Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] "Ideas for Sticky Thread LS7 Valve Guide/Valve and Head issues"

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 12:45 PM
Frankie2blue
Melting Slicks

Received 272 Likes on 144 Posts

I like reading the various takes and threads on this issue. I never read the sticky's as there is just too much stuff to dig through. I just pass over all the battles and mud slinging in the various threads and move on after i feel i learned what i wanted to know. I think things should stay the way they are and if the multiple threads bother any one group of people, well then just ignore the threads. Seems like the path of least resistance to me.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Crossofiron
Drifting

Received 150 Likes on 50 Posts

Thank you for taking this subject on as it is becoming a sounding board for continued anger and personal attacks.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:11 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Originally Posted by Crossofiron
Thank you for taking this subject on as it is becoming a sounding board for continued anger and personal attacks.
and based on some of the hostile responses here, who are actually some of the main culprits I can see this is going nowhere.

I have no issue with people that disagree with the idea of Sticky, Bill and a few others gave a civil thought out response and I appreciate that

To the rest and other majority who obviously enjoy reading the same threads over and over and over , have at it. In my mind this is a dead issue, especially now that Katech is starting to post up test results. This is the only real new and valid information (assuming GM magically does not again speak up which we know won't happen) that we will ever see.

Other than that, we will continue to see blown engines here and there and continue the same ol debates over and over. New threads come up, and will continue to get started with the same exact questions that have or have not been answerd again and again.

I got no less than 15 PM's this week from others afraid to post up and offer some type of suggestion to improve the forum here, but did not want to be subject to some of negativity that you can see in this very thread.

To the Moderators, maybe these threads can be moved to C6 Tech from now on? Most of the discussion that is worth anything is quite technical in nature.

Last edited by FrankTank; 06-20-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:01 PM
Mark2009
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Crossofiron
That personal attacks, such as the ones below, are allowed to flourish unabated should not result in the technical discussion being buried. That would be throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Originally Posted by FrankTank
and based on some of the hostile responses here, who are actually some of the main culprits [...]
Originally Posted by FrankTank
Thanks! It's interesting to see some of the negative responses to even a suggestion of just compiling the information. Just proves the point that some folks are here just to promote negativity and enjoy just arguing for the sake of argument, and are here just to stir the pot.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:11 PM
Jawnathin
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree that the information should all be in one place, but I don't think a single thread is the answer. Way too much cross talk. I'd hate to see some vital pieces of information or good discussion get lost in one giant thread.

I'd recommend a small subforum specific towards the LS7 Internals. It meets the goal by isolating the discussion into a single area but still gives you or any other poster the ability to have a new thread/discussion/topic as its appropriate.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:20 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Originally Posted by Mark200X
That personal attacks, such as the ones below, are allowed to flourish unabated should not result in the technical discussion being buried. That would be throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
if this ain't the pot calling the Kettle black I don't know what is. Notice how you are the only one who responded in the manner you did? In fact this thread scares the hell out of you because you have NOTHING to offer or contribute , and based on the arrogance you display many here dismiss your ideas and thoughts on the matter all together.

I do have to thank you though, I can't stop laughing at you, it's great entertainment to watch you operate.

yea please continue to enlighten us sir with your infinite wisdom ... GMAFB

MODS, go ahead and lock this thread. There are some good suggestions here, not sure if they will work. It was worth the try.
Thanks

Last edited by FrankTank; 06-20-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] "Ideas for Sticky Thread LS7 Valve Guide/Valve and Head issues"