Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Looking for a Corvette shop in Denver

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 08:08 PM
NospdLimit
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13
Default Looking for a Corvette shop in Denver

Anyone recommend a shop in the Denver area for a clutch install on my 2008 Z06?
Old 11-08-2012, 08:11 PM
xcutter
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by NospdLimit
Anyone recommend a shop in the Denver area for a clutch install on my 2008 Z06?
They are all getting high right now
Old 11-08-2012, 08:33 PM
NospdLimit
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by xcutter
They are all getting high right now
I would bet there are more people smoking dope and snorting coke in your state!
Old 11-08-2012, 08:40 PM
383ystrim
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I have had some pretty good success with Mac Autosport in Parker CO. Good guys. They did a heads/cam/header swap on my car recently and I made 617rwhp/565rwtq.....
Old 11-08-2012, 10:20 PM
NospdLimit
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by 383ystrim
I have had some pretty good success with Mac Autosport in Parker CO. Good guys. They did a heads/cam/header swap on my car recently and I made 617rwhp/565rwtq.....
Thanks
Old 02-08-2013, 01:00 AM
Dannywg
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please tell me a good shop in denver for procharger pulley allignment

Hi this is my first post here and don't know how to start a thread, so I'm asking my question under this Denver shop thread. Can anyone please tell me a good shop that is in Denver that is experienced with prochargers and their chirping belt issues. I know mine is chirping because of the allignment of pulleys. John elways had know clue what to do, can you guys suggest a shop that can allign these superchargers well and is aware of this issue. Thanks. Oh I just moved here.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:45 AM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

the only shop I have dealt with in Denver is American Intense Racing. Clint is the owner. they did few Prochargers installs on different cars and I think he will be able to help you. PM me if you need more info since he is not a vendor here.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Dannywg
Intermediate

Thanks what about Corvette connections. I read on their site they install prochargers on begged, but I want to make sure I go somewhere honest that will address the pulley alignment and not just try to sell me on a new 8 rib system or an a&a bracket. That's the big complaint I've heard is people say every shop is trying to upsell instead of just fixing the 6 rib system that works just fine. I'm only running 7 lbs of boost so 6 should be fine. Please message me their info, thanks.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:08 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Dannywg
Thanks what about Corvette connections. I read on their site they install prochargers on begged, but I want to make sure I go somewhere honest that will address the pulley alignment and not just try to sell me on a new 8 rib system or an a&a bracket. That's the big complaint I've heard is people say every shop is trying to upsell instead of just fixing the 6 rib system that works just fine. I'm only running 7 lbs of boost so 6 should be fine. Please message me their info, thanks.
if it was me, they will never see my car. I have heard to many horror stories about them and I know they are EXPENSIVE too. so no.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Dannywg
Intermediate

I've decided on dragon racing as it seems you guys have good things to say about them, and I just got off the phone with them and they seemed very knowledgable about procharger pulley allignment issues and fixing them. If all goes well I'll get my blower cam installed after tax return. I'm excited to find a good performance shop here as I was scared, as I moved from Arizona where we had a vette shop on every corner. If they take good care of me I'll be sure to let you guys know as I've always been very loyal when I find a good shop. My car is a low 11 second car in az. I know the cam will put me in mid 10s, of course with my mickey Thompson ets on,lol.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Dannywg
Intermediate

Thanks walham as I've read a few other bad ones on Corvette connection. I need and honest a good shop.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:57 PM
bob04zo6
Cruising

Go with Deagon Racing great guys
Old 02-10-2013, 06:58 PM
Dannywg
Intermediate

Thanks guys and thanks walham for the pm, it taught me a lot.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:22 PM
5280Racer
Drifting

Dragon Pro Street is a good choice, Pete the owner is an extremely knowledgeable guy.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:49 AM
Dannywg
Intermediate

Well dragon racing found out it was the procharger bracket that was bad and fixed it, but my Corvette is having lots more problems, plus passing emissions. I just bought the kooks green cats, and I'm gonna have Corvette connections install them, fix some leaks, change fuel filter,a tune, and fix clunking noise when I turn left. I'm on a budget so its been a long process to fixing things. Rich from Corvette connections has been so supportive and friendly and i haven't spent a dollar with them yet so that's the way you earn my respect, so I trust him and will have them do my repairs. Dragon diagnosed my problem and fixed it, but I only give them a b+ versus an a because they never followed up with me after to see how everything is working, but they did fix it so thumbs up, for work performed just not customer service. I just put in new plugs and wires and their acting up as I could not get a click on any of the plug wire boots. Oh well I'm sure my tune will tell if their firing correctly. Well I'm excited to get all this fixed and join the Corvette scene here and race with you guys. I'm looking to get in the 10 et up hereo
Old 04-14-2013, 12:39 AM
erichg1000
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

good luck getting 10s in altitude
Old 04-14-2013, 12:55 AM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by erichg1000
good luck getting 10s in altitude
Not too hard... Its been done N/a with less than 600whp SAE corrected... So a blower should be even easier.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for a Corvette shop in Denver

Old 04-14-2013, 12:56 AM
erichg1000
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by walhan_qtr
Not too hard... Its been done N/a with less than 600whp SAE corrected... So a blower should be even easier.
I guess i mean low 10s. hard to believe all these people in FL and TX with my same mods are not gonna be faster than me. But if so.. then good for me
Old 04-14-2013, 06:50 AM
Bgreenard
Go Fast

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

I met the Dragon guys a few years back. They seemed to be on their game.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:48 AM
Dannywg
Intermediate

My car did consistant low 11's in az and hit high 10's a few times on cold nights in low alttitude so this mile high track will be a whole new experience, but I have mickey Thompson ets,stall,373,bult tranny etc, so I'm working with much more than just horsepower, but Im having Corvette connections put a smaller pulley on with new tune so I'm guessing about 10psi on my d1sc. I'm also curious to how the kooks green cats will perform on the dyno. My car is not a big dyno queen with built auto, built diff,373's, but its fast. Dragon racing did do a good job in diagnosing my belt problem and fixing it, but I always believe in a shop following up after and seeing how the car is doing, but overall thumbs up for them. I've just been overly impressed by rich from Corvette connections as he personalizes with you and your car, and he understands your budget and the best things to do within it. I believe that with more boost and good launch I could possibly see high 10s up here, but who knows till I try.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Looking for a Corvette shop in Denver