Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Got her baaaaack

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 10:02 PM
gonabite
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by whatcop?
From Lingenfelter you will need the 2.35 pulley, hub, 75mm idler pulley, and the solid isolator coupler, and a new gatorback belt from them. So you are looking at about $450 in parts.

However it is rather labor intensive because you need to remove the blower snout. Lingenfelter lists a PDF on their site and its 40 pages. The gist of it is you lower the motor a few inches so you can pull the intercooler off and then the blower off. Then the snout comes off and you use a pulley puller to pull the old pulley off. Afterwards you need to machine/dremel down the nose of the snout so the new pulley can clear. You have to press on the new hub. Then drill a hole into the hub and into the shaft of the supercharger thats passing though the snout so you can pin it. Then its time to reassemble everything.

LPE is saying headers aren't needed at these boost levels. They are saying that you will lose boost pressure and basically make the same power. Thats part of the reason I have not gone ahead and done headers yet. I'll be doing a cam probably in June and then we will test an A-B on removing the cats. Basically that will open up flow a lot and will tell us if I need headers or not.

I have to say I agree with what LPE says about losing boost however with that being said you wont lose power. Boost is a measure of restriction to a point. The headers allow the blower to be more efficient. Think about this. We add a smaller pulley to make the blower spin faster i.e. move more air, which requires more fuel. Which in turn means more power. Weather you have headers or no headers or you have 16 lbs of boost or 14 lbs due to the install of the headers the blower is still moving the same amount of air because of the smaller pulley. Check out the East Coast Supercharging web page and read the article they did on a ZR1 build. Very informative. Long story short if you dont want to read it is with 2.6 upper 14% OD crank pulley (which almost equates to just a 2.35 upper alone) 1"7/8 headers and a ported snout made 722 RWHP on 93 octane. They also explain the debate of "losing boost" with headers. More efficient doesn't equate to loss of power just lower boost readings.

Whine about being slow
Old 04-25-2012, 10:10 PM
Supersonic_ZR1
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AceM8kr
Thanks for the information. From my prospective it is probably something I should have an experienced technician do. I'm glad that parts needed are inexpensive. Maybe in the future, as I am enjoying the car in its present state.
I understand where your coming from John but you'll soon find out that you will become to the use of the power and have the need for more H.P. I'm at the point to where it's time to take it too the next level.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:32 PM
AceM8kr
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Supersonic_ZR1
I understand where your coming from John but you'll soon find out that you will become to the use of the power and have the need for more H.P. I'm at the point to where it's time to take it too the next level.
You are so right! I've been bitten by the mod bug in the past, and I know I have no immunity to the effects of the bug... I will have to scope out a reputable corvette shop in the bay area in CA, so when I'm ready, I can move forward.

Last edited by AceM8kr; 04-25-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:32 AM
narush
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

lol he is crying in the corner now. He needs to come back over and get a carbon flash ZR1.

The tq gain is whats crazy.
the injectors are going on tomorrow.

I am hoping to have the same type of results or more witht he bigger injectors. Great numbers indeed
Old 04-26-2012, 11:30 AM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Location: Daytona Beach/ Atlanta---- Good Ol' Florida Boy/ Georgia
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by narush

I am hoping to have the same type of results or more witht he bigger injectors. Great numbers indeed
This I definitely want to see. Tuner said I was only at about 15* of timing and injector cycle was at 80%.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:41 AM
narush
Melting Slicks

I am going to PM you my number and we can talk

We also have some difference in mods so yes it will be intereesting also my car should be cold I may jsut have it towed up to the shop.

Last edited by narush; 04-26-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:24 PM
jimman
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Didn't realize there was that much drive train loss
Old 04-26-2012, 02:59 PM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by jimman
Didn't realize there was that much drive train loss
A 15% drivetrain loss would put the car at 542 stock. I'm a little under that at 535 but keep in mind it wasn't done as an ideal pull. It was slightly warm and no fan in front of the car. Then keep in mind the ZR1 has a much beefier clutch system so there is more drivetrain loss compared to the Z06.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:52 PM
narush
Melting Slicks

^^Nice to meet you and enjoyed the conversation will stay in touch
Old 04-26-2012, 06:18 PM
GIO-305
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

When will you be up and running with the mods?
Old 04-26-2012, 08:05 PM
narush
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by GIO-305
When will you be up and running with the mods?
All mods are installed. Just had to have injectors installed then next week I will have it tuned. I am hoping car runs good with 80 injectors and no tune. If it acts up I will just tow it to the tuner he is only an hour drive from me.

Sorry to hear how they mistreated you and wish you could sue the business right from them for it.

Can't wait to get your cooler either just saying
:-)

Last edited by narush; 04-26-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:38 PM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

^^Nice to meet you and enjoyed the conversation will stay in touch
Same man. Give me a holler whenever. Just don't give that Fartpipe guy my number. Then he will try to become part of the cool crowd.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:53 PM
Quiky One
Pro

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

All mods are installed. Just had to have injectors installed then next week I will have it tuned. I am hoping car runs good with 80 injectors and no tune. If it acts up I will just tow it to the tuner he is only an hour drive from me.

Sorry to hear how they mistreated you and wish you could sue the business right from them for it.

Better get your towing setup then. No way can you drive an hour on 80's with a stock 52 lb tune.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:08 PM
Alexis58
5th Gear

Probably seeing as how my tune is toned down quite a bit.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:55 AM
LS9Drew
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by AceM8kr
You are so right! I've been bitten by the mod bug in the past, and I know I have no immunity to the effects of the bug... I will have to scope out a reputable corvette shop in the bay area in CA, so when I'm ready, I can move forward.
Go to Synergy Motorsports in Fremont, CA he's the most reputable tuning shop in Nor Cal.
http://www.synergymotorsports.net/

Another fly by:

this just sounds so awesome congrats on the results must feel crazy
Old 04-27-2012, 06:18 AM
narush
Melting Slicks

Same man. Give me a holler whenever. Just don't give that Fartpipe guy my number. Then he will try to become part of the cool crowd.
Roger that he is crazy as hell
Old 04-27-2012, 06:19 AM
narush
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Quiky One
Better get your towing setup then. No way can you drive an hour on 80's with a stock 52 lb tune.
Thanks I am driving it from my friends shop which is about 30 miles from my house after injectors are installed.

Get notified of new replies

To Got her baaaaack

Old 04-27-2012, 10:33 AM
AceM8kr
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by LS7 DREW
Go to Synergy Motorsports in Fremont, CA he's the most reputable tuning shop in Nor Cal.
http://www.synergymotorsports.net/

this just sounds so awesome congrats on the results must feel crazy
Thanks"
Old 04-27-2012, 11:53 AM
JMBLOWNWS6
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 77 Posts

Congrats brotha! Sorry Ive been MIA. Getting ready for the races. Congrats!!
Old 04-27-2012, 07:05 PM
GIO-305
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As long as you dont get on it you will be fine. The car will drive fine with the mods and no tune. As for the injectors you might smell fuel when your driving with out the tune.

I will call Taylor Monday to see where we at to see when I can get the cooler to you

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Got her baaaaack