Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] What do You Think Our Z06's will be Worth Over the Next Few Years?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 09:37 PM
skip89
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default A lot of these

same arguments were said on this forum years ago. The C5 was ready to come out, people were sure you could not mod the new LS engine and computer,and the 1996 Grand Sport C4 had an amazing 330 HP.
We all sold our C4 cars and moved to the C5 then the C6 and now here comes the C7. How much in proportion are C4 cars worth and how fast are they. I loved the ZO6 cars I had but they are going down in price, dealers are trying to sell high. But try and sell a current Z to a dealer and see what it is really worth. Unless they are ripping you on a trade in deal. Good luck guys and keep believing,
Old 01-10-2013, 10:14 PM
rockinSeat
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

If you're going to work in the defense industry, you need to have a tough stomach, because the funding problem comes up every 6 mos or so. be the best at what you do, keep a fresh coat of paint on your house, and keep your resume up to date.

and IMHO, yes,the c7 will be awesome and as corvette fans, we know so. But, it will cost more and it will be a couple more years before the z cars come out.

but soon cafe stds will hit and our cars might hold value well during the first few years. i imagine way down the road, the electrics will beat everybody at the strip anyway. thefastest time at my trip to the strip thisyear was by an electric bike
Old 01-10-2013, 11:42 PM
RFZ
Melting Slicks

Received 238 Likes on 119 Posts

my z is gonna be worth a lot less and have a lot more wear in a few years than it does today
Old 01-11-2013, 12:38 AM
THE BLACK WIDOW
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bottom line is....

I can't wait until the new c7Z's come out so I can crack them in my little old bolt on C6Z!!

J
Old 01-11-2013, 01:28 AM
z10
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Being 58, having cut my teeth on a 3 year old, 68 Z/28 and having owned many cars over this time, I've learned that the true pleasure for me is driving them. I've also accepted the fact that cars are a lousy investments and the only car I've ever owned that actually appreciated is my 69 Z/10 Camaro. I bought the car right, (even 13 years ago) and the car is now worth at least double what I paid for it. The car is very limited production, some say 300 to 500 examples total, with maybe 150 remaining. That's one car out of maybe 35, and I'm including my 06 Z in the loosing column.

I get so tickled at Z owners who are so proud that their cars have sub 5,000 miles on the clock. They are going to get a rude awakening when they finally decide to sell. The first owner of my car sure did. He owned the car for almost 48 months and sold the car to me in June of 09 for $43k and 3,600 miles, after getting into a financial jam. That's an average 75 miles per month. The car was supposedly the first 06 Z in Iowa and you know he did not get a deal on this car when they first came out. How sad, to have owned such a great car and not drive it much.

So, for the past 42 months, I've driven this wonderful car as often as time and weather permit. I'll roll over 30k miles in the next couple of months. I'm not exactly running this thing in the ground but I'm averaging about 630 miles per month. What's my car worth today? Maybe $36-$38K? That's pretty cheap fun for a guy that loves to drive.

As I look into the future, I'm confident this car will continue to depreciate. Will it stop one day? Of course all Vettes do, and may actually turn up. By then, I'm sure I'll be fussing with my daughters to let me stay behind the wheel.

So, here's the plan; I'm going to drive the thing until it's no fun anymore or I can't push the clutch in. Then I'm going to give it to my grandson, who will enter this world next Tuesday. I figure by the time He's 40, he'll be about old enough to appreciate the car and handle it's immense capabilities. And I will smile.

PS: I did the math, that makes me 98 when I relinguish the fob.

Last edited by z10; 01-11-2013 at 01:30 AM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] What do You Think Our Z06's will be Worth Over the Next Few Years?