probably won't drive it in the worst of winter.

I have a friend with a performance shop, and he let me join in and work on the car when we put on new brakes, rotors, stainless brake lines. I helped in all aspects of the mods - I'm interested in doing as much as I possibly can, and at least understanding it even if I choose not to do the work myself. I've gotten quite an education just making the choices on the various mods for the car (nothing on the engine - only brakes, fluids, seats, harnesses & bar, tires).

My track car last year was a 2009 LP560-4 (Lamborghini). I still have the lambo but it will be mostly for fun events and maybe go to the local track - but not the larger venues with higher risk (Watkins Glen, Pocono, etc). Check out my garage for photos.

The Lambo brought me great joy at the track - but it's a bit too much of a risk since we can't get track insurance. The Z06 is easily insurable - not to mention easier/cheaper to maintain and repair. It makes a lot more sense, plus it's a manual, RWD - so I'll build more skills driving it than I would my egear Lambo.

The Z06 and Lambo are primarily my cars, although my husband will occasionally drive them. He is more into comfort - I'm the one with the performance addiction. He also drives at the track and we sometimes share track days, but I put a lot more track miles on than he does. I also instruct at our local track.

It's great to hear of other women owners. I have been very well received at every track I've been to. The guys seem to love having women there (for the most part) and have been encouraging to me to continue to advance. They've been generous with their time, and many say they wish their wives/GFs would participate in some way. I wasn't sure what kind of reception I'd get when I started - but it's been very positive.
I think we should be friends, well if you weren't a Steeler's fan

I'd hate to let anyone, including my boyfriend, pick any of my mods. I'm like you though (except minus the Lambo, I would absolutely love an R8 though) in that I enjoy learning about my car and tinkering with some things (brakes, oil, even headers..) but I'd prefer to learn from a professional than trying to do it in my un-equipped garage. Besides, professionals have air tools
Old 03-27-2012, 10:40 PM
Cozmo
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
CentralTX Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

I have a friend here in Austin named Tracey with a 07 Z06. She races in NCCC events and does quite well.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:10 AM
peterpiper
Pro

My wife and I both drive the Z06 and ZR1 on the street and Track... the only problem is that she will "allow" me to mod the Z06, but NOT the ZR1.... The more mods to the Z06 makes it a his (Z06) and her's (ZR1) situation....

It is great to have a partner that supports the addiction.

-pp
Old 03-28-2012, 04:33 AM
HeyDanNiceShot
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Seemed appropriate for the thread.

Last edited by HeyDanNiceShot; 03-28-2012 at 04:35 AM.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:28 AM
needmoregarage
Advanced

Originally Posted by HeyDanNiceShot
<hand-holding photo>
Seemed appropriate for the thread.

awwww.....sweet
Old 03-28-2012, 11:30 AM
SoDiezl350
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SLandstra_Z06
My wife Lainey and I both drive on track and share my fully track prepped '09 Z06 and her TPC Racing Porsche Cayman S turbo. Her's puts down 440 hp to the wheels and mine is a bit stronger at 505 to the wheels. She's equally comfortable with both cars on track, but prefers the Z06 power, torque and extra tire width of the Z. Watch out if you're on track with her. Check your ego at the door if you have an issue with "girl" drivers.

Was your wife always into cars or did you have to do some convincing? I have been wanting to get my long term gf into my hobby for a while but to no avail. I'm tempted of just buying her a Miata and getting her on hte track with me. Any advice?
Old 03-28-2012, 05:26 PM
D-Rod
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
I own my 2009 Z06 which I've just finished modding for the track. It will be my primary track car and also daily driver as long as weather permits. It's NOT a garage queen - but I probably won't drive it in the worst of winter.

I have a friend with a performance shop, and he let me join in and work on the car when we put on new brakes, rotors, stainless brake lines. I helped in all aspects of the mods - I'm interested in doing as much as I possibly can, and at least understanding it even if I choose not to do the work myself. I've gotten quite an education just making the choices on the various mods for the car (nothing on the engine - only brakes, fluids, seats, harnesses & bar, tires).

My track car last year was a 2009 LP560-4 (Lamborghini). I still have the lambo but it will be mostly for fun events and maybe go to the local track - but not the larger venues with higher risk (Watkins Glen, Pocono, etc). Check out my garage for photos.

The Lambo brought me great joy at the track - but it's a bit too much of a risk since we can't get track insurance. The Z06 is easily insurable - not to mention easier/cheaper to maintain and repair. It makes a lot more sense, plus it's a manual, RWD - so I'll build more skills driving it than I would my egear Lambo.

