Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Horsepower of LS9 without supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 02:46 PM
racerns
Melting Slicks

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Louis @ LG Motorsports
With that unplugged, we recorded about 4 psi of boost, and 420 rwhp a few years ago.

Louis
Wow, that is a little more rwhp than I expected. I only saw 2-3 psi but that was just tying to look at the gage while driving.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:16 PM
0Louis @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Small, unknown fact, the PCM will open that bypass when IAT2 gets above ~250*F I believe.

On the cars that have the wick turned up, this table can be very apparent if the car has been beat on for long period of time or the coolant for the blower wasnt properly filled/purged/burped.

Louis
Old 04-23-2012, 03:22 PM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Holy cow vendors. Can we say:

VALET SWITCH??!?!?!

How about someone put together a nice reasonably priced plug and play circuit that is controlled by a cheapie remote (just like the mild to wild switch) and activates the bypass when you have to valet the car or take it in for warranty/service to the dealership?

I can't believe GM didn't do this from the factory like they offered for the C4 ZR-1 with the valet key.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:26 PM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Location: Daytona Beach/ Atlanta---- Good Ol' Florida Boy/ Georgia
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
Holy cow vendors. Can we say:

VALET SWITCH??!?!?!

How about someone put together a nice reasonably priced plug and play circuit that is controlled by a cheapie remote (just like the mild to wild switch) and activates the bypass when you have to valet the car or take it in for warranty/service to the dealership?

I can't believe GM didn't do this from the factory like they offered for the C4 ZR-1 with the valet key.
Waste of money IMO. 430 hp is still enough to do 175mph. Also keep in mind that's 430rwhp so it would still be more powerful than a base C6. To be honest I'm more concerned with someone damaging my splitters or curbing a wheel.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:40 PM
racerns
Melting Slicks

I was thinking the same thing about the valet switch. I was suprised at the 420rwhp number because it felt like a real dog when I was driving it that way. I guess you just get use to it feeling one way. Pull it and see what I mean.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:56 PM
0Louis @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was testing boost solenoid duty cycle results and effects 3 years ago and that bypass valves job in the whole realm of the system, which is how I came across it. I might be able to dig up the graph.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:19 PM
racerns
Melting Slicks

Hey Louis did you do any testing where you kept the valve closed in the high boost condition to see what if any extra boost could be had. I doubt it would be much, maybe and extra lb in good air.

By the way I still have that picture of you and Lou under my Camaro trying to install a torque arm at the F-body event in Memphis many years ago.

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Horsepower of LS9 without supercharger?