Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] A/C issues: any experts ????

Old 08-13-2012, 10:58 PM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by millerjj
I just got my car back from headers, cam and Varram cold air. My ac stops working at idle then works as soon as I get going. The A/C worked perfect before. Do you think it is the cold air doing it. I noticed it blocks alot the front of the car now
Yep. It's what the post above states. These cai's sometimes inhibit air moving across the condenser. (That coil unit in front of your radiator.) It has to be able to throw off the built up heat for it to work properly.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:00 PM
VetteVinnie
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,642 Likes on 1,050 Posts

Originally Posted by millerjj
I just got my car back from headers, cam and Varram cold air. My ac stops working at idle then works as soon as I get going. The A/C worked perfect before. Do you think it is the cold air doing it. I noticed it blocks alot the front of the car now
I had this exact problem as mentioned above. I ditched the Vararam and went to a Callaway Honker to improve things quite a bit. I recently ceramic coated the headers to cut down on the under-hood temperatures. So far, so good.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:08 PM
TEXHAWK0
Le Mans Master

Received 787 Likes on 539 Posts

When the AC quits working, does the compressor light on the control head flash or turn off?
Old 06-29-2014, 07:01 PM
BabGirl
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC light flashes/ then goes off

my Ac on my 98 has always been great, last year I wasn't getting enough air coming out. we found a vaccum like broke, got that fixed and now the ac light just flashes when we push it on and it won't stay on.and the ac will not come on.
what could be my problem now?
Old 06-29-2014, 10:13 PM
AzMotorhead
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 97 Likes on 68 Posts

I haven't seen a flashing AC light on a GM car that I can recall.
I have seen it on Toyotas and it signals low refrigerant charge
Old 06-29-2014, 11:04 PM
2019 ZR1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 447 Likes on 315 Posts

I have a 2013 Z and before I got my supercharger and intake and headers on mine did the thing. It hasn't happened since everything was put on and tuned.
Old 03-20-2016, 05:16 AM
sheldonsmith
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I've been a wrench for years, but A/C is something I know little about and have only been working into it for the last few years, never had any formal training with it, just a bit of education from others. I have a couple of troubleshooting questions that I hoped someone with experience can help me with.Then i contact AIR CONDITIONING REPAIR CYPRESS.They solve my problem with great care.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] A/C issues: any experts ????