Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Carbon fiber mud flaps

Old 05-03-2012, 07:35 AM
gonabite
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Carbon fiber mud flaps

I have searched a few different vendors and have not been able to find a nice carbon fiber replacement for the crappy plastic mud flaps on our cars. Does anyone know of a vendor who sells a quality CF flap. I just purchased a CF spoiler and rear diffuser from APR and would love to finish this off with the mud flaps. Thanks for any help with this.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:24 AM
barduch
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gonabite
I have searched a few different vendors and have not been able to find a nice carbon fiber replacement for the crappy plastic mud flaps on our cars. Does anyone know of a vendor who sells a quality CF flap. I just purchased a CF spoiler and rear diffuser from APR and would love to finish this off with the mud flaps. Thanks for any help with this.
You might try Cianci C7, I have a diffuser from them and I am quite pleased with the quality. I really like CF pieces and have an ebay search alert for it. A set of side skirts and the rear wheel well front guards popped up this morning and looks interesting. It is advertised as 100% CF. The seller is boosted_85. I tried to post a link but found out that you can't post an ebay link. I'll bet that the guards could be purchased separately. I did buy the hydrocarbon rear mud flaps from John at floridavettes and I am quite pleased with those. Perhaps I am too easily pleased. Also bought a real CF steering wheel recently, from an aerospace fabricator in Florida, and I really like the way it plays off of the rest of the CF on the ZR1. If you find any other good resources for CF please let us all know.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:02 PM
gonabite
Pro

Thanks for the info. Rear flaps look awesome.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

I have the same diffuser and rear splash guards and they are nice.
The seller of the splash guards is good as long as you don't need to talk to him or have any issues whatsoever. If you do have a problem arise...................

Old 05-03-2012, 10:52 PM
Supersonic_ZR1
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gonabite
I also purchased the same pieces from APR and was wondering if these mud flaps are going to have an issue as well. Like you, I would like to get rid of the cheap looking plastic mud flaps and complete the C/F finish.

Originally Posted by Racer
The seller of the splash guards is good as long as you don't need to talk to him or have any issues whatsoever. If you do have a problem arise...................
This could be a problem. Spending good money for a product and then the fitment arises because of the conflict of two different companies.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:42 AM
gonabite
Pro

Originally Posted by Racer

Your car looks great! That was my second choice of color. I went with white. Was it the fitment or the quality of the product? Thanks for the info.

Get notified of new replies

To Carbon fiber mud flaps

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [ZR1] Carbon fiber mud flaps