Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Hot engine air conditioning off $#@^%#$@^%$#%

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 08:44 PM
Hercules Rockefeller
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hot engine air conditioning off $#@^%#$@^%$#%

I get this message EVERY TIME I drive my car! Every time! And the only way to reset the thing is to disconnect the battery and reconnect it. It's gotten so bad that I'm thinking of mounting a hard on/off switch for the electrical power in the car to make it easier to disconnect the power. I know I have upgraded a lot of the cooling systems, louvered the hood, removed the A/C, so it does take my car a while to get up to temperature. But if it takes the car too long (and it always does in the winter), I get this message: "HOT ENGINE AIR CONDITIONING OFF". I don't even have air conditioning! Is there any code that can be disabled to eliminate this message once and for all!?! It's driving me nuts!
Old 02-19-2013, 09:26 PM
rattt g
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

[QUOTE=Hercules Rockefeller;1583167963]I get this message EVERY TIME I drive my car! Every time! And the only way to reset the thing is to disconnect the battery and reconnect it. It's gotten so bad that I'm thinking of mounting a hard on/off switch for the electrical power in the car to make it easier to disconnect the power. I know I have upgraded a lot of the cooling systems, louvered the hood, removed the A/C, so it does take my car a while to get up to temperature. But if it takes the car too long (and it always does in the winter), I get this message: "HOT ENGINE AIR CONDITIONING OFF". I don't even have air conditioning! Is there any code that can be disabled to eliminate this message once and for all!?! It's driving me nuts! [/QUOTE
change thermastat i had same problem
Old 02-19-2013, 10:55 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

check you coolant sensor plug, also i had my wires broken just before the plug and had it put in a new plug a few inches down the line, works great now

also yes i think you can turn this code off in hp tuners
Old 02-20-2013, 01:58 AM
Hercules Rockefeller
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dvandentop
check you coolant sensor plug, also i had my wires broken just before the plug and had it put in a new plug a few inches down the line, works great now

also yes i think you can turn this code off in hp tuners
I don't really want to mess with the thermostat it works well for what I want, the sensor itself is also OK. What I really need to do is to disable the code itself, it's the only real "fix" that my car needs. Any idea which code it is?
Old 02-20-2013, 09:03 AM
OEFastZ06
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Check the connector to your fan. If the connector has a short in it, the fan will not run with the air condition on. I had this happen to me this past summer. This is the wire that comes from your fans and connects to the wire harness between your fans and engine.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:32 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
I don't really want to mess with the thermostat it works well for what I want, the sensor itself is also OK. What I really need to do is to disable the code itself, it's the only real "fix" that my car needs. Any idea which code it is?
scan the codes next time this pops up and it will be in there cant recall off top of my head what actual code is

Get notified of new replies

To Hot engine air conditioning off $#@^%#$@^%$#%

Quick Reply: [Z06] Hot engine air conditioning off $#@^%#$@^%$#%