The Z06 and Lambo are primarily my cars, although my husband will occasionally drive them. He is more into comfort - I'm the one with the performance addiction. He also drives at the track and we sometimes share track days, but I put a lot more track miles on than he does. I also instruct at our local track.

It's great to hear of other women owners. I have been very well received at every track I've been to. The guys seem to love having women there (for the most part) and have been encouraging to me to continue to advance. They've been generous with their time, and many say they wish their wives/GFs would participate in some way. I wasn't sure what kind of reception I'd get when I started - but it's been very positive.
Are you from the Pittsburgh area? If so, where do you instuct? Beaver run (well used to be called that)? I live in Morgantown, WV and have mostly stuck to the straight stuff but want to try a road course this year.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:05 PM
Screamin Z
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Fine.. Ill bite

Old 03-28-2012, 07:22 PM
needmoregarage
Advanced

Originally Posted by D-Rod
Are you from the Pittsburgh area? If so, where do you instuct? Beaver run (well used to be called that)? I live in Morgantown, WV and have mostly stuck to the straight stuff but want to try a road course this year.
Yes - Pittsburgh area. And yes - I instruct at the former BeaveRun and now Pittsburgh International Race Complex or PittRace. Things are changing under the new ownership (I believe for the better). The first DE event is April 13 and I'm planning to be there. They should be posting more info soon on www.pittrace.com

It's a fun track. About 1.5 miles, 12 turns. There's also a great karting track with kart rentals, and a large VDA (parking lot) where they host autocross, and we also do training for private companies, or sometimes open enrollment classes - where we teach total road skills (using the track and VDA).

You should come on down - it's a blast
Old 03-28-2012, 08:55 PM
DON T.
Drifting

Originally Posted by Xx_Black-out
great looking scoops iv allways prefered the soft vrs the hard, want freeze up your teeth as much
Old 03-28-2012, 08:57 PM
DON T.
Drifting

Originally Posted by peterpiper
My wife and I both drive the Z06 and ZR1 on the street and Track... the only problem is that she will "allow" me to mod the Z06, but NOT the ZR1.... The more mods to the Z06 makes it a his (Z06) and her's (ZR1) situation....

It is great to have a partner that supports the addiction.

-pp
BOW TO THE KING!!! AND QUEEN
Old 03-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Z06_Mir
I own and drive a 2007 Z and I'm a female. I get looks pretty often and sometimes weird comments. If my boyfriend drives it he always ends up correcting people on whose car it actually is. The Z is mine, the GTO is his. We drive each others, but we both know which car belongs to who. Maybe we should just get married, we already share all the bills and drive each others cars
I would of never guessed you were a female Z06 owner, very cool.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:34 PM
bwgreen
Burning Brakes

I have an '06 zo6 and it's my daily driver! Makes me smile every morning when I hear it start up. Once in awhile I let my hubby drive if I'm feelin nice!
Old 03-29-2012, 01:42 PM
160KTS
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mopar Jimmy
I would of never guessed you were a female Z06 owner, very cool.
Yep. I don't hide it, but I sound more knowledgeable if everyone thinks I'm a man!

Not the best photo, but here's me (on the right) talking to two guys (one is Spender from West Coast Speed) about the Z and what's done to it.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:09 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Here is my Race Chick (She is C6Z Chick) on this forum. She was just parking the car after her runs.

Here she is in action.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:11 PM
GMuffley
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Love a hard drivin' woman.

Get notified of new replies

To Female zo6 owners

Old 11-01-2017, 10:27 AM
Tani Robertson
1st Gear

Default Bat out of hell

I just bought a 2016 z06 im female and i love my car. This is my third corvette in huntington beach California
Old 11-01-2017, 10:52 AM
Mr. Jean
Safety Car

Received 268 Likes on 175 Posts

Our toys are in both names, we own these two vette's now. My C6Z06 and her C5. I'm retired now and she's still working (7 years younger)and hers is her DD.
She has driven Corvette's on and off from way back in the mid 70's when she would drive my 70 454 vette and she loved the power.

I was a drag racer back then, so she learned of my need for speed early. Now 44 years later, we're still playing with toys.

Last edited by Mr. Jean; 11-01-2017 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:09 PM
LMB-Z
Le Mans Master

Received 441 Likes on 395 Posts

My wife has never driven mine. She can't push the clutch in far enough to start it. She has short legs, so she says. I think she's afraid. She knows how to drive a standard.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Female zo6 owners