Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Photo of Ambient Temp Sensor On Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 11:13 AM
urslooow
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Photo of Ambient Temp Sensor On Car

Guys I'm having the same issue with the Outside Temp Sensor reading bad and reading very very low when wet so that when it rains temp reads -18 and I can't use a/c and windows fog. almost wrecked the other day! I need a Photo of Ambient Temp Sensor On Car, does anyone have it? if u can't post email it to me at z06man@bellsouth.net. thx
Old 07-15-2013, 11:19 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Right up front, mounted on the radiator shroud on passenger side.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:22 AM
wolf8218
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Motorhead-47
Standing on the passenger side looking down along the black plastic shroud in front of the radiator you'll see the connector. There is a plastic push pin holding it to the shroud (I have a tie wrap there in the photo) and it can be a challenge to pull that pin. If you stick a flashlight into the front grill you'll see the probe protruding through the shroud.

Here it is.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:42 PM
erichg1000
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The above pic is the backside of the sensor. The front side is viewed from the front through the mouth of the car.

AND on a side note - this is BS. I hate the HVAC system in this car (along with every other "automatic" system). What is so wrong with 3 ***** and two buttons? I had no idea the HVAC was dependent on the outside AT stat.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:18 PM
JDaniel
Senior Badass!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Sounds like the sensor itself or the wiring going to it is shorting with the wet weather. I would break out a schematic and do a pin to pin on the wiring before purchasing a new sensor. If the pin to pin works out then I would certainly invest in a new sensor.

Get notified of new replies

To Photo of Ambient Temp Sensor On Car

Quick Reply: [Z06] Photo of Ambient Temp Sensor On Car