Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Auto Blip

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 06:27 PM
darr3239
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLW BY
This is BS, you don't want or even need that for street driving on spirited drives or canyon hauling. But to each his own. This type of driver's technique is only advantageous for track use.
So the auto blip is BS too, and costs almost $400? The argument you presented goes both ways.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:27 PM
rabrooks
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying24
How's it working out for you?
As it turns out, I don't like it very well. I'll be happy to sell it to you at a discounted price. It is a very neat little package. And it has a lot of adjustment in it. Where my problem is, if I enter a braking zone and I press the brake then the clutch, all is well. But if I stay on the brake and press the clutch again to go down one more gear, NO BLIP. The last thing I want to do is to take my foot off the brake when braking from 160 to 60. So I get the first blip, but when I let out the clutch and instantly press it again for the next downshift, I get no blip. The Blip is apparently controlled by the brake pulse and not the brake and/or the clutch. But two gear shifts are required. I don't like jumping two gears in a down shift.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:36 PM
rabrooks
Drifting

I'm very interested in this, I just did Level 3 at Spring Mountain in the C7. The C7 has auto blip it's seriously so sweet, make you get lazy after you learn Heel Toe. But also the C7 pedals are closer together as well as the gas pedal is anchored to the floor. Which alone made it easier, but once you get a taste of the auto blip your spoiled. Then you can quite thinking about it and concentrate more on entry speed. I just need hear more peoples experiences before I move on it. I would love to have it before my next event.
The C7, has the gas pedal down all the time during changing gears mode. I don't know what they call it, but, press the gas and leave it there, when you press the clutch a control takes over to prevent over rev and induces the auto blip.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:38 PM
franman69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Is this really how it works?? When I read the instructions (online) I thought it said that the Fully depressed Clutch is what triggers the blip "WHEN the Brake is also pressed"... This is how you would shift during threshold breaking on the track... You would be braking hard and then you would press in the clutch to initiate the down shift?? You're saying this works for your (first) down shift, but after letting out the clutch, it will not blip again UNLESS you release the brake?? Hmmm.. this doesn't sound right.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:44 PM
rabrooks
Drifting

Originally Posted by franman69
Is this really how it works?? When I read the instructions (online) I thought it said that the Fully depressed Clutch is what triggers the blip "WHEN the Brake is also pressed"... This is how you would shift during threshold breaking on the track... You would be braking hard and then you would press in the clutch to initiate the down shift?? You're saying this works for your (first) down shift, but after letting out the clutch, it will not blip again UNLESS you release the brake?? Hmmm.. this doesn't sound right.
Yes, that is correct. The instructions I read, as I remember, it states that auto blip happens when the two are pressed simultaneously. So that leads me to believe that the first one works fine and the second one should work exactly the same because both are pressed simultaneously. But, it doesn't work that way. With my setup, the brake must be released and pressed again to create the second BLIP. So, at least with my little black box, it is fully dependent on the brake press and release to reset for the next BLIP
Old 11-04-2013, 08:46 PM
franman69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rabrooks
The C7, has the gas pedal down all the time during changing gears mode. I don't know what they call it, but, press the gas and leave it there, when you press the clutch a control takes over to prevent over rev and induces the auto blip.
They call it "Auto Rev matching"... and that's what we all really want.. This box is the closest I've seen for the C6 so far.. but....
Old 11-04-2013, 08:50 PM
rabrooks
Drifting

Originally Posted by franman69
They call it "Auto Rev matching"... and that's what we all really want.. This box is the closest I've seen for the C6 so far.. but....
Yeah "BUT"

I suppose its possible I have a bad unit. Maybe the person that sold it to me monitors this thread and wants to protect his/her reputation and make things right with me.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Werks
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Yeah "BUT"

I suppose its possible I have a bad unit. Maybe the person that sold it to me monitors this thread and wants to protect his/her reputation and make things right with me.
No offence but this product is made by a business. Instead of expecting them to "protect his/her reputation and make things right with you" by hopefully monitoring this thread and contacting you. Why don't take a minute to look up the telephone number or e-mail address of the company that made it and contact them to see if you have your unit set up properly and/or if it will do what you are looking for? I have a feeling that you are going to get a better result than sitting around hoping that who ever you got it from might possibly read this thread lol.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:22 PM
rabrooks
Drifting

