Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] My Sumbich gets a Sumbich!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 05:11 PM
Turbotank
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My Sumbich gets a Sumbich!

Haha, well the title really should read my "Failed Wiggle test after owning the car for two weeks leads to WCCH/Cam/Headers/Corsa and K&N Cold air"

This will serve as my log to keep updates in. I bought the car with 69K miles out of Miami. She was pretty well taken care of, definitely not a garage queen but still in great shape.

I also want to start off by saying I didn't buy into the head issues hype I wasn't even going to bother checking mine but figured it was to easy of a check to not do it. Turns out my guides were well past service tolerance.. So time to get heads done and anyone that knows me knows I cant crack into an engine and not put a cam in. So since not only my heads were bad but three other guys in our little group also had bad guides. We talked to Kevin at vengeance and they had two sets of WCCH's on the shelf and had two more already at WCCH so We decided to get everything through them.

I pulled the trigger on the Sumbich (247/258 .661/.652 112+4) It should be a beast of a cam. Didnt milled the heads much .010 and went with a c5r timing chain and trunion upgrade... Im not sold on the C5r timing chain, its the most expensive chain ive ever bought so time will tell. I also replaced the lifters while I had it apart.

Heres a few Pics and Open header startup vid on the stock tune, Ill have full exhaust on it tonight and get another video.

Old 02-24-2014, 05:21 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

c5r chain is well worth it. Jon6.0 did a cam and didn't replace his chain, few thousand miles later is snapped. He regrets not doing the c5r chain.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:46 PM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

MAN ya'll work fast!

It was a pleasure meeting all of you, and glad that you are liking the cam as much as we knew you would

We look forward to seeing ya'll again in March!
Old 02-24-2014, 06:02 PM
wlean99
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St Jude Donor '14

sounds like a BEAST! ILIKE IT!
Old 02-24-2014, 06:27 PM
"NO SHOW"
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by David@Vengeance
MAN ya'll work fast!

It was a pleasure meeting all of you, and glad that you are liking the cam as much as we knew you would

We look forward to seeing ya'll again in March!
Same here David, thanks for the hospitality it was great to meet you guys and check out the shop!

It was all we could do to get Josh to sleep Saturday night after returning with all the parts Saturday.

After hearing the Z while we were there and hearing Josh's I can't wait to get mine up and running.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:45 PM
LT1Pat
Instructor

That's a serious cam!
Old 02-24-2014, 06:49 PM
LMB-Z
Le Mans Master

Received 441 Likes on 395 Posts

That sound is off the chain for sure. Cant wait to see what kind of numbers it makes. Congrats
Old 02-25-2014, 06:12 AM
spdmn75
Burning Brakes

Pull that trigger
Old 02-25-2014, 08:20 AM
JwT
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

I take it that the headers were open? Sounds almost to radical for a open road car. How does it drive at low speed? You may need a clutch soon as well.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:57 AM
Turbotank
Instructor

We havent taken it out yet, its got to get back down to Mike @vengeance for a tune. We got the rest of the exhaust put back on and it quieted it down a little. the mild to wild is drastically different! At WOT its going to be STUPID! haha cant wait!

David, It was great meeting you and Ron cant wait to get back down for the tunes. Hope Mike is making out alright! Hope hes getting some sleep!!

Last edited by Turbotank; 02-25-2014 at 11:25 AM.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:58 AM
DaOtherOne
Melting Slicks

Received 175 Likes on 138 Posts

Old 02-25-2014, 11:22 AM
sublime1996525
Team Owner

Received 200 Likes on 77 Posts

Very nice
Old 02-25-2014, 11:50 AM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by turbotank
We havent taken it out yet, its got to get back down to Mike @vengeance for a tune. We got the rest of the exhaust put back on and it quieted it down a little. the mild to wild is drastically different! At WOT its going to be STUPID! haha cant wait!

David, It was great meeting you and Ron cant wait to get back down for the tunes. Hope Mike is making out alright! Hope hes getting some sleep!!
He's doing very well, thank you! He made it back in today and will be ready for ya'll in a few weeks!

Originally Posted by "NO SHOW"
Same here David, thanks for the hospitality it was great to meet you guys and check out the shop!

It was all we could do to get Josh to sleep Saturday night after returning with all the parts Saturday.

After hearing the Z while we were there and hearing Josh's I can't wait to get mine up and running.
The pleasure was ours sir! Make sure and send us the Kaotik video so we have one online as well
Old 02-25-2014, 12:26 PM
Rupert pupkin
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NIIIIIIICE!! You have dyno #s/graph
Old 02-26-2014, 08:06 AM
Turbotank
Instructor

Originally Posted by David@Vengeance
He's doing very well, thank you! He made it back in today and will be ready for ya'll in a few weeks!

The pleasure was ours sir! Make sure and send us the Kaotik video so we have one online as well
Thats good to hear! We will definitely have ALOT more videos coming. we will also have plenty of video comparisons on drivability and answer the most important question how bad does the Sumbich spank the Kaotik!

Heres a vid from last night playing with the mild to wild, Its still untuned so expect it to change a little

Old 02-26-2014, 08:37 AM
Turbotank
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rupert pupkin
NIIIIIIICE!! You have dyno #s/graph
Not yet, We have to get "No show"s up and running then we are heading down to ATL to get Mike tuning on them. We should have them ready for tuning middle of March... Its going to kill me to have mine back together and just a tune holding me up...
Old 02-26-2014, 09:03 AM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Not yet, We have to get "No show"s up and running then we are heading down to ATL to get Mike tuning on them. We should have them ready for tuning middle of March... Its going to kill me to have mine back together and just a tune holding me up...
Congrats on the new cam and heads setup.

Vengeance has a great reputation.

Get notified of new replies

To My Sumbich gets a Sumbich!

Old 02-26-2014, 09:35 AM
Rupert pupkin
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds good. Can't wait for your review.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:08 PM
Turbotank
Instructor

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06
Congrats on the new cam and heads setup.

Vengeance has a great reputation.
This was our first time dealing with them and I have to say they really helped us out. David, Kevin,Ron and Mike have been excellent to deal with, One of our sets of heads came back from WCCH damaged and kevin has been jumping through hoops to get it resolved. The really do stand up to the reputation.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:11 PM
"NO SHOW"
Pro

how bad does the Sumbich spank the Kaotik!
I'd like to refer to it more like HOW WELL the Kaotik stacks up to that big Sumbich.

Quick Reply: [Z06] My Sumbich gets a Sumbich!