Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Got her baaaaack

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 11:47 PM
GIO-305
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by whatcop?
lol he is crying in the corner now. He needs to come back over and get a carbon flash ZR1.

The tq gain is whats crazy.
both numbers are crazy.

it's unbelievable how they just respond to bolt-ons only.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:35 AM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Location: Daytona Beach/ Atlanta---- Good Ol' Florida Boy/ Georgia
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by GIO-305
both numbers are crazy.

it's unbelievable how they just respond to bolt-ons only.
Because of how early and how much torque there is you can't tell its a boosted car. I am sure you already know how that is lol
Old 04-25-2012, 01:08 AM
AceM8kr
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stop it... Stop it.... Stop it... Congrats!!!. Don't tell me it can go faster!!!!! This car is amazing!!
Old 04-25-2012, 01:34 AM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by AceM8kr
Stop it... Stop it.... Stop it... Congrats!!!. Don't tell me it can go faster!!!!! This car is amazing!!
Let the modding begin
Old 04-25-2012, 06:07 AM
ufaj26
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

Awesome numbers!!! Be careful with that BEAST!!!!
Old 04-25-2012, 06:53 AM
gonabite
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Those are awesome results!! I will be doing the same mods this weekend plus 1"7/8 headers and the LPE intake snout and cold air. Hopefully I will see a solid 650 at the wheel.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:21 AM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by GIO-305
Congrats. I can't believe you made 100 hp with just a upper 2.35 pulley, thats great.

I bet Fartpipe is kicking himself in the a$$ for selling the ZR1 now that you made all that power with the little mods you have done.

Don't say we told you so Brucy...
I heard this is how it went the first time GIO took his new whip out!!!
Old 04-25-2012, 08:36 AM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

lol he is crying in the corner now. He needs to come back over and get a carbon flash ZR1.

The tq gain is whats crazy.
Exactly what I'm going to mention. The torque 'pop' right off idle is AWESOME!!! Incredible under the curve gain. Hope you have a good rear tire fund going

The electric R/C car sound as you approach is kinda funny

Last edited by WhiteDiamond; 04-25-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:30 AM
AceM8kr
Heel & Toe

Can you share the details of what it cost for the mods? I shouldn't be asking these questions, because I will not be able to control myself. . But please,,, if you can....
Old 04-25-2012, 10:38 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I would do it just to hear the blower whine.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:18 AM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
I would do it just to hear the blower whine.
Give me a call I'll give you a WHINE!!
Old 04-25-2012, 11:25 AM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,100 Likes on 752 Posts

The whine of the blower is just sick. And man, that thing is loud! Awesome!
Old 04-25-2012, 11:31 AM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Congratulations and thank you for the graphs and vids. Everyone should be required to post video when they post a modded dyno chart!
Old 04-25-2012, 11:36 AM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by AceM8kr
Can you share the details of what it cost for the mods? I shouldn't be asking these questions, because I will not be able to control myself. . But please,,, if you can....
From Lingenfelter you will need the 2.35 pulley, hub, 75mm idler pulley, and the solid isolator coupler, and a new gatorback belt from them. So you are looking at about $450 in parts.

However it is rather labor intensive because you need to remove the blower snout. Lingenfelter lists a PDF on their site and its 40 pages. The gist of it is you lower the motor a few inches so you can pull the intercooler off and then the blower off. Then the snout comes off and you use a pulley puller to pull the old pulley off. Afterwards you need to machine/dremel down the nose of the snout so the new pulley can clear. You have to press on the new hub. Then drill a hole into the hub and into the shaft of the supercharger thats passing though the snout so you can pin it. Then its time to reassemble everything.

Originally Posted by gonabite
Those are awesome results!! I will be doing the same mods this weekend plus 1"7/8 headers and the LPE intake snout and cold air. Hopefully I will see a solid 650 at the wheel.
LPE is saying headers aren't needed at these boost levels. They are saying that you will lose boost pressure and basically make the same power. Thats part of the reason I have not gone ahead and done headers yet. I'll be doing a cam probably in June and then we will test an A-B on removing the cats. Basically that will open up flow a lot and will tell us if I need headers or not.

Originally Posted by Fartpipe
Give me a call I'll give you a WHINE!!

Whine about being slow
Old 04-25-2012, 11:40 AM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
Congratulations and thank you for the graphs and vids. Everyone should be required to post video when they post a modded dyno chart!
I agree lol. I can't wait to get out to Road Atlanta and come out of turn 7 with the whine in full scream mode. I am sure once I pass someone they will freak out.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Supersonic_ZR1
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

LPE is saying headers aren't needed at these boost levels. They are saying that you will lose boost pressure and basically make the same power. Thats part of the reason I have not gone ahead and done headers yet. I'll be doing a cam probably in June and then we will test an A-B on removing the cats. Basically that will open up flow a lot and will tell us if I need headers or not.

Whine about being slow
I am doing some cosmetic up-grades and one performance mod which is the Akrapovic EVO in Titanium w/Carbon Fiber tips. So I'll be interested in knowing the outcome of the using headers or not. I like what I hear and what is done with your car with minimal engineering modifications. Thanks for all the info and will be watching this thread closely.

Regards,
_Rob
Old 04-25-2012, 03:59 PM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Supersonic_ZR1
I am doing some cosmetic up-grades and one performance mod which is the Akrapovic EVO in Titanium w/Carbon Fiber tips. So I'll be interested in knowing the outcome of the using headers or not. I like what I hear and what is done with your car with minimal engineering modifications. Thanks for all the info and will be watching this thread closely.

Regards,
_Rob
I'll definitely keep everyone updated.

Get notified of new replies

To Got her baaaaack

Old 04-25-2012, 04:08 PM
Supersonic_ZR1
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll definitely keep everyone updated.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Jimmy Z
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

nice.............
Old 04-25-2012, 09:50 PM
AceM8kr
Heel & Toe

From Lingenfelter you will need the 2.35 pulley, hub, 75mm idler pulley, and the solid isolator coupler, and a new gatorback belt from them. So you are looking at about $450 in parts.

However it is rather labor intensive because you need to remove the blower snout. Lingenfelter lists a PDF on their site and its 40 pages. The gist of it is you lower the motor a few inches so you can pull the intercooler off and then the blower off. Then the snout comes off and you use a pulley puller to pull the old pulley off. Afterwards you need to machine/dremel down the nose of the snout so the new pulley can clear. You have to press on the new hub. Then drill a hole into the hub and into the shaft of the supercharger thats passing though the snout so you can pin it. Then its time to reassemble everything.

Whine about being slow
Thanks for the information. From my prospective it is probably something I should have an experienced technician do. I'm glad that parts needed are inexpensive. Maybe in the future, as I am enjoying the car in its present state.

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Got her baaaaack