Originally Posted by Werks
No offence but this product is made by a business. Instead of expecting them to "protect his/her reputation and make things right with you" by hopefully monitoring this thread and contacting you. Why don't take a minute to look up the telephone number or e-mail address of the company that made it and contact them to see if you have your unit set up properly and/or if it will do what you are looking for? I have a feeling that you are going to get a better result than sitting around hoping that who ever you got it from might possibly read this thread lol.
I'll take you up on that. I'll post back tomorrow with my results

Email sent to Auto Blip

Last edited by rabrooks; 11-04-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:31 AM
BLW BY
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

As it turns out, I don't like it very well. I'll be happy to sell it to you at a discounted price. It is a very neat little package. And it has a lot of adjustment in it. Where my problem is, if I enter a braking zone and I press the brake then the clutch, all is well. But if I stay on the brake and press the clutch again to go down one more gear, NO BLIP. The last thing I want to do is to take my foot off the brake when braking from 160 to 60. So I get the first blip, but when I let out the clutch and instantly press it again for the next downshift, I get no blip. The Blip is apparently controlled by the brake pulse and not the brake and/or the clutch. But two gear shifts are required. I don't like jumping two gears in a down shift.
I think you may have a nervous clutch foot, not letting the clutch all the way out. Try adjusting the switch, at the top, on the clutch pedal to give you more latitude. The delay and that switch work together for each one's driving style. If it works on the first down shift it will on all subsequent down shifts provided your foot is still on the brake and the clutch is pressed and fully released.

This product works as advertised.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:39 AM
Mike.D
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah "BUT"

you have a bad unit. I installed my auto blip last week and tested it at Streets of Willow Yesterday. I broke my track record, and it worked great. I was pounding my brakes downshifting 2 gears without brake release and it worked perfect.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:01 AM
rabrooks
Drifting

That's good to know. I received an email from them stating the same thing. They have given me a few tests to try. Maybe I can get it resolved.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:31 AM
Flying24
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I was using the C7 Auto Blip like a crutch. I still did the blip over or at time near the same time the car did it. But no brake was required just down shift and it blipped. When you speak of the gas pedal down all the time I'm not quite following.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:39 AM
Flying24
Burning Brakes

I would be interested but I have a 2008. Looking on the wed site 2009 and up is a different model. If not I'll get back with you for sure, I would think it be triggered by the clutch, at least on the C7 it would blip then and if I hesitate at all I would still do additional blip manually before letting out the clutch.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:44 AM
Flying24
Burning Brakes

I'll take you up on that. I'll post back tomorrow with my results

Email sent to Auto Blip
Old 11-05-2013, 07:51 AM
rabrooks
Drifting

I was using the C7 Auto Blip like a crutch. I still did the blip over or at time near the same time the car did it. But no brake was required just down shift and it blipped. When you speak of the gas pedal down all the time I'm not quite following.
Gas pedal down all the time is in reference to up shift, not down shift. Its like speed shifting but the computer controls the revs so you don't over rev. So, the C7 works in both directions
Old 11-05-2013, 07:53 AM
Flying24
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by savaGe
you have a bad unit. I installed my auto blip last week and tested it at Streets of Willow Yesterday. I broke my track record, and it worked great. I was pounding my brakes downshifting 2 gears without brake release and it worked perfect.

Get notified of new replies

To Auto Blip

Old 11-05-2013, 08:05 AM
Flying24
Burning Brakes

Gas pedal down all the time is in reference to up shift, not down shift. Its like speed shifting but the computer controls the revs so you don't over rev. So, the C7 works in both directions
Yes, you can do that. But I think if the car is in very active traction control setting. This car has PTM which at times would drive like a dog because of the tires. C7 tires are horrible for tracking unless you leave the PTM system on. I ran in Track mode or Sport 2 to keep the PTM from making feel as if I was driving a 6 cylinder. By lunch time there was so much tire scraps/marbles on the track it sound as if you were on a gravel road. Sometime it would get it the hub areas and make you think you had bigger problems. A number of times, drivers came to the pits to get it checked. Also second to last session car behind me had a load valve train noise and low oil pressure. Never found out what happen, they were still looking at it when everyone left. But I said I wonder if the rubber knock something off.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:07 AM
Flying24
Burning Brakes

Where my problem is, if I enter a braking zone and I press the brake then the clutch, all is well. But if I stay on the brake and press the clutch again to go down one more gear, NO BLIP. The last thing I want to do is to take my foot off the brake when braking from 160 to 60.
Where do you track at?
Old 11-05-2013, 08:36 AM
rabrooks
Drifting

Where do you track at?
VIR. I'll be there Nov 11, 12.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Auto Blip